Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The best way to lose weight in 4 weeks?

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got done with my first semester at college and the freshman 15 got me too...went to college in August at 197 and weighed 214 today. My pants aren't fitting well and I've got a noticeable gut...so what's the best way to get back to form before the next semester starts the second week of January. I mean, of course I'll stick to the exercise as much as possible when I head back to school, but as far as diet I can't promise anything...it's the beer that killed me. Anyway, I'm sure some of you all went through the first semester weight gain I have, how did you approach it?

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
4 weeks is not a lot of time to lose some weight. **BEST** case scenario, you lose 8 pounds of fat and about 5 pounds of water weight.

If you want to lose the weight it's ALL DIET. And you're going to need a STRICT diet to lose any noticable amount of weight in such a short timeframe. By saying you can't promise anything with your diet, you've basically asked for help and said you're not going to follow it.

Byronic Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to have a VERY strict diet or else you might as well give up on losing any major weight in a month.

What I think you should do is start cutting now. Read Diesel's cutting thread. It might not be possible to lose a lot of weight between now and your second semester. At least on the cutting diet you could get somewhere near your original weight in maybe three months and be able to keep it around that area despite beer.

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
this dude's a friggin' newbie....not some juice fiend (or juice fiend poser) like the majority of the elitefitness posters.

do you think he's going to actually do a CKD? please... or eat PB for weeks on end ? that's just a little too extreme, don't you think?

look jimm.. just go on Atkins... you are what they designed it for.

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The diets I provided are going to bring maximum fat loss in a short period of time which is what he was looking for.

Like I said in my initial post, he asked for help and basically said he wasn't going to follow it, so hopefully some other readers will get something out of this info.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by victor von doom
this dude's a friggin' newbie....not some juice fiend (or juice fiend poser) like the majority of the elitefitness posters.

do you think he's going to actually do a CKD? please... or eat PB for weeks on end ? that's just a little too extreme, don't you think?

look jimm.. just go on Atkins... you are what they designed it for.
Yeah, try either Atkins or South Beach. As long as you follow the directions, you'll see noticable results.

Reaction score
i have a 3 D gut and it went back to a 2 D in 4 days without cardio.

you have only a noticable gut in what? sweater or t-shirt?

if in sweater, you are in the same shoe as I do.

try the followings:

do a 25-30 min, 1.5 mile walk every other day and dont eat nothing afterwards for 60 min and limit you water intake during that time.

dont eat large meal late. eat everything in the amount you would normally do, if you restrict yourselve for 2 days, then a buffet will kill your effort for a week.

make you dinner 4 hrs before your bed time. ( that is how I got ridded of my 3 D gut.)

try it out and post back.

for me , with intense cardio, no late meal, a 2 D gut was gone in 4 days. I am not saying you can get rid of your gut in 8 days total, but a month is penlety of time if your gut is turly just notiacble. ( and my 3 D gut prevents me from seeing my toe after a normal meal.)

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikeman!
The diets I provided are going to bring maximum fat loss in a short period of time which is what he was looking for.

Like I said in my initial post, he asked for help and basically said he wasn't going to follow it, so hopefully some other readers will get something out of this info.
yeah, but you forget your audience... it's much too hardcore for the random non-trainers that post on this forum.

BTW, that PB diet might work, but that is ridiculous! doing that diet would make me swear off PB for life!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flush your body with water.
by that you are suppose to drink your body weight in it.

for example i weigh 100 lbs. so i would need to drink 100 oz a day.

if you are 150 lbs you need to drink 150 oz a day.