Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread had so much potential until people responded

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^LOL so true. But then again, half the people in the western world have a sub-100 IQ, so what can we really expect?

Nice writeup OP. I think belief in gods and magic and spirits and sh*t is pretty silly. However, Iron-Age myths last for aeons, especially when there are so many people who are utterly terrified of death. And there are so few truly non- or anti-religious films out there I wouldn't be surprised if this were a thinly veiled attempt to push religion in some way.

Fear of death breeds all sorts of irrational behavior.

However, I haven't seen the movie so that's pure speculation. I'll check it out.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:
Anyways...i just think it's very small minded to say there is no god or higher power because bad stuff/pain occurs here in the physical world...
I agree with that. If there is a God/higher power/whatever, you can't use human standards to judge such a thing, you're talking about the very nature of existence here. The world and the universe is a tough place, it's not for cowards, sissies, or whiners.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I agree with that. If there is a God/higher power/whatever, you can't use human standards to judge such a thing, you're talking about the very nature of existence here. The world and the universe is a tough place, it's not for cowards, sissies, or whiners.

Normally, I agree with your posts Zekko. But you are wrong here. If there is a higher power then there needs to be accountability, otherwise you are saying the worlds atrocities are acceptable in some contexts.

And yes the world is a tough place, which is why some people strap broken bottles to their fists (like in the movie) to put up a fight, while other people bury their head in ancient fairy tales.

Although I do not believe in one, I certainly would not worship it if it did exist.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
How many lives we have is completely irrelevant to the fact that torturing people is ALWAYS wrong. Letting people be tortured is ALWAYS wrong. Even if we do have many lives, that does NOT excuse your higher power from letting people suffer and it certainly does not lessen the horror of suffering through said experiences.

You are a hypocrite for talking about compassion and then suggesting that the atrocities that go on in the world aren't as bad as they seem. True compassion requires intervention. Doing nothing and then telling the victim that it was their "due" and that'll get a better life next time is far from compassion. It is disgusting and vile.

What you are saying is utter nonsense and you should be ashamed of yourself for perpetuating such an insidious belief.

Meditating is not a valid way to find proof, and even if it were I would not acknowledge a higher power as immoral as the one you have put forth.

You don't have to just because we have different beliefs.....your perspective is one from common logic, emotion and fear...too bad none of those things won't lead you to the actual truth.....you speak of morality....have you been brainwashed by the bible.... i think you are more religious than you deem yourself....there is no such thing as good and evil, just higher and lower vibrations of energy which always create a balance....pain is pain, fear is fear both very negative vibrations of energy....but they are both only temperary.....

It is funny that you say if there is a God he is immoral because he lets these things that you and other people deem to be so tragic happen....but what you don't understand is that line of thinking is one from a limited perspective that earth is the be all and end all...God and the afterllife are way above this physical realm...the things you speak of seem horrible but they are no worse than a vivid nightmare in reality....we all wake back up after this life....me and you are looking at the same object from different sides of the table...

With a screen name of your's your sight is very blurry.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
If there is a higher power then there needs to be accountability, otherwise you are saying the worlds atrocities are acceptable in some contexts.
If there is a higher power, who's going to make him accountable?
Besides, if there are kids being beaten and raped by pedophiles, why don't we hold the pedophiles accountable?

Let's say we lived in a world where no bad things happened, except your pet dog dies once in a while. You know there'd be some guy saying "How can there be a God who allows this evil of my dog dying to happen?".

Anyway, even if we did live in a world where no bad things happened, what would such a place look like, MyLittlePony-land? Maybe it's true when they say there can be no light without shadow, no good without evil.

I know I've gone through some things that I thought were horrible at the time, but in retrospect I see that those experiences shaped me into the person I am today.

These atrocities exist, fact. Blame the universe for it if you want. Would you be willing to push a button that would cause the universe never to exist just so that these things would never occur? Do any of the rest of us have a say in the matter? You can't apply human standards of behavior to something on such a mind bogglingly massive scale. Or you can if you like, but it's not going to do you much good.

Last edited:

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
the entire religious thing is bogus, created by witch doctor types who want to not have to really work or fight. it's maintained by people who are SO self centered that they just CAN'T believe in reality(ie,this is all there IS, and all there ever WILL be, either and you will die, and be long forgotten) They "think" that because THEY are SO 'special", that SURELY there is more, there is "purpose", etc. but that's just bs. If you allow bs like this into your thinking, your mind gets warped. Be GLAD that prayers don't work, cause as US citizens, BILLIONS of people pray constantly, for your horrible, sudden death.

-Gripz-

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like how the Op hasn't posted in his own thread. I bet he's sitting there eating popcorn watching this unfold.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc4 said:
You don't have to just because we have different beliefs.....your perspective is one from common logic, emotion and fear...too bad none of those things won't lead you to the actual truth.....you speak of morality....have you been brainwashed by the bible.... i think you are more religious than you deem yourself....
I have been calling God immoral this whole thread and you think that I am brainwashed by the Bible. I have to ask, are you seriously this stupid?

zinc4 said:
there is no such thing as good and evil, just higher and lower vibrations of energy which always create a balance....pain is pain, fear is fear both very negative vibrations of energy....but they are both only temperary.....
You are using puesdo-science nonsense to draw moralistic conclusions.

zinc4 said:
It is funny that you say if there is a God he is immoral because he lets these things that you and other people deem to be so tragic happen....but what you don't understand is that line of thinking is one from a limited perspective that earth is the be all and end all...God and the afterllife are way above this physical realm...the things you speak of seem horrible but they are no worse than a vivid nightmare in reality....we all wake back up after this life....me and you are looking at the same object from different sides of the table...

With a screen name of your's your sight is very blurry.

It is the epitome of arrogance for you to assume that you know more about what happens after we die than what I know. The fact is that you don't know. you have no proof to support your claims and it is absolutely vile for you to spread your lies and justify the various atrocities that happen every day.

For you to say that it is ok for children to be raped because it is their karmic due, and that it really isn't as bad as it seams is as reprehensible as it gets. Again I say that you should be totally and utterly ashamed of yourself for entertaining such vile and disgusting beliefs.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol why hasnt this thread been closed yet? We cant talk about race but religion is tolerated when it leads to even more silly and pointless debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.