Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The final word on online dating

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that every time I visit here, there's a new thread on online dating. Sites like plenty of fish, craigslist, and anything else.

I'll just lay it out: internet dating is the worst way to meet women.

Yes, you can meet women and get laid through online dating. But it's the worst way to meet women. Even cold approaching women walking down the street is far more successful.

The woman is reading a message from you or looking at your profile. You get very little (if any at all) charm across over the internet. No tonality, no emotion. No body language.

In the real world, you may not be her type, but if you've got your stuff together you can woo her. If you're not her type in online dating, you won't even get a chance.

Dating sites have far more men than women.

And why would a woman go online to find a date? A happy, stable, attractive woman with her life together doesn't need to go online to find men, she has men lined up for her in real life.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
It seems that every time I visit here, there's a new thread on online dating. Sites like plenty of fish, craigslist, and anything else.

Yes, you can meet women and get laid through online dating. But it's the worst way to meet women. Even cold approaching women walking down the street is far more successful.

The woman is reading a message from you or looking at your profile. You get very little (if any at all) charm across over the internet. No tonality, no emotion. No body language.

In the real world, you may not be her type, but if you've got your stuff together you can woo her. If you're not her type in online dating, you won't even get a chance.

And why would a woman go online to find a date? A happy, stable, attractive woman with her life together doesn't need to go online to find men, she has men lined up for her in real life.
bingo, the only women you'll lay online are desperate women with no options and who don't have their **** together (there are always exceptions, but 99.9% of the time this is the case).

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know man..I have seen some pretty successful women on plentyoffish.com

I had a Nurse with her master's degree message me

I see many with a higher education degree and occupation so you might be off base as to what kind of women are on an online dating site. Just to add, I know of two people whom met through eharmony.com and are now MARRIED.

I honestly feel that you would have more success meeting women on the street and through mutual friends.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
I don't know man..I have seen some pretty successful women on plentyoffish.com

I see many with a higher education degree and occupation so you might be off base as to what kind of women are on an online dating site. Just to add, I know of two people whom met through eharmony.com and are now MARRIED.

I honestly feel that you would have more success meeting women on the street and through mutual friends.
like I said, there are exceptions. I met one of the girl I'm currently seeing online (she has a masters too). But like I said, they are the exceptions, not the rule.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never gone this route myself, so I'm not the best to comment, but on the POSITIVE side, something that I've heard from a friend is that there's a new demographic on these sites: recent college graduates who have moved from their hometown due to a job offer, and don't know anyone yet in town.

I wouldn't have an objection to that, but again, it's on a case by case basis, and I'd rather spend that time working my personal network, nightlife, and so forth.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know of two people whom met through eharmony.com and are now MARRIED.
Most men are total chumps, yet most men eventually get married, which means that marriage is no indicator of a healthy relationship or a man who is good with women.

I see many with a higher education degree and occupation so you might be off base as to what kind of women are on an online dating site
something that I've heard from a friend is that there's a new demographic on these sites: recent college graduates who have moved from their hometown due to a job offer, and don't know anyone yet in town
My point is that it's a bad way to meet women . Meeting through friends, at parties, cold approaches on the street, they're all better ways. They're easier, there's more women, and you've got a much better chance of success.

Mr CIDH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating sites are crap since there are 10 times more guys compared to women and women there are spoiled with attention by all the AFCs. They often are there because have problems meeting guys.

Random chats are better for meeting chicks especially when you are still are still quite young. Lots of girls there, and loads of guys who have no idea what to do with a woman. The guys almost always agree with anything she says so easy bait to start disagreeing and start teasing her.

Girls there are not that often up for a meet but beeing able to talk with loads and loads on a wasted evening makes up for that. You can easily fill your MSN list with girls and see which gain interest how to and improve your first skills. If you are 15 or 16 or something go for it. When you get older it gets less use because most attractive women have better options than to chat all day.

Watch out for fakers. Broken webcam = faker. Skip those.

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree. I personally have had success with online dating. Not to brag, but I feel like I am average to good looking and my body is better than probably 90% of men. That gets me in, and from there for me its a matter of not messing it up, which I don't based on past experiences.

My main reasoning for using online dating is simple. I am in military and wherever I go, it is a sausage fest. So in order to combat that, I used internet dating to meet girls from out of my local radius..

The other benefit of internet dating is meeting women who you would never meet otherwise.

Just my opinion.. I agree there are a lot of crazies, 20 something losers with 2 or 3 kids, and just ugly women, BUT there are also some great catches on there.

Not being a d1ck, but if she isn't attracted to you, nothing you do will matter

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
I Don't know...

I've found some pretty hot women offline. all of them nice (at least most) and had a pretty good thing going

like in real life, whether you get them or not depends on if you're attractive to her or not.

Online it's generally harder to convey a sense of person, but for the most part it's the lazy mans way out

you can be successful if you know what you're doing

I won't say it's a bad way of meeting women, but it is not the best either

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Captain said:

Hello Pummelo! +1 rep for you! I totally agree! There are some successes though.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"the final word"...right
people are still gonna do it no matter what you say

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post and I agree completly. You got to wonde what's wrong with these women if they have to go online to find someone, especially if they are good looking and who knows if they are a woman behind the keyboard.

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
Captain said:
The same could be said about a man with his sh1t together, yet here we all are

women online have reasons just like men. Maybe she DOESNT have guys lined up to date her. all her friends could be married

maybe she doesn't like the men who want her. Really, would you want a stable relationship from some chump at the bar?

I think they go on there sometimes to weed out the men they don't want. To only target men who are their type and fit what they want instead of the first available guy who wants a date

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

A few of you guys seem to have missed my point, though. My point isn't that there are only weird, desperate women on the net. That would be untrue, there are normal women out there.

My point is that online dating is A BAD WAY TO MEET WOMEN.

You have a better chance of success when meeting women in real life. For every women you sleep with after meeting her online, you could have done the same to 4 women who you met in real life.

99% of the men using online dating are the ones who are too anxious to approach women in real life. You need to get that sorted, you can't go around avoiding your fears. You need practice and exposure and rejection to get over them and improve yourself.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what you're saying is this thread isn't trying to be THAT ballsy, it's SIMPLY stating something OBVIOUS. Well kudos?

Next time try to present a worthwhile argument other than "Internet Dating isn't that great!"

King Turi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a mate who tries to pick women up all the time online, the only people I've seen him with are people he met online..

When we go out for real he doesn't try hitting any chicks up though, just is quiet.

I guess all about the persons personality, but I always tell him he only gets the uglies.
He tells me they aren't ugly, so each to their own.
Except they ARE ugly. :/

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I should go back to mall approaches and shiit. I hope you are right man, because this Facebook shiit is so damn easy. I do of course meet the people out first and use Facebook like I would the phone. So maybe it's not 100% online.

I have yet to straight up add a total stranger and get her in the sack solely on facebook, btw.