"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

The DJ movie thread

D97

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Post your collections.

Here's mine:

Swingers
Cruel Intentions
The Tao of Steve
The Thomas Crown Affair
Dangerous Liasons
Playing by Heart
Nice Guys Sleep Alone
Singles
The Pickup Artist

On the way: Don Juan DeMarco, 100 Girls and when Amazon gets stock in, How to be a Player.

The best of those are the first two.

Go.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

2niceaguy

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I know you guys will think this is crazy but how about the character Hawkeye(Poe) from "Last of the Mohicans" He is a DJ from the 18th Century. He got Cora to fall for him by not acting like Heyward (AFC). Good movie. I know it is not a modern story/setting but you can learn about what women are attracted to from this movie.

Some lines from the movie (early part)

HEYWARD
I thought all our colonial scouts were in
the militia?

Off to the side, Uncas smiles at the idea.

HAWKEYE
I ain't your "scout". And I am in no damn
militia.

HEYWARD
(stops)
Then you are one of those who would allow
England to fight alone while she protects
you from France?

HAWKEYE
England does not protect me and does not
war against France on our account. She uses
us to war against France on her own account ...
of greed for land and furs.

CORA'S

appalled.

HAWKEYE
(turns)
Clear it up any?

HEYWARD
(loud)
I owe you gratitude or I'd call you out!

HAWKEYE
(low)
Do not let gratitude get in the way ...

Cora's hand holds back Heyward's sword arm because suddenly Chingachgook looms
over him.

Hawkeye coolly watches Cora. Her attitude is hostile; aligned with
Heyward. He turns away.
HAWKEYE

throws Heyward a blanket. Heyward spreads the blanket below the top of the mound
and - maintaining silence - he gestures for Cora & Alice to rest there.

ALICE'S HEAD

hits the blanket. She curls into a fetal position and she's out. Heyward is nearby on
watch.
Hawkeye has taken a position two-thirds of the way around the crescent shaped
mound.
Cora has sought him out.

HAWKEYE

doesn't react as Cora enters. He's scanning the trees; not looking at her.
They whisper ...

CORA
Why didn't you bury those people?

HAWKEYE
Anyone lookin' to pick up our trail, would
see it as a sign of our passing ...

CORA
You knew them.

Hawkeye looks at her and nods.

CORA
(stiffly)
You were acting for our benefit. And I
apologize. I misunderstood you.

HAWKEYE
Well that is to be expected. My father ...

CORA
Your "father"?

HAWKEYE
Chingachgook. He warned me about
people like you.

CORA
He did?

HAWKEYE
Yes. He said ... "do not try to make them
understand you."

CORA
What?!

HAWKEYE
Yes. And "do not try to understand them.
That is because they are a breed apart and
they make no sense ..."

Cora's indignation is cut off because ...

CORA
(still pissed off)
"We're a breed apart and we make no
sense" ...?

HAWKEYE
(smiles)
In your particular case, miss, I would
make some allowance ...

CORA
(sarcastic)
Thank you so much.

Cora is angry. Hawkeye, staring at the trees, glances at her. She settles, looking at him.
Her mood changes. Then ...
Cora sees the slate grey clouds and, in between, the fields of stars. She looks at Hawkeye; then again up at the night sky.

HAWKEYE
(continuing; looking up)
My father's people say ... at the birth of the
sun and of his brother, the moon, their
mother died ... so the sun gave to the earth
her body, from which was to spring all life.
And he drew forth from her breast the stars.
The stars he threw into the night sky to
remind him of her soul.
(the sky)
So there is the Camerons' monument ...
my folks', too, I guess.

CORA'S

pensive. Hawkeye's watching her. Her reaction is enigmatic. After a pause ...

CORA
(low)
You are right, Mr. Poe. We do not
understand what is happening here.
And it is not as I imagined it would be,
thinking of it in Boston and London ...

HAWKEYE
Sorry to disappoint you ...

CORA
(eyes downcast)
On the contrary. It is more deeply stirring ...
to my blood ...
(then up into his eyes)
... than any imagining could possibly have
been ...

She closes her eyes, turns slightly and prepares to sleep. Hawkeye is the one left staring
into the birch forest, a little surprised. Some of his assumptions about her were
wrong ...

CORA
What are you looking at, Mr. Poe?

HAWKEYE
Why, I am looking at you, Miss.

Cora measures the directness of Hawkeye's manner. It's not insolent, only unsettling.
Feeling foolish; she turns. He leaves.
HEYWARD
Cora, I adore you and, when we come together,
we will be the happiest couple in England ...
I am certain of that. More than ever before.
(softens)
I believe you must trust the judgment of others
who hold your welfare so close to their hearts ...

CORA
Duncan ...
(pause)
Duncan, I promised you an answer. You
have complimented me with your persistence
and patience ... But the decision I've come
to is I'd rather make the gravest of mistakes
than surrender my own judgment.

Heyward is stunned.

CORA
And it's been unfair to you, while I search
myself for feelings, which, if they were
there and as strong as they ought to be,
would've made themselves known long ago ...
(pause)
Take my admiration and friendship, Duncan.
And please take this as my final answer.
It must be no.

Heyward' shattered inside.

HEYWARD
I see ...

CORA
I am sorry, Duncan ...

Heyward nods. He's speechless. He's errect as he leaves the room.

HAWKEYE
(to Colonial #2)
I'll cover them from the top of the casement.

JACK
(in amazement)
You're not coming with us?

Hawkeye shakes his head.

HAWKEYE
Got a reason to stay.

JACK
That reason wear a blue dress and work
in the surgery?

Low laughter

HAWKEYE
(dry)
It does and it is a better lookin' reason
than you, Jack Winthrop.
(more laughs)
Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French
outpost by dawn.
(sticks out his hand and
grasps Winthrop's)
Good luck, Jack.

The men split up ...
HAWKEYE

wanders among the dancers and musicians clustered in groups, lit by the firelight.
Someone catches his eye and he moves in that direction ...

HAWKEYE'S POV: CORA

in the shadows, leaning against the wall, searching ... we sense she's been looking
for him. He comes up to her. She turns in surprise.

CLOSER

Somehow she breathes easier because he's there. She's in a white shirt with the sleeves
rolled up. Hawkeye leads her away from some of the people.

CORA & HAWKEYE

Hawkeye takes Cora's hand. Cora is awakening to a new spirit, a new wind blowing
through a new land, a new self-determination ... She's drawn to this rough yet graceful
man with his direct manner. Hawkeye settles against a wall. She leans next to him.
Their shoulders touch.

CORA

To her everything about him seems to be somehow right. She's discovered that the
passions and outrage that move him, move her ... And her readiness to give herself to
what stirs the deepest resonances of her soul is the same as his.

HAWKEYE

looks at her. She's beautiful in the firelight. Cora's eyes find his and she folds into his
arms. His lips find hers and tears stream down her face. She's suffused with an elation
she can't explain. In the night before doomsday a romance is born in rebellion amid the
huddled people in this small stockade ripped from the black earth of the forests of a
wild continent.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
conan the barbarian.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Damn you guys,

Why are you forgetting ****tail with Tom Cruise? He and his buddy are the two ****iest bastards I have seen in my life. The movie itself is okay but Tom Cruise is one slick rick.
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Since your mentioning Tom Cruise movies...what about Top Gun? His performance in that movies demonstrates the perfect example of how to interact with a HB.

The movie "American Beauty" is a great DJ movie. It shows an old guy who is unhappy with his life turn things around, make changes, start working out, ect and he almost lays his daughters ultra hot friend.
 
Top