Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Book Of Poon King - Do You Want To Read It? (Poll)

Would You Want To See A "Book Of Poon King"?

• Total voters

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to take a quick poll here, to see if the readers of this Board would want to read a "Book Of Poon King", which is inspired by "The Book Of Pook"? I would write and compose the Book, then work with The Moderating Team to get it added to the DJ Bible.

I think the Book Of Poon King would be the 2016 - 2020 version of what Pook did back in 2003 - 2006, which represented completely different dating markets in my opinion. Back when Pook was writing, there was no social media, online dating, and texting, all three of which have transformed the dating marketplace.

I wanted to add the Book Of Poon King as a way to provide readers an updated version of material, representing the voices of many men of this "era" of dating, as I believe Pook's content represented an "era" that is long gone in many ways.

I'm pretty busy so it would take me a couple of months to complete it, I would likely start working on it in December and seek to have it done by either the end of March 2018, or by the end of April 2018.

But please vote your opinion on if you would want something like this, as I didn't want to take the time to do it if nobody was going to read the content.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course. I'd rather reject an idea after I've read it than before.

U

user43770

I guess it's the next best thing to a "Book of burroughs".

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook was a pioneer and forward-thinker. He blazed new territory back then and opened up new ways of thinking and codified many things for the first time. He drew upon classical literature for a reason, for those who understand.

PK's writings are good, but much more raw and much more in the vein of reiterating that which has already been discovered.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
poon king was too extreme and raw but he did make alot of valid points

i have used elements of poon kings philosophy in my field work and would like to read more

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree with @Desdinova .

His extreme views on all things relationships doesn't really follow the mantra of SS, and I really don't think it is related at all to the book of pook.

Book of pook is more about be the best man and women will come, you will naturally get the best woman for you.

Poon King is more of a red pill advocate, advising strongly against any sort of commitment to a woman.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say those who were most receptive to Poon's message were men who traveled some of those same roads he traveled himself. It requires thick skin to be receptive to his message which is why most got turned off. Too many Jerry Seinfelds in the world, not enough John Wayne and Clint Eastwoods.

In life its good to not get caught up in how the message is packaged, nor how rough the landscape. Because when you do, you miss out on opportunities to grow. There are billions of dollars of precious minerals extracted from some of the roughest places on earth.

Much like those who feel the need to "block" somebody because they lack the discipline to not take the offenders message so personally.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Struck me as a passive victim of the landscape. He articulated his thoughts well and spoke truths, but wasn't really a solutions guy. His material lacked the finesse and pragmatism of the likes of Pook and Rollo. I would find his book depressive for the most part, so no; it promotes the wrong message for me. It's more suited to MGTOW and incel audiences.

Reactions: Von

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One's reality is subject to perception. Women can be evil. Woman can be great. You choose.

What thinking serves your overall happiness better?

Not to be confused with not mitigating your risk, but rather how you perceive the outside becomes a reflection of you and attracts people of like thinking. Hence, the MGTOW man looking for a "quality" girl is an oxymoron.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say those who were most receptive to Poon's message were men who traveled some of those same roads he traveled himself. It requires thick skin to be receptive to his message which is why most got turned off. Too many Jerry Seinfelds in the world, not enough John Wayne and Clint Eastwoods.

In life its good to not get caught up in how the message is packaged, nor how rough the landscape. Because when you do, you miss out on opportunities to grow. There are billions of dollars of precious minerals extracted from some of the roughest places on earth.

Much like those who feel the need to "block" somebody because they lack the discipline to not take the offenders message so personally.
Agreed but you know in life... and every guys will say it here about how communicate with women : "It's not what you saying that matters but how you say it"

Now working in sales and advicing.. I see it every day.. it's why the smartest guys in the business are barely surviving and some who knows nothing or barely anything are making all the money.

Why they making all the money, or you could say succeeding, or getting the women and lay.. while they know nothing of the book: "They know how to communicate, the spread their message and they are relentless in it"

I believe à Poon King book would be a good idea for Tenacity as a therapeutic expérience too.

Poon King book would be great for the extrême people who are all: i'll bang you no matter what and you better not think i'll give you anything in return other than a D évaluation.

Raw material seek extrême frame of thought.

Now: how much time it will take? How much source material will be used ? How the publishing will happen?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to take a quick poll here, to see if the readers of this Board would want to read a "Book Of Poon King", which is inspired by "The Book Of Pook"? I would write and compose the Book, then work with The Moderating Team to get it added to the DJ Bible.

But please vote your opinion on if you would want something like this, as I didn't want to take the time to do it if nobody was going to read the content.
What if we say we will read it, you create it, and then we don't read it?

You are outcome dependent. Do it for yourself bro, don't care about us.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I would agree with @Desdinova .

His extreme views on all things relationships doesn't really follow the mantra of SS, and I really don't think it is related at all to the book of pook.

Book of pook is more about be the best man and women will come, you will naturally get the best woman for you.

Poon King is more of a red pill advocate, advising strongly against any sort of commitment to a woman.
Pook was a pioneer and forward-thinker. He blazed new territory back then and opened up new ways of thinking and codified many things for the first time. He drew upon classical literature for a reason, for those who understand.

PK's writings are good, but much more raw and much more in the vein of reiterating that which has already been discovered.
Guys thanks for the input. So note for this Book Of Poon King (should it happen), I am going to personally leave my opinions and commentary out of it. It will be very similar in "structure" to the Book Of Pook compiled by Gubby (https://bookofpook.neocities.org/TheBookofPook.pdf).

In terms of my own personal analysis between the two (Pook and Poon King) who if you look at the influence they had while they were active, I think you have to conclude they were the two most popular members in the HISTORY of Sosuave......the difference between them is Night and Day as they represented different sides of The Manosphere.

There's 3 sides to The Manosphere:

- Speed Seduction Side: Basic premise is to modify your thoughts, actions, behaviors, words, beliefs, clothes, etc., in a way that an individual woman or a group of women might "prefer", along with the use of other various tactics that will get you close to sleeping with the woman.

- Don Juan Side: Basic premise is to find out who you are as a person, including what your talents, passions, visions, and dreams are, then to chase them with all that you have. Also, you want to focus on improving yourself in all areas, such as your looks, personality, finances, social circle, etc., and the belief is that by becoming an "attractive man", it will make it much more simpler for you to not just acquire women to sleep with, but women to be in an LTR with.

- MGTOW Side: Basic premise is that there are character flaws and other "lack of quality" inefficiencies in the vast majority of women, that can or will or have the strong potential to deteriorate just about any relationship with a woman, especially an LTR, Marriage, and/or Child Custody relationship. Thus, the main focus is on exposing the character flaws and "lack of quality" inefficiencies with women, while simultaneously, telling men to focus on their passions in life without much "care" for sacrificing their time, energy, life, and soul to society in any form (including working for soul-svcking Employers or the Government) as it's believed that there's some form of "War" on Men either directly or indirectly.

Pook was completely on the Don Juan side and Poon King was completely on the MGTOW Side.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a thought (full disclosure - I voted no) people who are too lazy to research the information on the board enough to find Poon King's posts aren't going to benefit from them if they are put together in a book.

The idea of searching forums for information related to solving real world problems isn't rocket science.

The internet is AWASH with similar material. Taking the time to put together a Poon King book would just add to the clutter.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Struck me as a passive victim of the landscape. He articulated his thoughts well and spoke truths, but wasn't really a solutions guy. His material lacked the finesse and pragmatism of the likes of Pook and Rollo. I would find his book depressive for the most part, so no; it promotes the wrong message for me. It's more suited to MGTOW and incel audiences.
Yeah, his outlook was too negative for my taste. Not to mention he was disrespectful and insulting to those who disagreed with him. That alone would disqualify him as an adviser on social dynamics, IMO. I never saw Pook or Rollo calling posters names.