Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The DC dating scene

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the one hand, it's the ultimate power-broker town, and with chicks being so overly represented in college, it's got good demographics - and there is the openness that comes with everyone being from somewhere else.

Of course, hypergamy does still reign:
But more so than daters in other cities, the matchmakers say, D.C. daters know what they want — or, at least, they think they know what they want: an impressive educational pedigree (Ivy League or Stanford undergrad, plus a master’s); a formidable income (“Women say, ‘I need a guy who makes $500,000 a year or more,’” said Markiewicz) ...
But those men that are Chad enough have an almost unlimited supply for top-level poon:
“It’s not just about looks. ... I’m going to probably talk to 50 Disney princess girls over the next six months, and I’ll pick out the three to six that end up being the best fit for him in other ways.

Kat Markiewicz, D.C. matchmaker

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC has long had the reputation for being a tough dating environment. PUA/Manosphere guys Roosh and Roissy (Chateau Heartiste) emerged from there in the 2000s and were known for spreading the word about the difficulties the DC mating environment.

DC does not have the good demographics that you state that it has. Women who have advanced degrees typically do not make for good, sustainable girlfriends. Even women with solely a bachelor's degrees from an elite university are not the best girlfriends. The best girlfriends are women with a bachelor's degree from a non-elite university AT MOST.

Yes, there is an openness to new people because everyone is a transplant. Metro areas where everyone is a transplant tend to be some of the tougher mating environments. See Dallas and Phoenix as other, good examples of that. When few people have social circles due to frequent relocations, that forces more people by default onto the swipe apps, which lead to some of the worst behaviors from both sexes, but especially women.

Also, this article focuses on the matchmaking channel. There are high end matchmakers in all major US metros. There's not much talk on SoSuave about matchmakers. About 5 years ago, I was on a flight and I looked through the in-flight magazine to count the number of ads for matchmaking services. It was ridiculous. Multiple matchmaking services were advertising in it.

Reaction score
DC is the only city in the world I have been to where the girls had to confirm if I watched sports lol.