"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

The Boot Camp Journal

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
I would wish for nothing more than the ability to improve myself, and am willing to do whatever it may take. I've never had a problem with befriending girls, because I am the epitomy of the AFC. I'm sweet, sensitive, and an all-over "Nice Guy". In order to change my AFC tendancies, I am committing myself fully to completing this Boot Camp. I will post entries in this thread in order to "not forget" my progress, and also to help motivate myself.

This week is my Spring Break. However, I'm going in to work for it - I need the cash more than I need to spend it. For this reason, I will begin today instead of waiting until the weekend.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
Congratulations on your first step. Just because you are sweet and sensitive and all that doesent mean you have to change that. Just dont let girls walk all over you and you can still be sweet and sensitive and all that other gay shiat.(joking)
 

SteR

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
749
Reaction score
253
hey man I'm in the same situation (starting the boot camp that is) so I'll post my results in this thread too and we can compare results :). I'm actually meant to start my 2nd week now but I haven't been taking it seriously so I'll restart and concentrate fully on it! good luck man! roll on the first week!
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Okay, I just got back from work. It's retail, in the mall, but I'm usually in the back area putting sensors onto the clothing so the shoplifters have a little more difficulty stealing them... not like it stops anyone. I'm not sure if maintaining eye contact counts when you're at work, but I tried it anyways. I found that, while I didn't have much problem looking at guys, when I did the same thing with the girls there I was more apt to look away. Most of the girls are rather attractive, around 7 to 9's. (A&F).

One of them I flirted a bit with, telling her that I missed her out on my birthday - a few of us went to Lafayette and had some fun (speaking of, a few pictures are up if you want to see them from my bday night - http://www.jbspencer.com/pix/ ) She asked me what I wanted for it... I grinned a little and said "Oh, I don't think you could give me what I wanted"... she laughed and motioned towards the back area and winked, then slapped my ass on her way into the front of the store. Of course, I slapped back before she got away.

I'm about to go on a first date with a girl that I met a few days ago - my first one since I've read this site. I've been pretty sarcastic and funny with her - actually, one of the things she said when we were talking on the phone was "You're different, you never let me win any arguments." Her next favorite thing to say, it seems, is "You ass!". I'm not taking her out to a movie and dinner, though a few weeks ago that's just what I'd be doing. Thank god for sosuave.com - now we're going to find something spontaneous and do it, an action date. I'll post more when I get back, let me know what you all think about my birthday pix. :p
 

Lingham

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Toronto
Dude you looked pretty slogged in those pics. But the girl is hot. Yeah this website has helped me a lot too. I'm unbelievably quiet and shy and ****, but since visiting here I've had lunch with 3 girls on friday and this one Russian girl has been all over me. I've learned that desiring to "get serious" with girls is the biggest killjoy mistake you can make. ALways keep it light and fun.

Good luck!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Alright, it's the next morning. I went to pick up Holly and as our first date we went to some Park to throw bread at the ducks. If it hadn't of rained a few hours before, put-put golf probably would have been a better idea. About halfway into our daiquiri's, it was actually pretty fun. We sat down and bull****ted for about an hour (I've come to the conclusion that if a girl is attracted to you, she'll laugh at things that really aren't even that funny... I was a smartass the whole time), then I started in on the kino - she responded, and we made out for about half an hour. I decided that I wasn't going to try to feel her up - I could sort of tell that wasn't going to work on the first time we'd gone out. She was pretty frisky, though, and it's gotten my hopes up for the time after next. She wanted me to call her when I went in to work ("I'm going to the mall tomorrow, why don't you call me and I'll come see you..") but I don't intend on calling back until tomorrow or Thursday.

On a Boot Camp note, I woke up at 4am throwing up. I feel fine now, but I think it's because I've only been eating crackers and drinking water since I've woken up. It looks like I'm going to have to delay officially starting until I feel better in a day or two (with any luck).
 
Top