"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

The Don Juan's guide to Sense of Humour.

alphamale1

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Brisbane
Hey everybody,

We need a Don Juan's guide to sense of humour and I want everybody to add their comments to what they know and believe are the techniques or words, ingredients or flavour for an unbelievable charge of sense of humour just dieing to be released.

Hear u all soon.

Ben

i'll start it off. Starting from number 1 and so on........

1. I believe that changing your volume and pacing as well as changing your tone and sound of your voice has a huge impact on ur delivery. Eddie murphy has three or more different sounding voices which are separately unique. Which makes him very stimulating to the audience. for those who have seen saturday nite live eddie murphy, he speaks rough, funny and cool as well as with different accents.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
2) you must be spontaneous(spelling?). Humour is only funny if its witty and to be witty you must not hesitate. How many times has someone said something stupid and you think of a great line to say to that person 30 minutes later?
 

TOOBAD

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Australia
Exxaggeration of body language does wonders, it sends mixed signals while getting a laugh, ie, saying "your naughty" while smiling.

If your not a natural in humour, the best thing to do is take a item that you need to crack a joke with, ie beer, then list all things related, drunk, spewing, driving, hangover, get your mind to associate different things yet relevant to, then use in a surprising context.

The no.1 thing that makes humans laugh is surprise, so use that as a model for humour to twists endings to create laughs. Also if you know what the other person is about to think when wisecracking, change it.

Play on words, (POW) Intended Misinterpertation. Someone says something, then you pretend to hear it as something funny and feed it back to them, "I picked up this chick last night" into "Sorry...? You played with your Di*k last night?"
 

dig it

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
All good ideas that i incorporate. I also mix it up a little, dont stick to one style all the time or type.

leave a joke hanging to make it funnier....turn your attention to something else immediately after it or simply say "anyways...."

Just after someone tells a joke (not all jokes will easily translate for this tho) raise your eyebrows and say "Is that right" or something, then come back with a witty remark. Lead into something else.
 

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
Don't rely on a "straight man". That is, an accomplice whose job is to be the butt of the joke or get the "pie in the face". DJ humor comes from your own ability to observe and interact with your crowd independently. Good example of observant humor: Mystery Science Theater 3000.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I have many different approaches to humour, but for me, dry humour and wit has always worked the best with women. I.e. say something flippant in a very serious tone, with no change in expression. You can use C&F and neg hits this way too and it can work like a charm.

I'll often tell girls they're cramping my style or holding me back. Or when girls sit next to me in class and start talking I'll say something like "Look, I understand that sitting next to me is very exciting for you, but if you keep distracting me I'm going to ask you to sit elsewhere".

But, it can backfire if the person doesn't know you particularly well so use it with caution.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
I have a guide to humor in the DJ bible if you want to check that out.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
take note of what they say and insert it back into the conversation in a creatively humorous way. that's my style.
 
Top