"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

The funny, talkative guy or the mysterious, mature, quiet guy?

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
Actually, I just realised, after school today, that I am only the comdian, crazy, talkative, etc, kinda guy when I'm with friends.
If I am by myself, walking around a shopping center, I am the opposite and I can see that it's a glow to girls that see it. At school it's just not the same because when friends are around me, I tend to be the opposite of when I'm alone.

I saw an old friend. I was this total mature nice happy guy with her. I asked how her new job was, asked how she was doing, congradulated her on the new job, I was easy going about the whole thing.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
Originally posted by Tails
Ahh, good advice my friends. I just finished school here and I just remembered something. I use to big a huge player, going to parties, hanging out at the shopping center and all that stuff... just to try and get laid. I'd chat up girls all the time... all I wanted was to just have fun (sex).

It's about half a year since all that has faded away. I am still pretty much the same person. I am funny, confident, I talk, I sing (in class). But for some reason, I am not playing the player role anymore. I get oppertunities to talk to girls and maybe even get laid. But for some reason, I don't bother with all that anymore. Deep down, I'd really much rather a relationship for once. I don't want to get involved too much with those kind of girls who just wanna go to parties, get drunk and have sex. That was me before, not now.

So what I am trying to say here is: If I am still the same person, doesn't that come off as me just wanting to have fun and get laid all the time? Isn't that what girls see when I'm being the comedian guy who winks and says hi to every girl that walks past? I love doing it, it's funny. But that is all I do it for. Fun. I don't intend to go chat the girl up or get laid. I just hope they don't see it that way (which they probably do), maybe this is a problem? How can I attract the girls that are the opposite of what I use to be? Aren't they attracted to the opposite of me? The quiet, mysterious, serious guy?
Depends on how old you are. If you are over 25, you have a pretext for being the strong silent type. A pretext other than trying to look cool, that is. Women will see through that like plexiglass. Women are more attracted to the strong silent type who is tinged with a little sadness and world weariness. They want to know where he's been. What happened to him, ect. My favorite example, Robert McCall: The Equalizer.
So, in order to make the strong silent thing work without just trying to come off as an act, it's neccesary to have a few years behind you.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
I will have this sexually driven "mysterious" aura, like there is something more to me.
lol
 
Top