Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The glass is always half empty!

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
You want to thrive? You want success? You want career mobility? You want MONEY?

Then you better see the glass half empty all the time. People who see the glass have empty are the ambitious people who don't like to settle for less. When people tell you to see the glass half full, they are telling you to settle, give up, have low standards and stop complaining. They tell you this in order to make it easier for themselves to succeed because they see the glass half empty. They are taking away their competition.

Guys.. remember the glass is always half empty! Never half full. You should be asking why the f*ck isn't this glass full? You should not be shrugging and accepting it.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is more than one way to skin a cat. You can take the pessimist's approach or the optimist's approach.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
let's be realistic... this glass needs full not empty.
I am rarely optimistic, and rarely pessimistic because
optimism = fools
pessimist = unhealthy

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half full is tantamount half empty. For the real optimist, the glass is always completely or mostly full, and the confidence and self worth contained within, always there to be supped from.

Success is a subjective measure. Having a permanently and completely full glass means you're not ever chasing things you don't have; rather, only ever attaining more than you already do, no matter the ongoing state of affairs.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree completely!

The glass is half full, but I am always looking for ways to fill it up. The glass is half empty says "I give up"

For example, you start a business and your business partner leaves...
glass half full - more money for me, i'll find someone better, or now I can make this business shine
glass half empty - what did I do wrong? Why would they leave? What am I going to do without them? Is the business going to fail?

I opened a restaurant in 2013...
glass half full - businesses fail because the owners suck at it. I will not fail
glass half empty - 50% of new restaurants fail (which I heard from about 90% of people I know)

Sold restaurant for 3 times what I paid to build it...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with @Howiestern on this one. People are motivated by different things.

It's fine to be a glass half empty person, but to my mind that is fear based motivation. Fear based motivation originates from a place of essential lack. Fear based motive seeks security (to be safe from whatever the root fear of lack is.)

Glass half full person is abundance motivated. Abundance motivation comes from a place of creative power, from a desire to make a unique impression on the world, to push the boundaries of expansive thinking and to create abundance.

Now both are very formidable motivations; both powerful. But it is my belief that fear based motivations are intrinsically self limiting since they are not rooted in unlimited expansive creativity.

As an individual attains a level of success the fear based need for security that springs from lack actually diminishes because an individual reaches a level of success that satisfies that need. One can become complacent here and drift if one has met the fear based need.

So then a transition can occur. A transition rooted in positive self belief that says "Wow. I did that...let's set a really big goal and see what I can REALLY do, let's pull those self imposed boundaries off and really let it all hang out.

I was a chip on the shoulder/don't want THAT/glass half empty person once. Now I'm creatively expansive in my thinking and opportunities are literally everywhere.

People who attain high levels of success early (the Elon Musks & Mark Zuckerburgs & Mchael Dells of the world) are never constrained by the glass half empty thinking and its inherent limitations. Rather they sell out full bore to an idea that they are focused on manifesting. They start off in creatively expansive mode.

So be mindful of how you think & how you are motivated. It drives everything.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Agree with @Howiestern on this one. People are motivated by different things.

It's fine to be a glass half empty person, but to my mind that is fear based motivation. Fear based motivation originates from a place of essential lack. Fear based motive seeks security (to be safe from whatever the root fear of lack is.)

Glass half full person is abundance motivated. Abundance motivation comes from a place of creative power, from a desire to make a unique impression on the world, to push the boundaries of expansive thinking and to create abundance.

Now both are very formidable motivations; both powerful. But it is my belief that fear based motivations are intrinsically self limiting since they are not rooted in unlimited expansive creativity.

As an individual attains a level of success the fear based need for security that springs from lack actually diminishes because an individual reaches a level of success that satisfies that need. One can become complacent here and drift if one has met the fear based need.

So then a transition can occur. A transition rooted in positive self belief that says "Wow. I did that...let's set a really big goal and see what I can REALLY do, let's pull those self imposed boundaries off and really let it all hang out.

I was a chip on the shoulder/don't want THAT/glass half empty person once. Now I'm creatively expansive in my thinking and opportunities are literally everywhere.

People who attain high levels of success early (the Elon Musks & Mark Zuckerburgs & Mchael Dells of the world) are never constrained by the glass half empty thinking and its inherent limitations. Rather they sell out full bore to an idea that they are focused on manifesting. They start off in creatively expansive mode.

So be mindful of how you think & how you are motivated. It drives everything.
Maybe fear based for you. Not for most people.

What is scary about a glass being half full? Nothing. Its just not satisfying.

I don't understand your post at all.

Serenity

Reaction score
Ah, the glass half empty people. Those ungrateful never good enough a$$holes that most people want to avoid.

Money has zero value if it's at the cost of happiness, it's practically worthless in that sense. What people truly want is satisfaction, many believe the way to that is money. By the time they've busted their a$$ for that money they're miserable as fvck or worse, trapped in an endless cycle of "glass half empty" and "nothing is good enough" thinking.

This is a trap guys, a tempting one and a bad one. Being pessimistic as fvck might bring a lot of money, but it defeats the entire point of getting money in the first place, to be satisfied.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe fear based for you. Not for most people.

What is scary about a glass being half full? Nothing. Its just not satisfying.

I don't understand your post at all.
That doesn't surprise me at all.

The glass objectively is at 50% capacity. How you describe that indicates whether you come from a scarcity mindset (emptiness) or an abundance mindset (fullness).

Does that help?

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me at all.

The glass objectively is at 50% capacity. How you describe that indicates whether you come from a scarcity mindset (emptiness) or an abundance mindset (fullness).

Does that help?
No.

If your glass is half empty then you don't have abundance. If your glass is half full you are pretending you have abundance when you really don't. The glass half empty person will WORK to fill that glass up more. The glass half full person will RELAX and just accept mediocrity.

Fear has nothing to do with it. Its a glass.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

If your glass is half empty then you don't have abundance. If your glass is half full you are pretending you have abundance when you really don't. The glass half empty person will WORK to fill that glass up more. The glass half full person will RELAX and just accept mediocrity.

Ok suit yourself. Had I listened to what high worth individuals told me I would have gotten where I am financially much faster. Years faster.

I knew everything too...until I finally saw that I didn't.

And I did get there. But looking back it would have been wiser to listen more to what established millionaires were telling me. I was hard headed so I took longer to reach that point than it should have.

Good thing about hard headedness is I had NO quit in me.

Bad thing is I had very little ability to listen to those who were already there.

The more successful I become the more I realize I do not know. Which is actually pretty cool.

Hope you do well.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
No.

Bro I think you are confusing the issues. Half full doesn't really mean you have abundance. It means try to look at the positive side of every situation. If something doesn't go the way you like, look at the other side of the situation, the positive side.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Ok suit yourself. Had I listened to what high worth individuals told me I would have gotten where I am financially much faster. Years faster.

I knew everything too...until I finally saw that I didn't.

And I did get there. But looking back it would have been wiser to listen more to what established millionaires were telling me. I was hard headed so I took longer to reach that point than it should have.

Good thing about hard headedness is I had NO quit in me.

Bad thing is I had very little ability to listen to those who were already there.

The more successful I become the more I realize I do not know. Which is actually pretty cool.

Hope you do well.
I hear ya.

If your point is not to view every situation as negative, I agree with you.

Just saying people are usually motivated by acknowledging that a situation can be improved.

Bro I think you are confusing the issues. Half full doesn't really mean you have abundance. It means try to look at the positive side of every situation. If something doesn't go the way you like, look at the other side of the situation, the positive side.
Yeah, you have to look at the positive side.. but don't pretend the negative side isn't there either.

You don't get to THRIVE status by telling yourself "this could be worse" you get to THRIVE status by telling yourself "lets make this better".

Serenity

Reaction score
The glass half full person will RELAX and just accept mediocrity.
At least that person is happy though, which is better than trying to fill a glass that will always be half empty anyways.

Can't ever really fill the glass and be satisfied with your mentality, because then you'd relax become mediocre. The entire point of "glass half full" is to relax and have a good time, rather than stress yourself to death thinking happiness lies somewhere in the distant future and you must suffer in the moment to attain it. The goal will just be further pushed forward and you'll constantly suffer under your own inhumane pressure in the present.

Note, I do not doubt the validity of your thinking leading to massive productivity. But it will do so at the cost of life satisfaction which will in turn defeat the entire purpose of being productive at all.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, we should feel unhappy and frustrated because we don't have as much money as BigNeil/Urbanyst do.

darktriadism

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares the glass is empty or full?
It's your reality, just pick the glass up and do whatever you want.