"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

The crap between your ears.

Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto canada
Wherever you are, if you catch stray thoughts going on in your mind. Useless thoughts that get you nowhere, that are impractical, force yourself to shut them down.

When you start imagining enless scenarios, shut them all off. They are limitless and offer you nothing. So why do you imagine them? Use some willpower. and shut yourself the **** up. There are no fancy techniques here. Only willopwer and self respect.

This mental baggage seriously holds you back from everything. It may make you feel good, but gets you no results in anything in real life.

If you are serious about shutting off the mental clutter in your life so you can get results more easily in all you do, Dan Scorpio offers some info, for free.

http://www.angelfire.com/nd/kinfo/set.html

epitome.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
I favourited that page and I'll read it when I sober up.

I use a lot of NLP and similar visualising stuff to program my subconscious mind so my internal dialogue thinking bits do what I want them to rather than the other way around.

I find it useful.
 

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
I disagree with this heavily. I mean, if you sit and daydream all day, okay, you need to change your "diet of the mind." But to shut off all useless clatter... I'm a human being not a f_cking machine trying to maximize productivity.
 

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
261
Reaction score
1
Location
nyyy bklyn manhan
Originally posted by MVPlaya
I disagree with this heavily. I mean, if you sit and daydream all day, okay, you need to change your "diet of the mind." But to shut off all useless clatter... I'm a human being not a f_cking machine trying to maximize productivity.
agreed
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
werd
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto canada
Originally posted by MVPlaya
I disagree with this heavily. I mean, if you sit and daydream all day, okay, you need to change your "diet of the mind." But to shut off all useless clatter... I'm a human being not a f_cking machine trying to maximize productivity.
Never said you were. Shutting down all useless thought is working well for me. Whatever works for you, man.

epitome.
 

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2003
Messages
1,020
Reaction score
12
Location
Canada
You sure its a good idea? Sure it might make you a bit more focused on some things, but there are dozens of books that actually teach people how to unlock all that imagery because well, its the most creative part of our minds. ANd creativity is why humans are still "smarter" than computers, even if they can compute things a million times faster.
 

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Read "The Power of Now"
nuff said
 
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto canada
Originally posted by SmoothTalker
You sure its a good idea?
yes.


You write about the usefulness of somet things in your head. Well..... in my post, I write about useless mental clutter. I'm pretty sure this was written clearly. I only wrote about shutting down "mental clutter " and "mental baggage". Not practical thoughts.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

One on One

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
3
Location
Omnipresent
Originally posted by Julius_Caesar
Read "The Power of Now"
nuff said
Read this book! It is essential to living happy and freely. I cannot say enough good things about it. I also have just started Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden and it looks very good.
 

Oleo

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2003
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I don't think the intent of the article is to preach roboticism at all. Its presentation is somewhat cold but the underlying ideology is not "creativity is useless." In fact it actually speaks of the usefulness and importance of "quadrant four" (future/speculative).

The message is essentially that one should not devote attention to meaningless, and negative speculations that serve no purpose, and that one shouldn't needlessly torture himself by dwelling upon them. In my opinion the article is extremely concurrent with not only the ideals of this site, but many Buddhist ideals as well.

-Oleo
 

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2003
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I am glad to see that some people have read "The Power of Now". That book is really changing me for the better, but it will also make you a better Don Juan.
 

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
734
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Miami
:) :p :D :cool:

I am also glad some people here have read The Power of Now by Eckhard Tolle.

This book has changed my life. I have all 3 of Eckhart's books.

I suggest people here read The Power of Now and The Sedona Method.

These 2 books are essential to quiet the mind.
 

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
:) :p :D :cool:

I am also glad some people here have read The Power of Now by Eckhard Tolle.

This book has changed my life. I have all 3 of Eckhart's books.

I suggest people here read The Power of Now and The Sedona Method.

These 2 books are essential to quiet the mind.
Anyone recommend the cd/cassett version of The Power Of Now? Or should I go with the book? I wont be motivated often enough to read it :eek:

EDIT: I just read a review from Amazon.com on the book. Heres his conclusion (2/5 stars):

"Overall, this book did not live up to it's hype. I found it to be long and rambling; the author took the title of the book and expanded it into 191 pages full of the same idea phrased with different words. He attempts to tackle some other subjects too, of course, such as relationships. However, he basically uses the same "power of NOW" approach to these as well; meaning that he suggested a relationship would evolve into true love when both partners had eliminated their respective egos and become completely immersed in the now. That's the solution for EVERY problem, it seems. So he's just using the same message for different problems, which seems to be more of a "pie in the sky" promise to me. "
Im having 2nd thoughts now :mad:
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
734
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Miami
There will always be "haters" or people that just don't get it.

That reviewer is obviously only thinking with the surface of his mind.

The book DOES NOT claim that the solution for every problem is the Power of Now.... though accepting the Now the way it is the key to any kind of positive change. Accepting means not resisting the Now. Not resisting, fully accepting and surrendering to the Now. One cannot change the past, so why not accept the past as the way it is.... no way to change it, and just focus on the present moment, NOW, and fully accept the Now as the way it is.

It goes WAY deeper than this, you'd just have to read it to fully grasp what it is Eckhart is trying to say.

Why focus on 1, out of hundreds of 5 star ratings of the book? The average rating of the book is about 4.5 out of 5... why pick one person who just does not get it to be the review that determines whether you choose to read a book with so much truth in it?

Don't take my word for it, though, just do what you want. This is just my opinion.
 

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
Why focus on 1, out of hundreds of 5 star ratings of the book? The average rating of the book is about 4.5 out of 5... why pick one person who just does not get it to be the review that determines whether you choose to read a book with so much truth in it?

Don't take my word for it, though, just do what you want. This is just my opinion.
I guess I focused on that one, because it was the top review ("The most people found it the most helpful") plus the next one under it was also a 2/5 rating.

I found the cassett and cd set on ebay for a good price. Would you recommend the cassett/cd or would the book be better for some reason?
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
I agree with this, sometimes I waste lots of time daydreaming - that's sh-t girls do all the time. If you happen to daydream - try to cut it off quick by doing a physical task like working out or cleaning up your room. It's good to daydream still.
 
Top