Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Departed

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I was watching the Departed today and honestly this movie never gets enough credit from my friends for the various messages it provides. In the 2 and a half hour run time it conveys so many DJ skills.... hell the first 5 minutes are gold:

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product...of me."

So much a DJ mindset or at least it should be. Shape the world around you and don't let it shape you. Always strive to make yourself better.

Church wants you in your place. What sort of man wants to be kept in his place? Do this don't do that, kneel, stand, kneel, stand...I mean if you go for that sort of thing... I don't know what to do for you. A man makes his own way. No one gives it to you. You have to take it.

Great quote here. Be your own man and not a follower. He is also right in if you want something you HAVE to take it.

You decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you, the Church. When I was your age, they would say, we become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: When you are facing a loaded gun... What's the difference?

Another great quote. Live life to the fullest because in the end we all die. Live each day to the fullest and above all else enjoy it.

Now the rest of the movie is also pure gold but the first 5 minutes of the movie start off a good trend and only gets better from there:

* Make the most out of life
* If you don't like something in life, then change it
* Enjoy your life
* If you want something, you have to take it as it wont be given to you

I hope everyone watches this movie at least once in their life. There are many more lessons to be gleaned from this movie but at the moment I am tired. Any comments?

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
Not to mention the awesome soundtrack, Rolling Stones!! Hell yeah. The director happened to be a teenager and handling some of the direction during Woodstock in 1969.

I bought this movie after seeing Inception and Shutter Island, going off a DiCaprio craze I guess (totally hetero) but I agree with you the opening monologue is really engaging and a good example of DJ lifestyle.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Decaprio is a very under rated star that plays some powerful roles. If you want another great film with him as the star you should watch The Basketball Diaries.