Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

The Break-Point of Greatness and Charisma

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
I was just about to hit the sack when something hit me...I've been limiting my potential for greatness by trying to not to steal the thunder from my friends, or I will altogether fear their judgment. I am afraid to be vulnerable, but my lack of vulnerability comes at the expense of untold greatness.

What I mean is this... when I'm out with people, sometimes I think of something incredibly funny. Sometimes I have wonderful, provacative insight to share with the group. But I fear that someone in the group will get jealous or think I'm trying too hard or that I'm being an attention-wh0re or will think that what I said is pointless altogether.

So I hold back whatever it is I could have said. I bite my tongue and laugh to myself at what I am thinking, because I don't want to outshine the rest of the people around me and I fear what they'll think of me if I'm NOT funny or insightful.

In essence, I've limited my own greatness. I'm like a supersonic jet that's never activated it's afterburners.

This is probably one of the DUMBEST things I've been doing on a continual basis.

Put yourself out there. Put yourself on the line. It's the only way you will EVER be respected as an individual. Don't worry about how other people will judge you. Let them be jealous. They may be jealous, but they will definitely respect you. If they think that what you said is pointless, well... it ISN'T pointless if you decided to say it in the first place. It must have had meaning to you. Doing and saying what you want regardless of consequence is a key ingredient of charisma and more importantly, freedom.

It's time to shine, guys.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
WI
Interesting point Duke. Fear can be our worst enemy and our best teacher all at the same time. Once one TRULY realizes that fear is simply a product of our own mind and nothing else, then they are no longer trapped by it.

Learn from it...instead of being limited by it!
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
Yes...it comes down to the fact that DJ's aren't affraid of anything
 

big_jeffry

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
ya, u r right chrisrock, dj's just laugh off rejection and are not afraid.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top