The First Original Don Juan

spike

Banned
Reaction score
Before this site I did not know Don Juan, and all this talk about don juan made me curious. So I went online and google The History of Don Juan,
and heres what I find out.

The original Don Juan was written by a monk! Gabriel Tellez
And the original Don Juan is not the Casanova type!(i just though DJ's should know)
This Don Juan leaves his women crying and in tears!(Bad Boy type exactly)
Basically The Point of this thread is the original Don Juan is just a plain bad guy. Who acts like a kid!

(I cut and paste the bottom from this linkhttp://other9.tripod.com/scr/dj.html )

"Don Juan Tenorio first appeared 380 years ago in Renaissance Spain, a young aristocrat who dallied and played between the twin extremes of passion and repression, untouched by either. His creator was Gabriel Tellez, a monk who wrote under the name of Tirso de Molina. The play was El Burlador de Sevilla. Here was the root of all that followed. However, this Don Juan is not yet the irresistible lover. He doesn't leave women smiling, but in tears. He disguises himself as a woman's fiance in order to violate her.(Jerk) The first time he does this, the lady is disgraced and the man is forced into exile.(wtf) He uses the same stratagem a second time without success, and kills the girl's father, who tried to intervene. The fiance, a friend of Juan's, narrowly misses being hung for the crime. Juan deceives two peasant girls by promising marriage, taking one from her wedding feast. The second girl's house he burns to cover his retreat.(Don Juans is a BAD BOY)

In all, he never blinks or flinches, never wastes a thought for the thunderbolt God must surely be preparing for him. Death is far off, and the afterlife is just a fairy tale. Don Juan's disbelief gives him complete liberty of action and freedom from fear. Nothing in heaven, earth, or under the earth can make him turn a hair.(Basically his fearless)

When he comes upon the memorial statue of Commander Gonzalo, the man he murdered, he tweaks the statue's beard and invites the dead man to dinner. That night at dinner, the stone commander arrives and invites Juan to dine at his tomb. Juan never hesitates; he takes the statue's hand, and though he feels his heart freeze within him, passes it off as "imagination." At the tomb, Juan eats the strange dinner without complaint: tarantulas, vipers, and fingernail fricassee, washed down by vinegar, frost and ice. At last, the statue offers his hand again, asking Juan if he is afraid. The answer is no: Juan grips the statue's hand, and the stone commander sinks into the earth, dragging Juan alive to hell.

This is the original Don Juan: elemental and intense, open only to his own pleasure, utterly indifferent to the consequences of his actions, possessed by the same false sense of invulnerability that children enjoy.(Is this really False Invulnerablity?) He has no real interest in any external thing. In a word, he is a narcissist. It's no surprise that the best and most compelling portraits of Don Juan are works for theatre; Juan is a man of action. His inner life is almost nonexistent."

Heres my questions:
What quality or quality's from this don juan should a Man have?

"open only to his own pleasure, utterly indifferent to the consequences of his actions, possessed by the same false sense of invulnerability that children enjoy."

Is this really a False sense Invulnerablity? because we are all vulnerable young and old! How are we to be child like?

Last edited:

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have aids? With the amount of time you say children, I'm wondering if Don Juan was a child molester.

Reaction score
spike said:
Before this site I did not know Don Juan, and all this talk about don juan made me curious. So I went online and google The History of Don Juan,
and heres what I find out.

The original Don Juan was written by a monk! Gabriel Tellez
And The monk Don Juan is not the Casanova type!
This Don Juan leaves his women crying and in tears!(Bad Boy type exactly)

(heres the linkhttp://other9.tripod.com/scr/dj.html or you can read my cut and paste)

"Don Juan Tenorio first appeared 380 years ago in Renaissance Spain, a young aristocrat who dallied and played between the twin extremes of passion and repression, untouched by either. His creator was Gabriel Tellez, a monk who wrote under the name of Tirso de Molina. The play was El Burlador de Sevilla. Here was the root of all that followed. However, this Don Juan is not yet the irresistible lover. He doesn't leave women smiling, but in tears. He disguises himself as a woman's fiance in order to violate her.(Jerk) The first time he does this, the lady is disgraced and the man is forced into exile.(wtf) He uses the same stratagem a second time without success, and kills the girl's father, who tried to intervene. The fiance, a friend of Juan's, narrowly misses being hung for the crime. Juan deceives two peasant girls by promising marriage, taking one from her wedding feast. The second girl's house he burns to cover his retreat.(Don Juans is a BAD BOY)

In all, he never blinks or flinches, never wastes a thought for the thunderbolt God must surely be preparing for him. Death is far off, and the afterlife is just a fairy tale. Don Juan's disbelief gives him complete liberty of action and freedom from fear. Nothing in heaven, earth, or under the earth can make him turn a hair.(Basically his fearless)

When he comes upon the memorial statue of Commander Gonzalo, the man he murdered, he tweaks the statue's beard and invites the dead man to dinner. That night at dinner, the stone commander arrives and invites Juan to dine at his tomb. Juan never hesitates; he takes the statue's hand, and though he feels his heart freeze within him, passes it off as "imagination." At the tomb, Juan eats the strange dinner without complaint: tarantulas, vipers, and fingernail fricassee, washed down by vinegar, frost and ice. At last, the statue offers his hand again, asking Juan if he is afraid. The answer is no: Juan grips the statue's hand, and the stone commander sinks into the earth, dragging Juan alive to hell.

This is the original Don Juan: elemental and intense, open only to his own pleasure, utterly indifferent to the consequences of his actions, possessed by the same false sense of invulnerability that children enjoy.(Is this really False Invulnerablity?) He has no real interest in any external thing. In a word, he is a narcissist. It's no surprise that the best and most compelling portraits of Don Juan are works for theatre; Juan is a man of action. His inner life is almost nonexistent."

Heres my questions:
What quality or quality's from this don juan should a Man have?

"open only to his own pleasure, utterly indifferent to the consequences of his actions, possessed by the same false sense of invulnerability that children enjoy."

Is this really a False sense Invulnerablity? we all vulnerable! How are we to be child like?

I am not sure if I understood your question about the child like invulnerability. They are talking about how as kids, you always seem to think you will live for ever and there are no consequences for your actions. Which is why he had no fear, he was ignorant to it. That is a mistake. Fear is something that your body needs. It keeps you sharp. But it needs to be controlled. Knowing your fear is the only way to do that, and blind ignorance to it will only end in your demise. Face your fears.

As for the attributes a Don Juan must have.. I think it depends on your objective in the game of life. I think a PUA is more based upon selfish pleasures (not saying thats a bad thing, but it's more to make you happy than to make them happy, although they do experience happiness).

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
What he means is that Don Juan was good at picking up children. He didn't use ****y and funny he used the "come over to my car, I got some candy".

Hyde

Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
What he means is that Don Juan was good at picking up children. He didn't use ****y and funny he used the "come over to my car, I got some candy".
Can this guy please be banned?

Dude, all you do is talk sh*t. Please, shut the hell up! Go get a girlfriend or something. Make your hand useful.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Hyde said:

Dude, all you do is talk sh*t. Please, shut the hell up! Go get a girlfriend or something. Make your hand useful.
Shouldn't you be out in a bar fighting a complete stranger?

Hyde

Don Juan
Reaction score
John_Galt said:
Shouldn't you be out in a bar fighting a complete stranger?
Shouldn't you be on the internet safely talking sh*t to complete strangers who can't punch you in the face since you're hundreds of miles away?... Oh, wait...

EDIT: Please stop sending me private messages. I don't want to know what you do to playgirl magazine.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Hyde said:
Shouldn't you be on the internet safely talking sh*t to complete strangers who can't punch you in the face since you're hundreds of miles away?... Oh, wait...
Isn't it obvious? Fleetwood Mac makes me CRAZY! :flowers:

spike

Banned
Reaction score

John_Galt said:
Do you have aids? With the amount of time you say children, I'm wondering if Don Juan was a child molester.

Why wonder that too! I hope not caz hes really CooL!

spike

Banned
Reaction score

Sacratus Bellator said:
I am not sure if I understood your question about the child like invulnerability. They are talking about how as kids, you always seem to think you will live for ever and there are no consequences for your actions. Which is why he had no fear, he was ignorant to it. That is a mistake. Fear is something that your body needs. It keeps you sharp. But it needs to be controlled. Knowing your fear is the only way to do that, and blind ignorance to it will only end in your demise. Face your fears.

As for the attributes a Don Juan must have.. I think it depends on your objective in the game of life. I think a PUA is more based upon selfish pleasures (not saying thats a bad thing, but it's more to make you happy than to make them happy, although they do experience happiness).

That was just a though!

spike

Banned
Reaction score

John_Galt said:
No! I dont think don juan is child Molester, I didnt write that article, I just post it... My point was, The character of Don Juan although He was bad it was still COOL! BADASS!

spike

Banned
Reaction score

Hyde said:

Yes he should be banned, WTF IS WITH HIM!

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
spike said:
Yes he should be banned, WTF IS WITH HIM!
I have big balls.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
The smell of my balls permeate your mind.

spike

Banned
Reaction score

John_Galt said:
The smell of my balls permeate your mind.

yo im 12 stop hitting on me!!! molester!!! your probably some old horny dude!

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry son, I'll give you a tea bagging.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he would go away if you all ignored him. All this intellectual alpha-male talk, and you guys are letting this nobody rattle your cages.