Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

the best way to do CRUNCHES

sandinista

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. What is the best technique to do crunches?

Atm i'm doing 4 sets of 30, twice a day. 1 set in the afternoon, & 1 set in the evening.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it though. On the 1st set i can feel my abs aching.. it's almost painful. But for the next sets i don't really feel anything.

Also, i read somewhere (might be here infact) that doing crunches to the side is pointless & you should just so them straight. Is this right?

I'd appreciate your help on this. thanks in advance.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the best way to do straight crunches is to do a 5-second isometric hold at the "crunch" part of the movement.

Do it this way, then see if you can do 4 sets of 30.

This way is much more effective and better than doing 50,000 reps of crunches..

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, it isn't how many crunches you do or how long you hold them. It's all about how tightly you contract the muscle. You have to really squeeze the sh1t out of it like you are trying to juice grapes by squeezing them in your navel.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My biggest problem doing crunches was that my lower back would get sore,so I started doing them ontop of a bed with a fluffy conforter underneath...I can do so many that my stomach goes sorta numb and i can't feel any pain...