Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The DJ Cook

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys its ok. You can learn to cook and you won't grow tits.

But hey we r DJs so let's do this smarter and use the group mind. There's a lot of different cultures on this forum so we should be able to come up with some incredible things to stock the pantry with. And hopefully we can make this thread worthy of being stickied.

Objective is to be able to cook something awesome and amazing in 30 minutes, preferably out of your freezer or pantry so that you are always ready to go.

So basic rule is that if it's quick and multi purpose let us know.

And of course home cooked food is healthier. And if you're cooking for a girl you can give away one of your secrets and look like supercook.

I ll kick off.

Universal sauces
Definition: a sauce that can go on seafood meat or vegetables. Extra points if it freezes well.

One I use all the time is chimichurri sauce. It goes with everything freezes well and is bright green so it screams healthy guy. Bonus is it's full of superfoods.

Kick in guys

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK obviously too gay a thread for sosuave.

MODS PLS DELETE THREAD
Actually cooking is one of those hobbies that women enjoy seeing you passionate about and bonus; they can taste your passion ;)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing gay about this thread at all. The best chefs have always been men.

I'm a pretty good cook myself, comes from years of having to fend for myself, plus I learned a lot from my mom. I taught my ex-wife and my girlfriend a lot about cooking.

I don't really have any suggestions. It just depends on what you like, and what you make that gets the best reactions. My only recommendation is don't cheap out on the ingredients.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replicating what you've eaten in restaurants usually works. I had a burger recently with jalepeno goats cheese and it just made the burger. I imagine its not hard to replicate a bit of jalepeno and cheese. If anyone's interested, it also had egg and honey onion.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to spell it but my ex was south African and cooked a dish called bubweti (that's how it sounds when spoken anyway) but I'm sure its pretty certain but tastes great as well. It's basically mince, sultanas and herbs with ric covered with a milk and egg mix that tastes nicer than it sounds. Look it up

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Des yr a legend - great old thread.
Mainly western recipes from what I could see. Might b a bit of scope for adding more Asian recipes and ingredients.

I also like the idea of hero ingredients like the jalapeño goats cheese and my universal sauces.

Idea is random chick pops up - do the usual dinner at mine and we all go out afterwards schtick. Go to yr pantry/freezer in the time she s had 2 drinks yr eating something awesome.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Des yr a legend - great old thread.
Mainly western recipes from what I could see. Might b a bit of scope for adding more Asian recipes and ingredients.

I also like the idea of hero ingredients like the jalapeño goats cheese and my universal sauces.

Idea is random chick pops up - do the usual dinner at mine and we all go out afterwards schtick. Go to yr pantry/freezer in the time she s had 2 drinks yr eating something awesome.
And its much cheaper. Nothing better for a mans soul than being financially savvy

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another interesting sauce u can get in China Town - vegetarian oyster sauce. They make it out of mushrooms. Like the real stuff you have to keep it in the fridge once you've opened. Gives a nice rich meaty flavour and can be used in Asian or Western dishes. Works with seafood meat or vegetables.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK obviously too gay a thread for sosuave.

MODS PLS DELETE THREAD
The only thing "gay" about cooking is sitting and waiting on the couch for someone else to cook for you. With the exception of my mother, I have yet to meet a woman who can cook better than me.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spoon the inner of a tomato out and fill it with mushrooms, parmesan cheese and full fat cream. We used to serve this in a cafe I worked at and it was very very popular. Obviously you have to cook the thing.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best cooks are the creative ones. Substituting traditional ingredients for other things can really make a difference.

I have something really quick that I throw together that tastes absolutely magnificent. Cook some bacon (having some already cooked and frozen on hand is great), mix it in with a can of vegetables, heat it up, and add parmesan cheese. This has become a semi-regular addition to my meals.

Lately I've been getting creative with salads. I stole a really good taco salad recipe from one of my ex-gfs that's always a hit. I'll also get some of that popcorn chicken or shrimp, cook it up, and add it to a salad.

When I make hamburgers, I smash up flavoured croutons instead of using regular bread crumbs.

When I make omelets, I add roasted red pepper seasoning to the egg after pouring it into the frying pan. I always thought omelets were missing something, and that seasoning really does the trick.

I get creative when I've got a bunch of leftovers. I once made poor man's pizzas using bbq sauce & ketchup, leftover ground beef and a smokie, a bit of cheese, and soft tortilla shells. They were surprisingly tasty!

My stir frys never taste the same and are always different because I'm always throwing different stuff in them. Occasionally I'll make something that's not very tasty, but most of the time it turns out fairly well.

I stole a pizza recipe from a restaurant in a small town. Pizza crust, sour cream for a sauce, that fake crab stuff, shrimp, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on it, and then cover with mozzarella.

If I ever make grilled cheese sandwiches, I use real cheddar and use garlic butter on the bread.

French toast gets that chocolate or strawberry milk syrup instead of sugar. If I want a different flavour, I pick up a bottle of flavoured milk or a milkshake and use that instead of milk.

You can really come up with some cool 5hit if you get creative, and don't be afraid to attempt duplicating a recipe you like.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love cooking. I've always loved cooking, even since I was a kid. I even made an entire thanksgiving dinner once for parents, sisters, brothers, etc. (I made the turkey by stuffing butter under the skin and sewing it back up before cooking it. Juicy as hell!) I've never not gotten laid by asking a girl over with her knowing I could cook. If you really want to impress your social circle have a small group of friends over (make sure a few single girls are in the group) for a dinner party. Sit back, see which girl pays the most attention, and invite her over in a week. Dinner, booze, DVD, sex.

Even if a girl is on the fence, if you invite her over for dinner with you cooking, she'll more than likely come over just out of curiosity. Then, as long as she's there...

Anything you need:

http://www.recipe.com/

I'm also particularly fond of slow cookers. Couple frozen chicken breasts, frozen veggies, some cream of whatever, and Bob's your uncle.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This book is great called 'Just Add Spice'

Its meat and 3 veg recipe s from round the world. But they list what spices to buy and how to use them.

So meets the objectives of the thread:
- quick
- impressive
- many of the recipes freeze well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/19213...&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=Just+Add+Spice

It is a bit pricey but hardback and nice pics
Don't know if there s a kindle edition.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey TO
Did u mean add a can of say ' cream of celary' soup in the slow cooker?

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best and easiest sauce in the world. Put honey or brown sugar with soysauce in a microwave until sugar or honey is melted. Add tobasco, chilli powder or paprika or sauteed garlic or onion to get the flavour you want. Pour it over chicken or beef and cook. Voila, instant teriyaki. Or add some tomato sauce and thicken it by simmering it on the stove and you got spare ribs.

Lemon pepper, slices of lemon and a little dill make any white fish tasty.

Lamb or beef kebabs with the previous sauce threaded on to rosemary twigs look and taste pretty good.

Cut potatoes into wedges, dry them. Put them into a plastic bag with a little flour, paprika, brown sugar, black pepper and dried stock ( chicken works well] and shake bag til wedges are coated. Bake. Throw some cloves of garlic in to bake as well. Finely chop a chilli or spring onion to go on top. Last 5 mins put crumbled blue vein or smoked cheese on top. Some precooked bacon pieces are pretty good as well. Have a few small bowls of mayonnaise, tomatoes sauce and barbecue sauce for dipping.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will help you a lot as a cook to understand more about where your food comes from, and the local seasons for each crop. If you visit a local farmer's market and buy what is in season, you will have high quality ingredients and it will be easy to make good food.

Everyone thinks they can't garden, but I have grown some great tomatoes and peppers on my patio. In the summer and fall, I always have fresh jalapeno peppers as well as my favorite super-hots like Fatali. If you know the right tomato varieties to grow, then you can grow the best tomato you have ever had in a pot on your patio.