"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

The Difference in Your Life While Trying to Get a Girl and Having One

DarkCityNight

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
While many of us are trying to get a girl, we do things that we wouldn't normally do- go to bars, clubs, social events, etc. In general we spend a lot of energy on things some of us don't even like but feel are necessary to put yourself out there to meet someone.

And often without much success. I personally have trouble with the whole pre-girlfriend interactions. When I've had a girlfriend, I can use all the DJ prinicpals to keep her interested with no problem though. It just comes naturally while I am in a relationship, just not before. I'm wondering if anyone else is like this too.

So for me and probably many of you, the issue while trying to get a girlfriend is that you spend a lot of energy doing things that don't make you happy (bars, clubs) instead of doing things that do (but require a gf) like going for walks in the evening, going out to dinner, or just simple things like hanging out and enjoying each other's company.

I don't even know what kind of question to ask of you guys. Sometimes when we are close to a situation we stop seeing things clearly. Maybe the solution is clear to you but not to me. I've been stuck feeling like this for awhile and could use some advice. Thanks in advance
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

High Voltage

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
123
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario, Canada
When I first started trying to get a girl I would go to bars/clubs for that purpose. But after a few months I realized that I would never find the type of girl for me in those places.

Initially I didn't like dance clubs, but now I really like to go to them periodically with friends for the music, the dancing, the atmosphere in general. I don't even notice the girls and if one ever approached me there I would certainly turn them down. I'm just not interested anymore.

I came to the realization that if it wasn't fun, then why do it? Having a girl or not does not impact my life as, for example, getting an education. I'm willing to do things that don't make me happy for my education, but not to get a girl.

While this viewpoint may reduce my opportunities (I don't do cold approaches either), it really doesn't matter. I'm completely happy having a few opportunities to pick up a month becase:

1. I *know* I can get the girl
2. Girls simply aren't important to me

Hope this helps the question you didn't ask.

- HV
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Ask yourself why you don't like engaging in "social events". Is it because you have a genuine disinterest in what's going on? Or is it because it makes you uncomfortable and afraid due to your social awkwardness.

There's a difference between not LIKING hanging out with and chatting up girls at clubs and social gatherings and trying to CONVINCE yourself that you don't like it because you're either scared of it or not good at it.

Both of which can be cured by doing. ;)
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
you spend a lot of energy doing things that don't make you happy (bars, clubs) instead of doing things that do (but require a gf) like going for walks in the evening, going out to dinner, or just simple things like hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
I go out to bars a lot.

That's not because I want a girl or am looking for a girl - it's because I enjoy the atmosphere - I enjoy hanging out grabbing drinks with friends.

It's a socila situation and I don't go there with the only purpose to find women.

Of course it's great that there are girls there to pick up on - but it's not the ipso factor reason for being there.
 

A.J. Stanson

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Milledgeville, GA
If bars/clubs make you nervous, you should just try and pick-up girls elsewhere. In fact, bars/clubs are probably the worst possible place to pick-up girls, unless you are very good looking and/or a master don juan.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top