The Cold Approach - Is it really this simple?

Max Jones

Reaction score
I've been # closing girls after extremely little conversation. Sometimes just a little as,

Hi, what's your name?
Hi, I'm Max.
What's your number?

I'm running a 100% success rate on setting up the first date over the phone provided I can actually get a hold of them in person and not their voice mail.

Is this typical?

baffledking

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good eye for girls who are attracted to you. Confidence is key of course. I'm sure it's not this easy for everyone. One thing I've tried to get good laughs and rapport is this introduction:

Me: Hi, I'm 555-2378, what's your number?

Dynamic

Reaction score
Yes, it's that simple.

Women follow whatever a confident man wants, and you have obviously gotten your approach down. Hint: It has nothing to do with "what you say." Make sure you spend some time teasing her and making her qualify herself to you before you walk away with the number and you'll get a lot less voicemails.

Ll Principe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not exactly.

How old are you?

Some girls it works with- Some girls you have to try other approaches?

Each girl is different, you are probably hitting it lucky at the moment- If you continue this approach mark my words you will come unstuck, try a few other things... After a while with experience you will be able to pick up on WHICH GIRLS it WILL WORK with and which girls IT WONT work with:p

Max Jones

Reaction score
Typically I won't approach unless I've already gotten eye contact, which I think makes a difference. Before I was making myself nervous trying to come up with conversation, so I started asking for the number early on, and that's been working for me.

I still need work once I actually get on the date though.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes its possible, only thing is your flake rate is going to be huge. You might not get any of them to actually meet up. But atleast your getting them on the phone so that's not too bad.

It's nice to see that guys are actually going for the # close, there are many people who have missed chances because they thought a girl wouldn't give her #. But what they fail to realize is that a girl will give her # to almost anybody but it doesn't mean she'll pick up the phone or meetup.

Nice work nontheless

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the only approach I use and it's gold for me. Just make some eye contact before, or any kind of subtle communication before you do it and you're IN! Some girls flake but who the hell cares when you've got 8 other numbers to call and hang out with. :rockon:

DonJoseCantosie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
White Pimp hit the mark either get eye contact from her before going in or try to feel the vibe she has...if both are positive...best way to cut down rejection rate.

in terms of vibe, concentrate on feeling the energy she outcasts....if it seems positive...then best to go for it.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHONE TO FLAKE RATIO-if you ask 25 random women for phone numbers......4-5 will give you fake numbers just to get rid of you.

5-7 will give you numbers that they rarely answer, 10 could be legit but catching them live is going to be hit or miss. 2-3 will be sincere and tangible.

SO HOW DO U AVOID FLakes------phoney numbers.....repeat the last 4 digits out or sequencial order, if she corrects you its legit.

THE VOICEMAIL---leave a cool message making sure to include something from how she knows you for familiarity.

Block your # hit * 69 when u call the first time, then u can recall a day or two later with your number unblocked. So on record she has you calling only once.

SAY THESE WORDS-is this the best number to get a hold of you at, whats the best time to call. Include their email so you can write em.

PERSONAL NOTE: if a chic gives up her # in the first 15-20 seconds........she is either despret for attention or a total HOE. And she will even think U do this all the time and not feel special..........build more rapport before u get that number. Its not the amount of #'s you burn through, its how many pan out for close dates.

Joseph Mattews (aka thundercat, author of the book art of approaching) Makes THE DATE FIRST.......then asks for her number after the date.

M

Reaction score
I think it's typical.

I tried it last year and remember having either very short convos, or just asking for the number right away and getting it - although I was too lazy to follow up on it afterwards - guess I just liked doing the approaches. When you get too lazy to follow up on leads, then you start slacking off on closes, and you just dont bother closing anymore. I just couldn't be bothered to follow up with my phone leads, often wondering how long I could wait before she thinks I'm really not interested and just got her number as an ego-trip.

But, you are like me. You feel too ackward with this convo BS or trying to gain rapport or any of that crap and just cut to the chase one time, and then start the convo once you got that out of the way - or it feels like you are trying to sell yourself to her in exchange of getting her number. By getting her number, you can be yourself and dont feel like you have to do some magical BS to charm her to get her stupid number and that's the best approach. She'll correct the number afterwards anyway if it's an initial wrong one.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean by "make eye contact?" You mean they smile after you look at them ore they hold eye contact for a while?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Im interested in an answer to this as well.. I've noticed i either get the direct, where they lock eyes and smile...kinda indirect where they lock eyes but only momentarily, and then there are the chicks that walk with their heads down...what do you make of these?

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
PHONE TO FLAKE RATIO-if you ask 25 random women for phone numbers......4-5 will give you fake numbers just to get rid of you.

5-7 will give you numbers that they rarely answer, 10 could be legit but catching them live is going to be hit or miss. 2-3 will be sincere and tangible.

SO HOW DO U AVOID FLakes------phoney numbers.....repeat the last 4 digits out or sequencial order, if she corrects you its legit.

THE VOICEMAIL---leave a cool message making sure to include something from how she knows you for familiarity.

Block your # hit * 69 when u call the first time, then u can recall a day or two later with your number unblocked. So on record she has you calling only once.

SAY THESE WORDS-is this the best number to get a hold of you at, whats the best time to call. Include their email so you can write em.

PERSONAL NOTE: if a chic gives up her # in the first 15-20 seconds........she is either despret for attention or a total HOE. And she will even think U do this all the time and not feel special..........build more rapport before u get that number. Its not the amount of #'s you burn through, its how many pan out for close dates.

Joseph Mattews (aka thundercat, author of the book art of approaching) Makes THE DATE FIRST.......then asks for her number after the date.

M

So when you leave the voice mail, do you leave your number since you *69? Or do you just leave one saying hi blah blah blah and call up the next day..?

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, that simple. But #'s don't mean squat, women give those for ego boost. If she picks up or returns your call, then it's a success. You can't have 100% success on these, if you do, you counting the right way. Meaning who cares about those who don't pick up or return calls. I have 100% success rate too. :D

I try to look for approach invitations, at least eye contact, etc. But it's not always possible. Sometimes you'd have a nice girl sitting on a bus station and just doing her thing. I'd be the same way if I was her and on a bus station, because if you look at traffic for a long time you get disoriented. So I approach those anyways. I'm on a bike, and hitting strippers catching a ride home.

I see it this way, she needs an ego boost by me asking her number. I want her to work for it. If she's good, she gets me asking her number. If she's really good, she'll take my advice and keep herself available until I call.

I hate to deny a girl a chance. Roll by her, without talking to her, you know.