Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The doorway drill

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently came upon something I thought was pretty useful for general confidence and demeanor. This was part of a "social influence" podcast for business relationships. It is interesting how the concepts behind good business relationships directly applies to intimate relationships as well. So here goes...

Preface: First impressions are made long before your actually walk up to someone and talk to them. This is not a new concept. Corey Wayne and others talk about being that guy in the bar that just looks like "he is having a great time". Before you approach a woman, business prospect, etc. they already have an opinion about you. Their first impression is made based on how they observed you earlier in the day. Think people don't notice you, even if just for a second? you are wrong! It takes 2 seconds for them to make a judgement. 2 SECONDS!!!

So how do you make good first impressions?

The doorway drill..
Every time you walk through a door...
-stick your chest out
-pull back your shoulders
-stand upright
-eyes straight

and

-SMILE!

Do this every time you walk through a doorway. Eventually, this will become a habit. You will naturally walk into places with a welcome confident attitude. The first impression people have is positive. They may even be curious. What is he so happy about? Who is this guy? Do this at work, do this at home, do it socially, do it everywhere, every time you cross that threshold.

After a couple weeks, you will notice this becomes a habit. That is the key, making this confident demeanor a habit. Now, the key here is don't be a frigging peacock!!! It must be natural and fit to your personal style.

Try it!

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Roober, you just gave me the idea to do this whenever I walk into the bathroom. I'm there to get the job done, no wasted trips. :up:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sticking your chest out looks lame.

Comes off as fake.

See: tryhard

So, I do not recommend.

However, standing straight and tall is good for overall posture and communicates frame.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sticking your chest out looks lame.

Comes off as fake.

See: tryhard

So, I do not recommend.

However, standing straight and tall is good for overall posture and communicates frame.
Your taking it too literally. Basically stand up straight. If your standing straight and upright, your chest will stick out a bit.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just about projecting your natural manly presence. It's more a case of what NOT to do... don't be that shrivelled up person who is almost apologetic about taking up any space at all.