Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Best Ways To Get Over A Girl

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My tip:

Trick your mind into thinking of her as a girl you never pursued before.

Care to add?

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To get over a girl?

Get on top of or under another girl.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice? Don't do anything or like that Usher song says, "Let It Burn".

Before you call me an a-hole, hear me out. Society teaches us to be emotionless and we've become so used to trying to get rid of negative emotions that we don't realize that these emotions are actually good. It lets us know that we are alive. Anger, depression, heart break, etc. We've learned to supress all these emotions. My advice is to let it out. It's healthy.

The truth is that if you really liked someone, You'll probably never get over her. There are a large amount of men on this forum who have come to admit that they are here, because they were hurt by a woman in the past. In actuality, they are here, because they have not fully gotten over an ex.

Most women can tell you about an ex that they still think about years later, while most men will not tell you about that ex, even though most of us have one that we still think about. The difference? More women are in touch with their emotions then men. They take a different approach when it comes to breakup. They don't suppress it and pretend that it never happened, they come to live with the fact that their ex is not in their life anymore. Give them a month or two and they are back on their feet again. Going out to the club, having a good time with their friends and meeting a few men in the process. Letting go of old emotions by having a good time and it's amazing to me, because it comes natural to them. While men have to learn how to do this.

Basically, if you supress those emotions, you'll become angry and bitter. Take a couple days to get it out of your system or it'll come back and haunt you later on. Be alive.

truegame524

Reaction score
How to Get Over a Girl...

Hey,

I just posted this in it's own thread titled "how to really get over your ex" but it seemed relevant to this thread, too.

It's a long read, but...worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE REAL REASON YOU CAN'T GET OVER YOUR EX!

Do you want to know the real reason why you can't get over your ex?

It's because of SEX!

YEP! YOU'VE BECOME PU$$Y-WHIPPED!

I know, right about now you're probably having an "Empire Strikes Back" moment. You know what I mean! Luke was short about one hand after getting his A$$ kicked by Darth "I'm a Sith Lord B!TCH" Vader. And while he was trembling and hugging a column like a little BEEYATCH Darth Vader truly f-cks his world up by telling him..."I am your father!" What did Luke say?

"Noooooo! That's not possible!"

Well, search your feelings homies...you know this sh!t to be true!

And, quite frankly, with all the lies that have been forced down your throat since you were a boy, it was inevitable! But, it's not your fault.

Don't believe that it can be that simple? Ok. Let's take a test...

Ask yourself the following questions:

1) If my ex wanted to have sex with me, right now, would that make me feel good?

2) After sex, would I feel better about my "relationship" with her?

3) If my ex said she always wanted to hang out with me or talk to me, but told me that in no way shape, or form would sex be involved would I feel as good as I would if she told me that she really didn't want to hang out, but she definitely wanted to keep having sex indefinitely?

4) What's more painful to imagine?
a) Your ex enjoying herself on a date with another guy?
b) Your ex having mad, passionate, amazing sex with another man?

5) Did you really have a strong physical attraction to your ex?

6) Did you really have a strong sexual bond with your ex?

7) Would it bother you if your ex was in another relationship with a man, but confided to you that she didn't enjoy the sex with him so much and still wanted to have sex with you?

8) Which of the following thoughts cause you more pain:
a) The thought that you may never spend time with your ex again?
b) The thought that you may never have sex with your ex again?

9) If a genie came down and said that you and your ex could be together again, and even get married, but you could not touch her AT ALL, would you still be as determined to be with her as you are now?

If you answered the way I think you did, then you will come to realize that most of your break-up pain and the related obsessive thoughts about your ex are more linked to your physical attraction to your ex and your assessment of the quality of your sexual relationship with her.

This is largely due to the fact that during your relationship with her, this was the only pu$$y you were getting and you became overly attached and dependent upon it.

If you want to quickly get over your ex, you must understand that you have overvalued the sex.

If you think about it, you will realize that it has NOTHING to do with her!

Think about everything you truly enjoyed doing before your ex (outside of sex). Seriously, take a minute and really think about it...

I GUARANTEE THAT EVERY SINGLE THING YOU REMEMBERED, YOU EITHER DID BY YOURSELF, OR YOU DID WITH A MALE FRIEND!

If you're heterosexual (and I assume almost all of the men on this particular board are "straight", given the subject matter at hand) then, the ONLY thing you did NOT do with that male friend is have sex with him!

This is WHAT you're hurting about. You want SEX. AND YOU WANT IT WITH HER!

So, the best way to fix this is to have sex (responsibly, of course) with OTHER ATTRACTIVE WOMEN!

Without a shadow of a doubt, this will "break the spell" your ex currently holds over you.

Now, I can't stress it enough, that you ABSOLUTELY MUST find these woman attractive with whom you have sex. Also, they have to do what you find exciting sexually.

Now, as for your feelings of "heartbreak" and "rejection", well, that comes down to two things:

1) Realizing that there was nothing "magical" or "unique" about her. It was about the sex and your fear that you will never have it with her again.

2) Deciding to view relationships in a different way...(which I'll discuss next).

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START SEXING UP SOME NEW CHICKS!

broken dreams

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey when my wife left me I was crushed, my family wanted me to go beg for her to come back evethough she left to be w another man.

So forgetting about a girl is nothing, been there done that.

but you either:

1)work on yourself to get better: gym,read,go out game chicks.
2)dont rush into getting a GF too soon., you'll make the same mistake.
3) Then re wire youre brain , How? tell yourself
" THis is a chance for me to meet hotter women and have a better lifestyle"
" I love myself, I clone myself I'd fvck myself"
by saying these things to yourself everyday or when you are down, you will have confidence. You love yourself and respect yourself.

4) try to SET A GOAL :
either to get into a one night stand by doing a ton of approaches to forget ur exGF

or

go out with a girl you met the day , text her the same night and go out , chances are you are better in control of realtionship if you sleep with her fast.

You have power.

they only choose those who approach her.

thederekeffect1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
broken dreams said:
hey when my wife left me I was crushed, my family wanted me to go beg for her to come back evethough she left to be w another man.

So forgetting about a girl is nothing, been there done that.

but you either:

1)work on yourself to get better: gym,read,go out game chicks.
2)dont rush into getting a GF too soon., you'll make the same mistake.
3) Then re wire youre brain , How? tell yourself
" THis is a chance for me to meet hotter women and have a better lifestyle"
" I love myself, I clone myself I'd fvck myself"
by saying these things to yourself everyday or when you are down, you will have confidence. You love yourself and respect yourself.

4) try to SET A GOAL :
either to get into a one night stand by doing a ton of approaches to forget ur exGF

or

go out with a girl you met the day , text her the same night and go out , chances are you are better in control of realtionship if you sleep with her fast.

You have power.

they only choose those who approach her.
These are only temporary fixes.

Tekniq

Don Juan
Reaction score
It varies from person to person because of:

1) levels of maturity
2) intelligence
3) social group/interactions
4) outside circumstances ex. death in the family

you cannot just attempt to give everyone the same advice, because everyone is different, everyone is special and unique. for me personally i don't want to forget about some of these girls, because each meant something to me and will always mean something different from the girl i am seeing. interpret this as you like but remember that despite everything you know about attracting a woman and such, you should never forget about yourself and your emotional and inner needs.

broken dreams

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that in your opinion it may seem as "temporary fixes" but it is more of a STARTING POINT like trainning wheels:

I'm talking about the path to recovery

I got a better idea to add also
you listen to this everytime you think about her. make it your theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Oc3O7M6oUk

Now, if your self esteem is Down and depressed and you have bigger and DIFFERENT issues about yourself you need to have handled then you more than need help.

Dont ever let a woman 's action take that affect your manhood or your world.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thederekeffect1 said:
These are only temporary fixes.
Which should buy you some time to work on the real fix.

rain63

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just go out, make yourself better in every way possible... work harder in school/work, get in better shape, find better looking women, spend time with your buds, meet new people. Make her feel like an idiot for leaving such an awesome guy.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
To get over a girl?

Get on top of or under another girl.
Damn, you beat me to it. But yes, this is the correct answer.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have hobbys and friends. The more you keep yourself busy. Instead of sitting around thinking about it. It will be easier to get over it. And yes, finding a new girl helps alot too.

faiNt`

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
Imagine her taking a massive dump
Wow you win biggggggg time :crackup:

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
Imagine her taking a massive dump
This could work, as long as you don't fantasize about laying underneath a glass coffee table jacking off to her, while she's pooping on the surface of it.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
02hero said:
This could work, as long as you don't fantasize about laying underneath a glass coffee table jacking off to her, while she's pooping on the surface of it.
I'm a perv but I wouldn't have thought of that. Are you German by any chance?

truegame524

Reaction score
For me, what instantly broke the spell she had over me was realizing that it was more about losing the sex than anything else.