Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Cure to Eczema.

jat187

Reaction score
I am 24 years old and I have had eczema my entire life that includes rashes, dry skin, and even skin infections. The only thing that worked well against this was hydro-cortisone 1% with a 25% mixture of H20. I thought I had found something that I could use for the rest of my life in some routine fashion but I didnt realise there would be side effects like skin discoloration, skin thinning, and even skin tolerance to the cream meaning I would have to use stronger steroids. I realized that I didn't want to deal with that when I got older so I tried weaning myself off the cream over a year substituting it with Aveeno Skin Lotion. I actually believed that oatmeal was the solution what a fool i was.

It was a horrible experience. I would wake up in the mornings with my face completely dry and red with parts of the skin looking like it was cut open. Behind my ears It would start weeping and oozing some sort of liquid, I actually had to put tissues behind my ears when i slept. You can imagine what all this did to my self-esteem, so to stop all this I would have to start using the cortisone again! It was a vicious cycle until one day a friend of my mothers, who at the time was dealing with her own skin problems suggested Aloe Vera and Vegetable Glycerin.

I was like that's not gonna work I have never had any doctor or any dermatologist ever recommmend me these products. The only place I had ever heard of this was on Seinfeld from that dermatologist episode, but I didnt care I was willing to try anything and the fact that both products were natural was a big plus. After only 2 weeks I could see huge improvements, the rashes were going away, the skin was coming back to its orginial complexion and the biggest thing I STOPPED ITCHING!

Now this is what you do, get some pure aloe vera and 100% vegetable glycerin from your local health store or online. I use JASON Aloe Vera 98%, (it's really hard to find pure 100% aloe vera), and I use Heritage vegetable Glycerin. Then after you take a shower or a bath squirt a bit of aloe vera and glycerin in your hands and mix them together and start applying it all over your body, use as much as you like. I keep the lotion on all day and clean it off at night some people take it off after only 30 minutes. It's up to you.

I haven't used the cortisone cream in 6 months, my rashes are completely gone, I still have some discoloration left but that'll go away in due time so i still keep using the glycerin and aloe. I still get dry skin but that's because I can't give up hot showers I just enjoy them too much :D .

In my opinion using natural products for the rest of my life is no big deal compared to the other options out there so I hope anyone here whos going through this gives it try.

panormous

Reaction score
I get excema (sp) outbreaks occasionally but cortisone cream always controls them. If it comes up, I apply daily till it goes away. Once the rash is gone, its usually gone for good. I guess I am not as bad as you are, but in my formative years I had a nasty one on my eyelid, looked really weird sometimes.

Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
This condition has permanently covered my fingers since I was 16. I've always had it bad too, it used to cover my forearms and calves... after a couple of years it faded and I was going good for a while. Now over the last few months it's enveloped my groin, abs and chest.

Nothing.... Nothing at all has ever been able to ease it....

So I'll try that cheers.

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jat187 ...I think you are full of sh1t. Knowing a lot on the subject, and knowing the reasons why eczema occurs in a body, I don't see how some non-medical creams can make any difference at all.
Cortisoids are so 90's. The work for a little bit,but you have to keep applying them and then you have increase dosage. The latest meds to control eczema are Protopic or Elidel. Same thing really only uses different base. The good news, it really makes eczema disappear for longer periods of time,the bad: some people develop cancer.
There is nothing else out there.

PrettyBoyA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have any good strategies for controlling eczema when doing activities that make you sweat a lot?

Most online articles tell you simply not to do sport that makes you sweat a lot but I disagree. Eczema is not going to stop me from going hard in the gym.

What I do whenever I play sport is bring a tub filled with cold water, and a towel. And when I start to sweat a lot I'll use the towel, dip it in the cool water, and cold compress my face/skin to relieve the scratching.

Then I'll hop in the shower immediately afterwards to get rid of the irritation of sweat

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://ezinearticles.com/?Apple-Cider-Vinegar---An-Effective-Eczema-Home-Remedy&id=671735

Has anyone here gone the apple cider vinegar route? People swear by it. My excema is very infrequent, so I only use ACV for heartburn, but supposedly it works wonders for many types of skin conditions, and has other benefits as well. The only drawback is it can soften your teeth. I would like to hear firsthand from anyone here who has actually done this.