Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The blatant hypocrisy of Manosphere/Pill Influencers

Reaction score
I’ve never been a huge fan of Rollo, but I’ll listen to a video on a topic that catches my ear. I listen to this video and within minutes, this guy is being a complete hypocrite. Rollo starts attacking marriage yet admitting he's in a happy, exceptional marriage. These influencers will feed you toxic doom and gloom cope fuel to get you mad and riled up to buy their books. The issue is that Rollo isn't even the rare exception in this scenario. Alpha Male Strategies(he has gone more towards self-improvement). Entrepreneur in Cars, Wheat Waffles(the rising black pill channel), Donovan Sharpe, etc. Now, if you want to go and spread Doom & Gloom MGTOW/Red Pill content then be my guest, but don't practice the exact opposite what you preach as well. Of course there's going to be the Rollo guards that say he only means marriage in this xyz context blah blah blah!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a legitimate point about Rollo. I say this as someone who generally likes him and has read "The Rational Male" and his blog. Rollo has been married over 25 years at this point. I can't even defend Rollo because he started his marriage in the 1990s. I can defend men who married before 1990 as it was a different era. I can defend the old Boomer men who married before 1980 and somehow it lasted without being complete shiit. I've heard from some of my friends' parents who stayed together at least until all their children were 18. I've gotten some reports of miserable, subpar marriages during the child raising years. These were generally Boomers who got married in the 1970s.

There are other Manosphere guys that you can criticize too. Neil Strauss, who was a border incel before he started running with Mystery, eventually denounced the pickup and seduction lifestyle. He got married and later divorced. Before his religious conversion, Roosh claimed he went to Eastern Europe to find longer term relationships with higher quality women than he would have had in the United States. He did have one longer term relationship in Poland. He was drastically impacted by his sister's early death from breast cancer, denounced pickup/seduction/fornication, and became religious. PUA Nick Krauser wrote that Caleb Jones, aka Blackdragon, is a pathetic, delusional cuck. Blackdragon has had some good ideas, but also some rather kooky ones. It's difficult to take a lot of his stuff seriously given that Krauser made a good case as to why he is a pathetic cuck.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People need to make money. The idea and concept of the manosphere isn't that difficult to understand. After a while, people need to find ways of getting readers/viewers still interested. But yeah, a lot of times people will do the "doom and gloom" shiet too much in hopes of keeping the viewers interested and engaged.

I listen and I think about what they say. After a while, I tune out.. It's basically the same shiet and if it's not, they veer off to "doom and gloom". Oh well...

Reaction score
There are other Manosphere guys that you can criticize too. Neil Strauss, who was a border incel before he started running with Mystery, eventually denounced the pickup and seduction lifestyle. He got married and later divorced. Before his religious conversion, Roosh claimed he went to Eastern Europe to find longer term relationships with higher quality women than he would have had in the United States. He did have one longer term relationship in Poland. He was drastically impacted by his sister's early death from breast cancer, denounced pickup/seduction/fornication, and became religious. PUA Nick Krauser wrote that Caleb Jones, aka Blackdragon, is a pathetic, delusional cuck. Blackdragon has had some good ideas, but also some rather kooky ones. It's difficult to take a lot of his stuff seriously given that Krauser made a good case as to why he is a pathetic cuck.
People like Roosh V and Neil Strauss were before this Nuevo red pill doomer philosophy got popular IMHO. Yes, you had posters like Sandman with MGTOW, but they were mainly behind a screen and were just rants. I remember black pill being seen as extreme and being seen as school shooter level. Now, the red pill is basically black pill lite and the black people is becoming mainstream.

People need to make money. The idea and concept of the manosphere isn't that difficult to understand. After a while, people need to find ways of getting readers/viewers still interested. But yeah, a lot of times people will do the "doom and gloom" shiet too much in hopes of keeping the viewers interested and engaged.
Making money is one thing, but being a complete hypocrite is another. This is why Rollo was single handily calling out Kevin Samuels because Kevin Samuels wasn't a hypocrite with his message. You can support marriage and discuss the disappointing behavior of modern-day women/men's rights pretty easily.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, the red pill is basically black pill lite and the black people is becoming mainstream.
Wheat Waffles is not a true black-pill but a reverse-psychology red-pill who has just re-packaged the self-improvement message in a more crafty way. Incel-TV and BPJ are more true blackpill sites.

Wheat Waffles DOES give self-improvement advice and credits self-improvement as to how he got his first gf. He encourages everyone to looksmax, gymmax, be the best version of themselves, BEFORE claiming you are black-pill because of lack of success. That's reverse psychology red-pill. A true black-pill won't say looksmax or gymmaxx first then cry blackpill if it don't work out, but will say don't bother because its over.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People like Roosh V and Neil Strauss were before this Nuevo red pill doomer philosophy got popular IMHO. Yes, you had posters like Sandman with MGTOW, but they were mainly behind a screen and were just rants. I remember black pill being seen as extreme and being seen as school shooter level. Now, the red pill is basically black pill lite and the black people is becoming mainstream.
Prior to his religious conversion, Roosh was saying that he had moved from red pill to black pill.

In the last 5-7 years or so, black pill has overtaken red pill as the primary non-blue pill perspective. Black pill is the more fatalistic version of red pill.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wheat Waffles DOES give self-improvement advice and credits self-improvement as to how he got his first gf. He encourages everyone to looksmax, gymmax, be the best version of themselves, BEFORE claiming you are black-pill because of lack of success. That's reverse psychology red-pill. A true black-pill won't say looksmax or gymmaxx first then cry blackpill if it don't work out, but will say don't bother because its over.
Man , you do not even get out of the house . You should have literally no saying on this forum , other than trying to apply what other more successful guys are doing

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo is a nerd that speaks to nerds. Look at him, he could never take any women from me. I’ve never and will never read any book these guys produce. I take some principles/elements that resonate with me and leave the rest.

I find all the pua/red pill content creators ugly, so I can’t take them seriously.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo is a nerd that speaks to nerds. Look at him, he could never take any women from me. I’ve never and will never read any book these guys produce. I take some principles/elements that resonate with me and leave the rest.

I find all the pua/red pill content creators ugly, so I can’t take them seriously.
In the 1990s, Rollo was a long haired rock n roll guy, not a nerd. If you read "The Rational Male", that book is written at a high level. It's not that simplistic.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I might post a thread on this but what I have noticed in my years in the pickup community (on and off), is that the most vocal guys are often the least successful guys. The most successful guys are the ones who go out there, grind, learn from their mistakes, take ownership, get results, and then eventually just move on to other things. However, the most vocal guys are the ones who might as well have tried to do a bunch of cold approaches but then got no results. Often times, these guys have a massive ego that deludes them into thinking they did nothing wrong and so they advertise their message to a broader audience.

Negativity sells, that is why the black pill is so popular. It is easy to tell someone that they cannot get laid because of their race and height rather than telling them the how (which is often hard work).

A good example would be what Roosh did. For one, I find it asinine that the guy is telling people to be born again Christians that should abstain from sex despite traveling the world for easy lays. It is the equivalent of a post wall woman being angry at younger women for enjoying life.

I'd say 80% of PUAs fit the mold of the deluded narcissist that tried, failed with women, could not take ownership, blamed external circumstances, advertised them, and then got a following off of it.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO Rollo seems to like the attention and ego boost. And is a hypocrite.
A few years ago there was this incident when he first started on YT, used another guys already established channel (Red Pill Men or s.th. like this) to upload his own videos, and then tried to take over this guys channel by backstabbing him. And failed.

All of these "Red Pill" guys are taking the easy way in explaining how things are and how to improve, but they don't go deep.
Videos about how to improve aspects of self-esteem by professional psychologists with step-by-step instructions are very unpopular on YT.
And that's what most men having severe problems with women need, but "make more money", "get in shape" or "say this positive sentence x times" are far more comfortable than facing fears or actually relearn the way you think. That takes years, and nobody wants to hear that it will take them 1-20 years until they are able to have stable relationships.

And Rollo as psychologist should know better.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve never been a huge fan of Rollo, but I’ll listen to a video on a topic that catches my ear. I listen to this video and within minutes, this guy is being a complete hypocrite. Rollo starts attacking marriage yet admitting he's in a happy, exceptional marriage.

If you listened to more than just ten minutes of Rollo or actually listened to his material in general, you would have known he wasn't contradicting himself at all.

Troll post.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Rollo on some stuff.

I think you just picking on him but you shouldnt use the video he says: "mariage as a whole, for the general population is a bad idea." And "yeah, I am married but it's me, and my comments are generalizations"

His book about family and marriage is worth a look

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi strikes me as someone who is a bit too theoretical and, basically, a nice guy. He’s like a university professor teaching a business entrepreneurship class. He can talk at length about what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur…yet he’s no Thomas Edison or Elon Musk. Otherwise he wouldn’t be working for a salary and teaching that class.

That’s the “guru” paradox. Those who teach others are never at the top of the game, by definition. And those who are at the top are rarely motivated to share their knowledge.

Do you see Rollo as a guy who can walk into any social scene, dominate it, and walk out with the hottest woman? Or is he more likely to be found standing on the sidelines talking to other dudes about “game”?

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi strikes me as someone who is a bit too theoretical and, basically, a nice guy. He’s like a university professor teaching a business entrepreneurship class. He can talk at length about what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur…yet he’s no Thomas Edison or Elon Musk. Otherwise he wouldn’t be working for a salary and teaching that class.
I read "The Rational Male". It is a very theoretical book. It's not an easy read. It's definitely a college level book.

Roosh's "Bang" was written at a less theoretical level and in more simplistic language. So was "Game", Roosh's last book before religious conversion.

Do you see Rollo as a guy who can walk into any social scene, dominate it, and walk out with the hottest woman? Or is he more likely to be standing on the sidelines talking to other dudes about “game”?
Sidelines. There's a reason he's been married for 26 years. He deserves some credit for keeping a marriage together for 26 years. He claims to be happily married. That's one side of the story. I would tend to believe that he wouldn't stick around a shiit marriage so I think there's a decent chance Mrs. Rollo is satisfied with the quality of the relationship. If he's been married 26 years, the relationship is likely 28-30 years old. A 30 year relationship in this era is an achievement.

A good example would be what Roosh did. For one, I find it asinine that the guy is telling people to be born again Christians that should abstain from sex despite traveling the world for easy lays. It is the equivalent of a post wall woman being angry at younger women for enjoying life.
Roosh hasn't been the same since his sister died of breast cancer. That was the event that led to the religious conversion. In the last few years prior to the conversion, he wasn't solely writing about game topics, like he did from mid-2000s to the mid-2010s. He wrote both about game and culture topics, and some of the culture topics delved into the political realm. He started to get some more attention and more backlash then. When "Bang" came out in 2007 and "Day Bang" came out in 2011, the mainstream media was ignoring him. I read "Day Bang" not too long after it came out and that's when I started shifting more of my game to non-bar approaching. I had interest in doing non-bar approaching for many years but never figured out how to do it. "Day Bang" was what got it for me, though I could have found someone else like Krauser, Torero, Tusk, etc. earlier than "Day Bang".

Rollo was critical of Roosh's religious conversion.