Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Damn Dog

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was recently talking with a freind about the absoulte psychotic mess the girl I used to date before I met my wife was, and I got to recalling some of the more annoying aspects of that miserable relationship.

One of the most aggrivating things I found myself wrapped up in was her obsession over this little Westhighland Terrier she had. I hated that fvcking animal; and I don't mean your garden variety hate, but the how Satan hates God kind of hate.

This is a Westie

Even after being married for almost 10 years and having put this mess well behind me, I still get a violent twitch in my eye whenever I see someone walking a dog like this. In fact, just doing the Google search to hunt this picture up made me want to throw my 23" LCD monitor across the room.

Now you're probably wondering why I have such undying contempt for this otherwise innocent and cute little breed of dog. It's not that I dislike Westies per se, but it was this insane, psychotic devotion to this pet that she would lavish on it in preference to paying attention to me or even her friends at times.

It was at this point that I did a bit of research to see if this phenomenon had a psychological parallel and interestingly enough it does. I got to thinking about all of the people I knew who gratuitiously and in excess spent inordinate amounts of time and money on the wellbeing of their pets. These were universally women - I can't think of one, unattached man I know who even has a dog, much less gets up early to drop it off at 'doggie daycare' on his way to work and picks it up on his way home. Neither do I know a man who would spend the kind of money 'gourmet dog biscuits' command from a store dedicated to nothing else, nor a guy who would buy 'Frosty Paws' dog ice cream treats, but I do know women who will. I know women who will spend $1500 for their "little precious'" to spend a day at the doggie spa. I know women who will pamper and coddle thier pet even after it sh!ts diarrea on the living room carpet and in the same breath berate their husbands for leaving the toilet seat up.

However it's not just the degree to which some women will go in their devotion to their pets, it's the indifference they display toward the human beings of importance in their lives, in preference to their pets, that crosses the line. There is a current field of study in this psychological transference of emotion to pets. Nothing terribly conclusive has been set in stone of course, but the theory goes something like this; People (mainly female) having a tendency to dote exhorbitantly over thier pets also tend to eschew meaningful interactions with significant people in their lives. It goes on to say that the pet becomes a 'self-proving' device that enables the individual to internalize that they are capable of loving while minimizing their reciprocation to another human being.

In otherwords when she sits there with little Fluffy and dotes over him rather than engaging you in even limited communication or affection it may be indicative of a more complex problem - a definite red flag to be sure. Of the examples of women's behavior I used in this essay, all of them were in some unsatisfying relationship that they were uncomfortable discussing yet would do nothing about. However, when prompted with conversation about thier pets they were very talkative.

So what does this mean to the DJ then? Beware. Part of an accomodating AFC nature is a disingenuous desire to identify with a woman in order to barter his identity for her intimacy. Nothing will bring a guy down faster than allowing this pet devotion dynamic to become a part of this identification.

AbsoluteFreakinChump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed...

This sounds alot to me like dating women with kids.
I've tried it with a few ladies,
and in my case they are so wrapped-up in their kids,
that they make you have to endure second-class
status.
It's challenging enough developing a relationship
without the distractions.
I LOVE my Husky,
but if I have a hottie over at my place
and the dog started getting in the way,
or wanting alot of attention, then doggie goes outside!

speedo_meme

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, good points, but....

but if a b1tch starts busting on my 75 lb. beast of a boxer, she hits the fukkin road. My dog's been there and been loyal alot longer than any girl has been in my life...:D

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, why'd ya have to go and bring up this subject?

My first LTR was an animal FANATIC. She had an abused (which gave it an excuse to misbehave, of course) German Shepard when I met her, and while I was with her she took in a Persian cat that no one wanted (and let me assure you, no one wanted it for a REASON).

I actually lived with her and her three ring circus freak show wannabe animal shelter for awhile. Imagine getting up early one morning and nearly busting your ass nice fresh pile of German Shepard doo-doo on your way to the shower. Not one of my fonder memories of a past relationship, that I can assure you.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I agree. Women who take their "love" for an animal to these kinds of extremes have MENTAL issues. I'll be damned if I'm gonna be kissing on some chick who shares her ice cream cone with her nad licking dustmop......NO WAY....

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything under 40 pounds is a hamster. :down:

The only small dogs I could ever stand were Corgis or Shetland Sheepdogs because they truely don't know they are a smaller dog.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
And I agree. Women who take their "love" for an animal to these kinds of extremes have MENTAL issues. I'll be damned if I'm gonna be kissing on some chick who shares her ice cream cone with her nad licking dustmop......NO WAY....

Bingo, bango!!!!!

I used to work with a women who claimed to be an animal rights advocate, she said that people should really look out for animals and all she talked about was her dogs!

I asked her how she felt about homeless people. She said that she didn't give a Shiit about them-no sympathy none what-so ever. :mad:

I asked her how she felt about abortion. She said that she was all for it, then to make matters worse she turned around and had one (her second)!

:rolleyes:

After I found out that she had an abortion I told her that her beliefs regarding "humans" and "animals" were very incompatible with one another and made no sense.

Talk about loony, sadly i've met quite a few women that held these kind of ideas.

Sad! :(

Sayno'