"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

The fear you MAY ACTUALLY SUCCEED

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
Ok so I was being sarcastic, but the message is clear that really succeeding isn't as hard as it sounds unless you put that mental block there yourself. I hope I will hit home with a lot of you out there as it's something I have come with lately on MY journey to become a DJ. So Essentially I am trying to get it across that maybe we create a fear in order to keep us hidden from the rest of the world so that we have an excuse for not actually doing anything.

Obviously it's not so simple as saying "you're lazy" or "you're making excuses" but really there's no real harm in just getting out there and DOING it. More or less you should have the approach that "I'm not going to wait until tomorrow to do something, I'm going to do something RIGHT NOW so I don't continue making excuses and putting it off."

Now on to the actual big point behind this post. First of all I would like to say that this isn't a groundbreaking discovery, but it definitely helped me gain some insight and get a positive boost of energy. For any one to really succeed in something, it must be practiced over and over again. Whether one is trying to ace an exam, learn a new language, drive a manual car for the first time, chisel out a new body or even break out of being shy (you get the idea). All of those things have a correlation and that is that they require an ACTIVE approach to it which requires one to continual plug at it until they feel confident with it.

You will not be able to succeed or get very far at all if you don't have the will, determination, passion and strength or perseverance to stick it out. Even though each of those things I mentioned above have varying levels of difficulty, the principle stays the same. Some would say that driving a manual is easy, but the truth is it that if you got discouraged when you stalled the car the first time, then you wouldn't be driving a manual car now would you? But then how is it you would put meeting women as so different? You stuck to it, you learned how to drive a manual car because it was something you had a desire and a strong will to do. You knew it would take time, but that you wouldn't keep stalling it forever until you learned HOW NOT TO.
But we fail to see that in order to succeed at a LOT of things and not just one or two things, you need to actively stay involved in what you are doing in ORDER to see the results. You wouldn't not study or not do your homework in calculus, then why would you allow yourself to beat yourself down thinking it's so so hard with women?

Just to end this off so it doesn't get too long, I want to say that for something so dramatic a change and something so positive and SO rewarding, why risk it with putting little to no effort in it. Confidence in what you are doing is key and making sure you NEVER second guess yourself is another or else that's the first step in quitting. It shows that if you have the right mindset on ANYTHING you approach, that really you can change WHATEVER situation you are in by simply believing you can and then doing the steps necessary to become successful in it. It doesn't matter if you're trying to be successful with women, acing an exam, starting a business or ANYTHING else you could think of. Without all those things mentioned and continual hard work, I'm doubting you'd get very good results at all. So really I could even go so far to say that even though people enjoy being in a pattern or "comfort zone", that the only real acceptable excuse in not doing something about their situation now is that they have been discouraged in doing so, but the truth is that NO MATTER WHAT has happened to you it will NOT COMPARE to doing NOTHING at all. So STOP making excuses for yourself and go "HEY I can do this, I will do this... just watch me". Never second guess yourself again and you will always come out on top :D

:D :D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top