Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Downfall of Marriage?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
Why aren't these marriage bashing threads closed and the other 500 identical copies linked? It was getting old in 05' Maybe search is broke?

I'm sorry... but I'm reminded how many of you guys used to poke fun at Love shack. I'm sorry, but at times I find both boards equally pathetic, for different reasons of course.
HE does make a good point.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Often marriages are just a show. I know more than a few couples that appear honey and roses on the outside, but behind closed doors I know that these men are starved for sex.
I met a couple on New Years Eve last year. They seemed PERFECT for each other, seemed to be loving, caring, affectionate......

Two months ago I ran into the wife at a friends house. So much for the rosy marriage. He is now living in an apartment away from the wife and kids. Ran into HIM a few days ago. It seems that since he moved out, things are REALLY GOOD between them, they are getting along better than ever.

Never assume people are happily married. A good portion of them are a sham.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a man owes it to himself to marry a young childless maiden and attempt to create an Ozzie & Harriet family, with the level of ejaculations with his wife like Hef. Fortunately for the wife, she must be sexually receptive for her to get pregnant, so she is motivated early on to spread the legs. Of course, it is after she has had all the children that she wants that she does not see the need for sex.

So the proper path for a man is to simply stay in the marriage as long as he is getting what he wants, and then when he is not, he gives a soft ultimatum - i.e., that he is not getting enough action, and he wants to seek other action. That puts the onus on wifey to either start putting out, or realize that she does not want to do her wifely duties, and let him go in divorce. It would not be his fault, because she is the one not doing what she is supposed to do. Then hubby takes the big financial hit and gets on with his life, and has ready excuses not to get married again - already has kids, and doesn't want more, already gone through a marriage that did not work, and that left him poorer, etc.

Hubby would not need to secure good genes and mothering skills for his kids, so he could get a vasectomy and go back to being a horny teenager. He could even hire prostitutes with the full knowledge that sex with his ex-wife had cost him a certain amount, so paying a prostitute would be cost-effective (especially one in a poorer country.) He could get a girlfriend and have sex with her, and even be a common-law husband, but he would be in a position to resist any woman wanting him to marry, and could simply dump that women if she were to try to restrict the sex.

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marry again?

Been there done that - lost the T shirt and the house.
Kids all grown up and in another city studing - thanks to dad
Happy now being single, but have a steady GF.
No desire (on both sides) to remarry or live together.
Marriage is an institution to bring up children in a stable enviroment.
There is NO other reason to marry if you dont want kids.
Sex (well, at least with you) does dry up after a while - that's life.
Marriage - like milk has an expiry date.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shazzampua said:
It's a tragic fact that there are few things more un-sexy than sex with your spouse. I have actually said stuff like this many times to married women (whom I often end up sleeping with) and they almost always agree 100%.

But this much I can assure you...women want sex much more than men do. But it is their weapon of choice they use in the battle for commitment.

So if you ever get married, it may as well be a funeral for your penis...but if you find a woman who has been married for a few years...well, she is almost always still available!
Women do not want sex more then men do. We have higher sex drives. We have 4-8 times the amount of testosterone in our bodies and that is the hormone that drives libido.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well I believe women have the same sex drive as men do, they are just not driven to mate with a variety of partners. Estrogen and other female hormones creates a sex drive for women and some women have a higher libido than many men do. They just aren't driven to fvck just anyone or as many different partners.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well I believe women have the same sex drive as men do, they are just not driven to mate with a variety of partners. Estrogen and other female hormones creates a sex drive for women and some women have a higher libido than many men do. They just aren't driven to fvck just anyone or as many different partners.
Men have a much higher sex drive than women due to their higher testosterone levels.

Now it may APPEAR that women want to have lots of sex because of the pleasure, but usually it is to *reel* in the guy and set the trap. In other words, they are using sex as a means to an end with the pleasure part being only a secondary benefit to them.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Categorically false. Men produce 17 times the amount of testosterone a woman does. It is a biological impossibility for a woman to want sex as much as, or as often as men. Enjoyment of course is subjective so is thus unquantifiable. Trust me, when a woman says, "I don't understand why sex is so important to guys" she's speaking the literal truth. No woman will ever experience 17 times the amount of her own testosterone levels (barring steroids). Even at the peak of her menstrual cycle, when she's at her horniest, she'll never experience what men do 24 hours a day.

Estrogen does 'control' libido - for men: Estrogen have a look at the Functions section here. And while you're at it you may want to have a look at Testosterone; and in particular this:

Like men, women rely on testosterone to maintain libido, bone density and muscle mass throughout their lives. In men, estrogens simply lower testosterone, decrease muscle mass, stunt growth in teenagers, introduce gynecomastia, increase feminine characteristics, and decrease susceptibility to prostate cancer.

Because women's sex drive is set in a cyclic pattern that matches their ovulatory cycle, whereas men's reamains realitively constant and subject to environemental arousal. Women are significantly more prone to arousal (and sexual activity) when they're at the peak of their fertility in their ovulatory cycle (i.e. their highest point of testosterone production) - usually week 2 after their last menstruation. A parallel to this is the "morning wood" cycle in men. The highest testosterone levels men experience is within the first hours before and after waking from sleep. This is due to the body's buildup of hormones and endocrines (serotonin, melotonin, etc.) needed to produce recouperative, restful sleep. Thus the tendency to wake up with 'wood'.

The perception that women display more sexual arousal behaviors is only relative to their ovulatory cycle, whereas men's is a constant. That's not to say we all walk around like chodes with a perpetual stiffy, blathering incoherently because we can't think of anything but sex. It is to say that our biologies are different and women's libido follows a bell curve as their testosterone levels fluctuate.

Merlin

Reaction score
Kids are great

There is no advantage for men to get married except for one thing. Kids. If you have played the field long enough and are ready, kids are a wonderful thing. They will change your life for the better.

A wise man said that the true treasure in life is your kids.

Im recently seperated from my wife and waiting for the divorce paperwork to be processed by the state. I don't have many regrets and my marriage was very good for 10 years. But we grew apart over the years and as a result we got divorced.