Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The economy is killing me...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobluek

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was one of the millions of people that were laid off in the last two months, and it's killing me. The job hunt is much, much harder now, because there are fewer opportunities, and more people applying to them. I was unemployed at the exact same time last year, and had roughly three interviews scheduled each week for a month until I accepted a position (I had three offers on the table at the end). I've been out of a job for six weeks now, and have had a total of one interview, and I was just using it as practice--it was too far of a commute.

Beyond the fact that I have no income, my biggest issue is the efficient use of time. I still have severence, and unemployment, so I'm technically making more now than I was when I was employed, but I'm going nuts. I've applied to everything on the major job boards, and am at the point where I'm viewing the same postings every day. I spend 2-3 hours on the web looking for a position until I get fed up with my daily dosage of deja vu.

At the beginning of my unemployment, I was browsing for jobs 9-10 hours a day and being productive. Now, it's tough to find reason to wake up early and browse the same job postings I've read 20 times. I see many positions that I am qualified for, and last year would have gotten calls for, but it's just not happening. I even had three positions where I had solid referrals from inside the companies, and didn't get a call from either. I know it's not my resume, either, because I've had great success with it in the past.

This post is more of a rant and hopefully some of you guys can share your experiences. More and more, I'm finding myself sleeping until way too late, taking naps, and just generally using my time very poorly. Any tips?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to Bush's America. This is going on EVERYWHERE. There is nothing anyone can say.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone struggles sometime in their life. It builds character although its not fun to struggle. You will get through it, I am sure of it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to Bush's America. This is going on EVERYWHERE. There is nothing anyone can say.
Only an ignorant person could blame the economy on a single President. He is not the problem. People thinking that Obama will "change" the economy are not independently thinking. And I have very high hopes for Obama overall.

We have become too complacent, not a lot of progress for the amount of money we spend. People buy things they cannot afford. Very much is wasted in 2009 United States. These are not conservative ideas. And I highly doubt the liberal leaders intended for everyone to become a bunch of lazy fvcks. That's just what happens when a nation prospers. You see, the people who claim to hate America, don't really hate the George Bush's, they hate the lazy entitled lifestyle we live. The ignorance is not confined to the U.S., not by a long shot.

It's up to the people now, to have the willpower to remain strong and among the world's elite nations.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
Isn't Bush's fault, big guy.

Its corporate America's fault. We are the victims of greed and careless risk management in Corporate America. Now WE are the ones that pay the price.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, this wasn't caused by one president, or even ONE GENERATION for that matter. All these years of living in a culture of indulgence have caught up with us.

Suck it up dude.....it's not going to end anytime soon.....

canibis_trip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:
Isn't Bush's fault, big guy.

The fault is in federal reserve. Printing more money = inflation.

Inflation is tax on your money.

Thus they took your money. They robbed you. It will get a lot worst. Obama :whistle: well, he comes from the same pile of **** as Bush. Obama + Bush = Mabus, lol.

My advice, convert your saving into gold because dollar will trash. Also, find any kind of work and start saving money. Also, find out how to avoid draft.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dudes. Im not blaming the economy on a single person. Im not gonna turn this into a political debate by explaining, myself either. I know that whoever's in office is bombarded by influence from every direction, and is in the pockets of corporations, so they practically dont even make decisions for themselves anyway. Trust me, I dont just blame Bush.

I was simply referring to the last 8 years as 'Bush's America,' the same way I describe 'Clintons America.' I dont give Clinton 100% of the credit for the good economy during his presidency.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why dont you come here to Colombia and work? there's plenty available .
It's kind of ironic, because before this mess started, it was the other way around.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

IF the economy doesnt bounce back or at least show's that it's making a comeback by July I think we will be seeing more and more people leaving the states and looking for job's in mex/canada.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
canibis_trip said:
The fault is in federal reserve. Printing more money = inflation.

Inflation is tax on your money.

Thus they took your money. They robbed you. It will get a lot worst. Obama :whistle: well, he comes from the same pile of **** as Bush. Obama + Bush = Mabus, lol.

My advice, convert your saving into gold because dollar will trash. Also, find any kind of work and start saving money. Also, find out how to avoid draft.
Federal Reserve does not print or create money.

Best of luck to the OP. I hope you find a job.

Thread has turned to political.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.