Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Daily Show vs The Colbert Report

The Daily Show vs The Colbert Report

• The Daily Show

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • The Colbert Report

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • I am a redneck and I find it offensive :D.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
IsiMan84 said:
It is simply satire. If you are looking for a true troll try watching the O'Reilly Factor.
I agree with youngblood here. Bill O'Reilly can suck a fart from my a$$ and then kiss my balls. Hypocritical self-righteous bastard. That c0cksucker, Tucker Carlson and that Hannity/Colmes can each be sodomized by a herd of bull elephants and then trampled to death by the aformentioned herd!

I have to give love to both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert (and Stephen Jr.) much love for totally fvcking with every right wing Republican piece of sh!t and smiling all the way to the bank . . .

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
I said they were trolls because 'politics' are generally a big serious deal, right? Just like most people on here take seduction way too seriously.
While you're reaching would you mind getting the peanut butter from the top shelf?

Jon and Steven make things light and fun, and get right to the point most of the time. Trolls here like DrBeard keep things from getting too technical.
I agree.

Yea, some trolls just lie and mislead to screw with everyone. But other trolls take what is being said and make it silly and crazy. Jon and Steven are the second variety.
Why did you compare them to Angelus then?

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Because I liked Angelus. He tried to shake up the forum, and he did a good job doing it. I agree with his reasons for why he "trolled" the forum.

Why are you on the offensive so much? You attack everything. Just take things in stride man. Its all in good humor.

Slevin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
Because I liked Angelus. He tried to shake up the forum, and he did a good job doing it. I agree with his reasons for why he "trolled" the forum.
I see what you're saying but not he's not really comparable by your own admission.

Why are you on the offensive so much? You attack everything. Just take things in stride man.
I like this forum and feel it could be great once again.

I'm not trying to attack people, I just want people to think more before they post. I do this in a matter of fact way so people won't misunderstand me.

Its all in good humor
I know that:)

check this out. I think you'll like it.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106744&highlight=standup+comedy

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
See, now you're kool. You talked to me instead of at me like you were before. Keep doing that and we'll have no problems.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
So what you're telling me is that people who entertain the public by distorting the truth and encouraging ignorance in America are not trolls, but rather the anchor of the #1 Primetime Cable News program that takes the news and seperates the truth from the pervasive liberal bias? Interesting. I'd love to hear your definition of a troll.
Well I would sure love to hear your definition of distorting the truth and encouraging ignorance. Just because Jon and Stephen expose the things that networks like Fox News wouldn't dare speak of because they're too busy juggling the prez's nuts in their mouth. Like Jon said himself on Crossfire, how much do can you expect from a news show that follows a singing turd? He said himself it's not up to him to provide the world with news, but the people whose are supposed to provide the real news should be doing a better job of it. If you take Jon and Stephen 100% seriously then you have issues and can't be helped.

Just because Fox News is #1 doesn't mean they're right, or the best for that matter. Did you ever think maybe they are #1 becuase they ARE trolls, and not the other way around? Controversy = ratings, son. People want to see what the idiot's going to say next. This son of a bítch tells people how much better he is than them and to shut up every chance he gets, and somehow he's not a troll? It also doesn't help that there's a bunch of conservative fúcks who think we can do no wrong, and would rather watch the channel that solidifies their beliefs. I would know, being only a few miles from the most densely populated conservative sector in the country. It's sad the things you hear around here.

And while we're at it why don't we declare Kim Jong Il's TV network always correct too. After all, they are #1 in North Korea. Too bad there's not a #2 to exist. From what you have said I can tell you obviously watch Fox News 24/7 and love it with a passion.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often find a lot less bias on the two shows than I do on say, Fox News, or the op-ed pages of the New York Times.

Journalism (well, at least, TV journalism) sold its soul to the markets years ago. Now the bias and outright falsehoods are shameless.

The sad part is that many people seem unable to remove the spin and form an opinion based on facts and rationality. To get what truth there is you need to take the message and subtract the messenger (and the talking points). It's not easy, and it seems most people just reject the entire message outright if they dislike the messenger.

Furthermore, many people with an audience have lost all respect for truthiness.

A time-consuming solution: Use Google News, open a few related stories in separate tabs, and then skim each one. Somewhere between each of them is the truth.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Nice, it's not often you see a lefty resorting to personal attacks in the face of defeat! And I can guaran-f'ucking-tee you O'Reilly is smiling wider. His ratings absolutely DOMINATE Stewart's and Colbert's combined.

Liberals are so darn cute.
Here's a perfect example of a righty skewing the facts. O'Rielly is getting his ass handed to him by Olberman. O'Rielly is smiling because he's getting c0ck in stereo from that fvckface Limbaugh and Hannity.

Choke on it.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Bill O'Reilly:

1) "If I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, 'Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead. And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.'" --after San Francisco voted to ban military recruiters from city schools, Nov. 8, 2005

2) "I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else, just had flooded them out, and I wouldn't have rescued them." --on his radio show, Sept.
14, 2005
3) "I'll tell you what. I've been in combat. I've seen it, I've been close to it... and if my unit is danger, and I've got a captured guy, and the guy knows where the enemy is, and I'm looking him in the eye, the guy better tell me. That's all I'm gonna tell you. The guy better tell me. If it's life or death, he's going first." –on his experience as a journalist covering firefights in South and Central America, Jan. 18, 2005

4) "So anyway I'd be rubbing your big boobs and getting your nipples really hard, kinda' kissing your neck from behind...and then I would take the other hand with the falafel thing and I'd just put it on your p***y but you'd have to do it really light, just kind of a tease business..." --as quoted in a sexual harassment suit filed against him by a Fox News producer, 2004

My favorite 5) "And guys, if you exploit a girl, it will come back to get you. That's called 'karma.'" –in his book, "The O'Reilly Factor For Kids,"

6) "If the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right?" -on finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, March 18, 2003

7) "I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this…What do you want me to do, go over and kiss the camera?" –on ABC's "Good Morning America," making good on his promise to publicly apologize if weapons of mass destruction were not found Iraq, Feb. 10, 2004

8) "Now it's so bad that I spend an enormous amount of money protecting myself against evil." –on being Bill O'Reilly, Oct. 18, 2005

9) "You know what’s really frightening? You actually have an influence on this presidential election. That is scary, but it’s true. You’ve got stoned slackers watching your dopey show every night and they can vote." –to "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart, Sept. 22, 2004

10) "The 'shut up' line has happened only once in six years." –responding to a viewer who said if he was so concerned about public figures being bad role models for children, he should stop interrupting guests and telling them to shut up, Nov. 15, 2002

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Monkey see, Monkey do . . .

quote:

Bill O'Reilly has also called liberals who dared to criticize President Bush un-American traitors who hate Bush and hate America. When in reality they love America, as I do, they only hate George Bush and the Republicans. I am a liberal, and I love America, and I want us to win in Iraq. As do most liberals, we criticize Bush on Iraq because we should not even be there, and he has screwed it up so bad. O'Reilly is lying, he says those things to make liberals look bad, it is all lies, and he is a liar.

He is also a coward, a total right-wing coward. He calls liberals who refuse to go on the Factor cowards who are hiding under their desk, yet he refuses to have David Brock on the Factor, or Al Franken, or me Steve Senti, or many other liberals. Bill O'Reilly is nothing but a biased, one sided, lying, right-wing coward. He is basically nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece for President Bush and the Republican party.
Bill O'Rielly is as right wing kooky as one can possibly get.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Monkey see, Monkey do . . .#2

On ratings:

O'REILLY: Let me break this to you. I get -- I get six million viewers a night, which they'll never admit, but that's the way it is.

Some Ratings Facts O'Reilly Will Never Talk About

3-4-06 -- Billy sure loves to talk about ratings, but here is something he never talks about, how his ratings have dropped 5 months in a row. And all he talks about are total viewers, yet the advertisers only care about the 25 to 54 demo, they call it the money demo, in that demo O'Reilly has roughly 400,000 viewers, which is only about 40% more than Keith Olbermann has. Thats because most of his viewers are over 54 years old, and the average factor viewer is 68 years old.

3rd quarter 2005 Factor rating: 2.5 -- Total Viewers - 2,820,000

October 2005: 2.3 -- Total Viewers - 2,600,000

November 2005: 2.2 -- Total Viewers - 2,500,000

January 2006: 2.0 -- Total Viewers - 2,325,000

February 2006: 1.9 -- Total Viewers - 2,228,000

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
So what you're telling me is that people who entertain the public by distorting the truth and encouraging ignorance in America are not trolls, but rather the anchor of the #1 Primetime Cable News program that takes the news and seperates the truth from the pervasive liberal bias?
One thing I have learned is that there are always at least two sides to the story. This is why I have no problem listening to the right or left. And I tell you after hearing both sides, I find Stewart and Colbert (aside from being more entertaining and witty) do a lot more actual "Reporting" than most of their industry peers.

Each time Bush makes an ignorant statement or just says something that makes you worry about where the country is headed... where are the "major networks"? Oh that's right, they only show the 3 seconds of his appearance when he DIDN'T say something stupid, then move on to a three-hour, indepth report on the dangers of household products ... (Could these products turn your home into a DEATHTRAP? Find out after these commercials!)

In the end we must ask ourselves, who is really peddling ignorance here? Is it the guys who only show ideal highlights of a story to paint a pretty picture, or the ones who have the balls to point out that the emperor has no clothes?

I have lived all over the world and I can tell you... no other system of media is as skewed, biased and ignorant as it is in the USA. We need more Stwearts and Colberts making fun of this system and raising awareness because right now our nation lives in a bubble. Go to just about any other country and watch the news, you will be amazed at how much you will find out about what is actually happening in the world.

Ultimately I find american television to be very sad and ironic... so many reality shows about BS and zero programs to show things relevant to our lives or the actual condition of the world at large. But the problem aint the media, its the people who so willingly swallow any load of propaganda that's ejaculated in their faces.

IMHO

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replies in bold.
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
My definition? How about when Howard Dean said that President Bush would like to send all 12 million illegal immigrants back home, and Jon Stewart let him get away with it while everyone applauded? While in fact what REALLY happened, is Bush was in the process of receiving conservative backlash for wanting to offer amnesty, and believed that it was impractical to send these illegals back. The only one busy "juggling the prez's nuts in their mouth" as you so eloquently put it, is Sean Hannity...the token conservative on a show ABOUT a conservative versus a liberal.

Well it all depends on where you're getting your info as opposed to them. It could go either way, and only those involved would know the truth. But for some reason I would have to believe Howard would know more on the subject.

Oh, I don't. I take them both as a complete joke, which is fine. They're comedy shows designed for the far-left.

While that is always an easy scapegoat to use, they both make fun of anybody who deserves to made fun of. The Democrats always get laughed at for producing lousy candidates for elections, or for taking it like biatches in the House or Senate. And seeing as the Republicans control both, anything that gets passed or vetoed is automatically going to be put on them.

That's absurd. The only controversy is between the far-left who believe that Fox has a conservative bias (as does anyone who believes terrorists need to be stopped), and the rest of America who knows the truth when they hear it. You can't tell me that there are enough liberal extremists out there that watch FOX just to yell at the television, and THAT'S why they're #1. Oh, and I'm a year older than you. Son.

I'm talking about controversy in their reporting. If somebody makes an outlandish statement, they're going to get ratings because people want to see what happens next. But like I said, they're plenty of conservative people who think it's the best channel. Add that in with liberals who yell at the screen and you have yourselves a #1 rating. As far as the truth goes, most Americans don't know it and there would be anarchy if they did. And I won't address the 'son' comment. Ya didn't get it.

Very perceptive. You should look into a career as a private detective. Wait wait, I got one...from what you have said I can tell...you believe the San Francisco Chronicle to be an unbiased newspaper! Right?

I just got that from the fact you're defending a sub-par right-wing news network with all your heart, and isn't worth the trouble you're putting into it. Keep backing all the rightist sides like you are and you're going to make George Wallace look like a moderate haha.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
The fact that I have a friend that honestly and truly believes that the New York Times is a fair and balanced newspaper genuinely makes me fear for the future of our country.
I agree with this statement. No single entity of media can be fully trusted...if you are interested in the truth you have to dig it up yourself via multiple sources.
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
The fact that I have met people here who believe that we should not have a military, and that our borders should be open to all people scares me.
Though I think open borders would be a crisis, I believe it's worth looking at the countries like Costa Rica and Switzerland, who have no military but are amongst the most affluent nations in the world. Instead of investing in arms, they pour tons of cash into education and social services. We could learn a lot from these guys.
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
The fact that my girlfriend believes that George Bush is a much greater terrorist than Osama bin Laden scares me.
While I can't make that claim, you gotta admit that the whole thing stinks to high heaven. It's no secret that Bush and his daddy are super pals with the Bin Laden family via Carlyle Group. He hindered the pursuit of Osama enough times to piss off the CIA and eventually shut down the program meant to capture him. Do you think its a coincidence that two powerful families (who are incidentially part of the world's largest military contracting firm) are at the center of a tragedy which spawned a war with no end in sight? Who do you think is getting stinking rich from the "war on terror"? It certainly is not the Left... they are too busy bleeding their hearts out and generally making assheads out of themselves to think of something this diabolical.

Also, take into consideration the fact that 911 killed 3,000 people... but how many innocents have been slaughtered in Iraq in the name of "freedom"? http://www.iraqbodycount.net/ totals the count around 40,000. If you doubt these figures, see similar ones from

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4525412.stm

or do some indepth research here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Body_Count_project

So are the Iraqis wrong for thinking of Bush as a terrorist? Is it not he who defied world policy with his pre-emptive strike? Where are those WMDs he swore were there? And why is there already talk of invading Iran? Why hasn't Fox done any indepth reports on the needless destruction and mass murder that is taking place in our name? Oh, that's right they are too busy exposing the evil agenda of the Left :rolleyes:
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Fox News and its staff to a fantastic job of exposing the liberal agenda of our media and organizations.
You are a fool if you dont think that both sides have an agenda. This two-party system is all a farce meant to divide and distract us from the issues that really matter. People like you (and yes the extreme lefties) are actually part of the problem because you get so caught up in these ideologies that you lose sight of the big picture.

Why do you think political discussions are prohibited on this forum? It's because people are self-righteous, stubborn bastards who would probably spill blood to defend their point of view. Folks take this sh!t too personal and it gets to the point where it sounds like you are defending your loved ones when you talk about political figures.

In your case, even though you probably never met anyone from Fox News, you are so willing to stick your neck out for them.. Why? Because they attack the liberals? How is that any better than the blind leftist who only watches the Daily Show because it attacks conservatives? :confused:

This is a grave problem in this country. Americans are more concerned about being right than actually knowing the whole story. What we need is to become more objective, to step outside our raging sense of self-importance and see the big picture.

If America ever pulls its head out its ass for five minutes, we would see that Left and Right are both sides of the same damn coin... and we are all being led astray by sensationalism, scandals and moral decay on both sides of the political fence.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Ronny said:
... get so caught up in these ideologies that you lose sight of the big picture.

This is a grave problem in this country. Americans are more concerned about being right than actually knowing the whole story. What we need is to become more objective, to step outside our raging sense of self-importance and see the big picture.

If America ever pulls its head out its ass for five minutes, we would see that Left and Right are both sides of the same damn coin... and we are all being led astray by sensationalism, scandals and moral decay on both sides of the political fence.
The above is beautiful.

That sais, say goodbye to this thread.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
How many nationally syndicated anchors/columnists can you name that are of the far-right? Far-left? Exactly.
Well, for starters, there's:
http://www.clearchannel.com/Television/Stations.aspx

As you can see, the conservatives have a considerable resource. We are talking about a media company that owns one in ten of all radio stations, countless TV programs and yes, even rock stars are on payroll. Coldplay, the Dave Matthews Band, Eminem, 50 Cent, Tina Turner, and Pearl Jam to name a few.. their contracts strictly forbid them from making anti-war comments.

Yes indeedy, Clear Channel is an avid supporter of political censorship. There have been several instances of this but most memorable was in October 2001, when Oakland's KMEL radio broadcast an interview with Congresswoman Barbara Lee, the only member of US Congress to vote against going to war in Afghanistan. Interviewer Davey D was promptly fired from the station which had recently been acquired by the media giant Clear Channel.

Interestingly enough, they haven't been opposed to all forms of political organizing. In 2003 the company paid for pro-war rallies around the country. They are also counted among the biggest campaign contributors to Bush and Co. Do these people sound impartial to you? Do you still think it's the Left holding the big guns?

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
There is something about liberalism in general that breeds ignorance and unbridled anarchy.
I agree 50%. The left often takes things too far in the realm of personal freedoms. I disagree with a lot of their stances on affirmative action, criminal rights and a host of other issues. I can see what you mean with your comment on anarchy. If we take any mentality to the extreme it ends in chaos.

Ignorance however, is a tool used by both parties to get what they want... and if the left breeds anarchy, the right runs the other way and pushes for totalitarian control.

For example, our current administration sees no problem in using the world's volatile situation (which they helped create) to change our Constitution and take away some of our basic rights with the so-called Patriot Act and it's very 1984 sequel. I don't understand this.. aren't they supposed to be conservatives? Isn't it their job to uphold the values and tenets of our country's free heritage?

In this respect, the Right topples the Left in their expertise of social conditioning. They have successfully convinced most of the population that it's better to be "secure" than "free".

Excuse Me?

I thought we were the home of the free and the brave. Why are they taking away the very things that make me proud to be American? Why are there not more people in the streets fighting for their rights? My guess is they are too busy watching Fox News and friends to give a damn ;)

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Time and time again, it is the liberal extremists who are at fault for the nation's problems.
*shakes head*

Spoken like a true extremist.

You don't see that the above statement ties exactly into the kind of control I'm talking about. The Right has you convinced that the Left is responsible for the country's problems. While that is half true....it is also pretty damned ballsy of them, considering that they helped stir up a great deal of the sh!t storm we are currently enjoying.

For example:

Are we really supposed to believe that the best way to end terrorism is to piss off the Arab world even more by invading their lands and killing thousands of innocent civilians? Wasn't it the Right who funded and created monsters like Osama and Saddam for years to begin with, only to use them as strawmen to raise billions of dollars in military spending?

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
liberals retain the right to dream up bizaare reasons why the President should be impeached.
I don't think Bush should be impeached. I think he never should have made it to office to begin with. From the start he stands so much to gain from war, that it seriously compromises his ability to function as a leader who acts in the interests of the American people, instead of the interest of his enterprise.

Right now we are the No. 1 military power in the world, and our military spending continues to surge upwards. Our fiscal 2005 defense budget hit a historical high of 422 billion US dollars, an increase of 21 billion dollars over fiscal 2004. As the biggest arms dealer in the world, the United States has made a fortune out of war. Its transactions of conventional weapons account for 56.7 percent of the total sales worldwide.

Of course the Right argues that the military provides semi-decent jobs, but let’s look at what $1 billion can do when spent on the military compared to more socially beneficial purposes. $1 billion to the military created 25,000 jobs. If that same figure were spent on social programs it could create 30,000 jobs in mass transit, 36,000 jobs in housing, 41,000 jobs in education or 47,000 jobs in health care. It seems to me that the only winners of this war are the bank accounts of the folks that finance it.

In the meantime, your blameless Righties have done very little to solve epidemics like unemployment and astronomical rates for medical insurance, both are at an all time high. Right now conservatives hold the most political power, yet they refuse to ratify the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights... as a result poverty, hunger and homelessness have haunted the world's richest country.

As the government has grown more corrupt, the quality of life in this country has rapidly deteriorated, and you can see plenty of conservatives and liberals alike enjoying the spoils. All the cash they should have put into education and healthcare has to go somewhere, why not in their own fat, overstuffed pockets?

Is this what America has become? Are we just a massive commercial enterprise bent on total control?
We defy international laws and put a military base in each corner of the globe, then play the victim when half these countries end up pissed off at us. Could it be more ironic? How would we react if there were Iraqi bases set up here?

Now I've noticed that you, like most conservatives, have failed to address my statements on war and the disturbing ties that our gov't has to some of the world's biggest terrorists. That's okay... I am used to you guys saying "Carlyle what? It's got to be the democrats fault!"

All I ask is that you put down your own bias for just one moment. and seriously consider what we are doing as a nation on the world stage.

Think of the women and children killed in our name every day. Kids with no arms. Young, beautiful women with their brains blown out. And not just that, think of OUR casualties, some of the nation's strongest and brightest are sacrificed.. all to disarm a weapon that does not exist ... what a tragic waste! Now Iraq has turned into a "liberation project". That is some marketing bullsh!t right there if I ever seen it..

If the Iraqi people really wanted our help, there would be more of them fighting on our side and this war would be over by now. But I suppose we aren't exactly the best allies after killing so many of their loved ones.... in their shoes you would scream jihad too.

Of course, these are all questions and issues you won't hear raised on Fox, MSNBC, CNN or any other program, thanks to companies like Clear Channel. Until you actually live outside the the US for a good amount of time, you don't even see the bubble America lives in... but it's there and its very real. My friends from Europe often visit and they always comment on how brainwashed this country is. I used to argue with them, but after traveling the world and seeing different perspectives, I am saddened to admit that they are right.

Like I said before, any mentality taken to extremes will result in chaos. You can spot the extremist on either side very easily... usually the strongest muscle in his whole body is in the finger he uses to point at the Other Side. What this nation really needs are less finger-pointers and more problem-solvers. We also need fair and impartial leaders who are not financially linked to the oil or weapons trade. Just like we once established a separation of church and state we must also separate the interests of government and business..

Anything less America becomes a total farce... with liberty, and justice for the privileged.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deus ex Pianoforte
Time and time again, it is the liberal extremists who are at fault for the nation's problems.

Originally Posted by Don Ronny
Now I've noticed that you, like most conservatives, have failed to address my statements on war and the disturbing ties that our gov't has to some of the world's biggest terrorists. That's okay... I am used to you guys saying "Carlyle what? It's got to be the democrats fault!"
Jesus-thefvckbastard-Christ. Righty got schooled and this time by someone other than myself :up: