Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Book of Mantra, part 1

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are some of my thoughts on Game at the moment, leaving it behind, and where I'm at etc!!!
Some home truths:

I've been reading about, and trying to practice PU for 4 years now with widely varying levels of success.
What does Game mean?
It means we learn and utilize a set of techniques which will make it more likely for women to fall for us so that we can then take things to the next stage; wherever that may be for us individually.
What is the underlying assumption behind the need to do this?
That we are not attractive enough as it is. Somewhere deep inside we are reinforcing the belief, especially if we keep on having to learn more and more, that we are at our core basically unappealing. Are you with me on this? I think that the material can be really great as a temporary training wheel to take you past some kind of social fear of babes, but at the end of the day, women are extremely intuitive, and most know when you are running canned material on them. In any case any more switched on, intelligent woman does.

I have come to the conclusion that, yes, you must open your heart. No, that isn't AFC. That continued study and obsession with the PU arts was damaging my integrity and self-love, those attributes which women find truly attractive. I was stuck in the world of WOMAN instead of expressing my gifts in the world.

The more we obsess about becoming a PUA and getting more and more women, the more we will give off a vibe of neediness, of desperation. In Tibetan Buddhism, there is a hellish realm on the Wheel Of Life called the Realm of Hungry Ghosts. It is peopled by beings that have food and drink all around them and hands to use, but their mouths are the size of a pinhead. They can never get enough in through the tiny hole to satisfy their cravings. It is a place of endless suffering and disturbed, murky, chaotic states of mind.

A universal law is that what we give out we get back in return. How then can we expect to find that one woman, the soul-mate, the intelligent, sexual, lovely being who we want to spend our lives with if we go around with an attitude of take, take, take all the time? We become what we think about! If we want love in our lives, we have to give out love - simple as! To get more of anything we must first give, and the most powerful way to give is to give of our deepest, truest gifts. This is a little what I meant when I mentioned opening the heart chakra. I really believe that too much need for loads of Game with it's inherent lack of acceptance of yourself closes the heart energy. Especially when you start to view all babes as things to be picked up, used, and discarded. And human interaction as a bunch of mathematical formulae. It's dehumanizing.

The author Sam Keen, who wrote the men's movement book "Fire in the Belly" says that we must sever the bond to Mother, and to WOMAN, to truly become men:
"A man's journey in relationship to WOMAN involves three stage. In the beginning he is sunk deep in an unconscious relationship with a falsely mystified figure who is composed of unreal opposites: virgin-*****, nurturer-devouring mother, goddess-demon. To grow from a man-child into a man, in the second stage, he must take leave of WOMAN and wander for a long time in the wild and sweet world of men. Finally, when he has learned to love his own manhood, he may return to the everyday world to love an ordinary woman."

My conclusion now is that being great with women boils down to the following simple things:
1. Be a man. Decisive, swift, lead the way!
2. Create a compelling life.
3. Enjoy the company of stimulating, intelligent friends who are willing to challenge and help you on your path of personal evolution.
4. Have a cheeky sense of humour.
5. Have expressive, strong upright body language.
6. Talk with confidence, energy and clarity.
7. Have more important goals in your life than just getting laid.
8. Become aware of your values.
9. Become aware of your purpose in life.

If the last two sound a bit esoteric, then consider that no less than Anthony Robbins says that our values mold virtually everything we do or don't do in our lives, and that a man without a purpose is like a ship on a stormy ocean without a rudder. David Deida goes further in saying that masculine energy IS direction and PURPOSE. We have to reflect and formulate a purpose for ourselves. When we become aware of, and align with, our values and purpose we have no need for Game anymore. Our presence and integrity is then so powerful that women, and abundance, are just drawn to us.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think I'm quite there yet! No such hubris. But think about the naturals, the guys who women flock around. These are the guys who have a burning vision, who are totally confident of that vision, and to whom it is more important than picking up girls. Yes, you're life purpose, and fulfilling that purpose must be THE most important thing in your life.

So.....there you have some of my present musings.

These days:
I'm working on giving more of myself and my gifts to the world, my music, my voice, my friendship.
I'm doing the 30-day audio program Personal Power 2 by Tony Robbins (inspiring!!!! I recommend it unflinchingly)
I'm training at the gym 5 days a week.
I'm writing and recording new music.
I'm starting my own business.
I'm going on a 4 day men's Buddhist meditation retreat over easter.
I'm learning to let people into my heart and to be real instead of playing a role, and sometimes it feels a bit tender and painful in there, but hey.....

And I'm just coming to realise that, yeah, I am in fact a damn attractive person when I get real, take off the masks, jettison the pre-prepared phrases and let my own unique personality shine through.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you wrote this post a while ago, since Easter has already passed. Nevertheless, good post!

I think that the material can be really great as a temporary training wheel to take you past some kind of social fear of babes, but at the end of the day, women are extremely intuitive, and most know when you are running canned material on them.
I've been involved in "seduction" for almost five years now. When I first started out, I came across some conflicting advice on Don Diebel's site getgirls.com. Some of the stuff was really good and focussed on improving your "inner-game", but some of it really relied on props and gimmicks much similar to the way Mystery uses it.

Back then, I couldn't stand people who were phony and tried to make themselves look better than they were. Anything that involved gimmicks and props was filtered out, and I took in the information that helped me do upgrades and repairs to the natural personality I already had.

Later, I realized that there is nothing wrong with using props or talents to make yourself stand out in a crowd. With Mystery, I would call his magic a talent rather than a gimmick. He's obviously good at it. However, the people who copy a couple of tricks to impress women are using it as a gimmick.

I feel pity for people who need to put on an artificial personality to impress people (including women). These are the people who get nowhere in their lives because they have no clue who they are themselves. How can a person become successful when they don't know what they're good at, besides putting on their fake personality?

To grow from a man-child into a man, in the second stage, he must take leave of WOMAN and wander for a long time in the wild and sweet world of men. Finally, when he has learned to love his own manhood, he may return to the everyday world to love an ordinary woman."
This is an interesting quote. The problem is that many men will never learn to love their manhood because society wants them to love their womanhood! The man is desperately trying to ignore his sexual urges while trying to become "more in touch" with his emotions. Because the man keeps trying to find his feminine side, he will never embrace what he already has - MASCULINITY!

1. Be a man. Decisive, swift, lead the way!
2. Create a compelling life.
3. Enjoy the company of stimulating, intelligent friends who are willing to challenge and help you on your path of personal evolution.
4. Have a cheeky sense of humour.
5. Have expressive, strong upright body language.
6. Talk with confidence, energy and clarity.
7. Have more important goals in your life than just getting laid.
8. Become aware of your values.
9. Become aware of your purpose in life.
That's a great list! Unfortunately, number three is a rarity because most people despise change to things they're comfortable with. When you discover you have a friend like this, you may have to dispose of him and gain another who knows what you're like at the present stage in your life. Unfortunately, he may need to be disposed of in the future as well.

Women are much more receptive to change than men, especially positive change. That's why they keep re-arranging the living room, and moving where everything is located in the kitchen. It's also why they enjoy feeling many different emotions instead of being happy 100% of the time. To women, change is refreshing!

With number six, I'd like to add being enthusiastic in your speech. It shows passion, holds attention, and makes others feel as good as you!

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mind if someone wants to fantasize about mystical processes which attract women or explore their spiritual values, but...

It's just blatantly incorrect to argue that one needs to be in some way spiritually fulfilled in order to be ready to find a woman or keep a woman. Some of the most fcked up individuals attract women, possibly the women are also fcked up, but nevertheless they attract them. Alcoholic men attract alcoholic women, drug addict men have drug addict women. You could hardly describe them as being on top of their game.

Just as the theory of soulmates is inherently unlikely based on probability, so is the theory that the self actualized man is the one who gets the action. Nature is unlikely to have given a hoot about such ideas when it was designing human beings. Why therefore would it exist. Not likely.

As for Buddhism, well the Buddha was seeking detachment. He is said to have left his wife and kids to seek enlightenment. Maybe some of the men who are condemned as "dead beat" dads could just say, "Geez I'm only following the path of the Buddha." Acquiring flocks of admiring women is completely incompatible with Buddhism.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear what your saying El Choclo, but have to point out that when I said "soulmates" I didn't mean that one, opposite other half of your soul that exists somewhere out there for you. I meant it in the way Steve Piccus talks about the "friend of the soul". A woman who you let down the masks with and get real, loving and profoundly intimate.

I don't say ypu have to be spiritual to get women either. What I do say though is that if you want to attract an intelligent, spiritual woman who has her **** together, you are going to do a lot better if you are working on this side of your life too!

And i hardly think that the Buddha was in the same catagory as "dead beat dads". I know several Buddhists who are great with women. I can however appreciate that enlightenment is probably a state where sexual needs and desires fade away. Certainly out of any neurotic neediness state in any case.

Desdinova....thanks, you make some good points, but, c'mon, have a bit of belief in friendship. I have several great friends, including one who I have known since I was 9. Two of my best friends here in Sweden I've got a man's group with. And we actively encourage eachother to change and improve ourselves on a daily basis. This has just strengthened our friendships, as we are not bound to some illusion of who the others are, but to our collective potential. It all depends on where you lay your focus!!!

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump ya!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two of my best friends here in Sweden I've got a man's group with. And we actively encourage eachother to change and improve ourselves on a daily basis.
It's great that you have a group like this! Perhaps you have really good, genuine friends. Other people on here including myself have had trouble keeping friends because of self-improvement. The ones who watch you, applaud you, and grow with you are the keepers. The ones who want you to remain the same person you always were are the ones to toss away. Unfortunately, I've had to terminate some long friendships that I've had because of this. Oh well, life goes on.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post.

The list is very good. I put the list as my wallpaper, to remind myself.