The Dumping Game

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bros,

I have a quite unusual problem here. I've been going out with a girl for about a month or so (not long at all). Before Christmas, I had been rather cold towards her, and unintentionally hinted to her friends that I wanted to break up. This girl has too many warning signs on her

-mother is super-dominant
-father is much better looking than mother
-attention-craving
-flirty
-unusual values
-inexperienced
-influenced by magazines, friends, mom

Plus, she's not offering much in any department - looks, intelligence, personality. I admired her for her hard work and persistence in school, but i've come to realize that almost all academically-oriented girls are like that.

The problem is, she has things figured out and "wants to dump me first." This would be terrible for image at school and simply for my personal dignity.

I am also unwilling to simply "break it off with her." I'd like to do it in a dignified and kind way, if possible. I'd appreciate any suggestions and past experiences you guys might have.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by California Love

The problem is, she has things figured out and "wants to dump me first." This would be terrible for image at school and simply for my personal dignity.

Care to elaborate?

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Dumping Game

Originally posted by cactus3178
Care to elaborate?
I go to a small private school, where I've developed a good reputation and have been well-connected with the people around me. Getting "dumped" first by an "ordinary girl" would be really detrimental to my image as well as manhood. It has symbolic value and importance.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dump first.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by California Love
Boo-f**king-hoo...your poor reputation will be tarnished! Now you'll never be able to hang out with the cool kids again!

Not trying to be an ass...just to show you how ridiculously immature this is. I've known plenty of people whose girls have broken up with them and they've just been like, "Yeah, it was getting bad anyway. I'm kinda glad she did." And no one made a big deal out of it. If they do, then they're retards.

Maybe I just don't "get it"...maybe you'd get a better answer in the high-school forum.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her this; ive been thinking about breaking it off with my girl too and this is what im planning on saying...

Youre a great person; ive no regrets about our relationship or anything weve done. I cant say i dont enjoy my time with you, but i can only wish now that itll be so in the future. Ive been giving this a lot of thought and i came to realize that we are better off as friends. I like you but theres many things in my life right now that require too much energy; that i cant focus enough on you. I hate doing this because id hate to see you hurt, but i cant pretend that this is going anywhwere and get both of ourselves hurt. i wish you the best

Something like that

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Statement: You will never be a DJ.

Reason: You care too much what other people think of you.

Correction: Change your attitude and realize that needing the approval of others makes you a weaker person.

Right now these people at your school tell you to jump and you ask "how high?" Pathetic!

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol omg and i thought you acutally had a problem

dump her. simple

if she dumps you who gives a f*ck. if they are so judgemental then i would not want them as friends anyway. they can go **** themselves and if they make a big deal about it..... slap them!