The best revenge IS to live well

rick92f

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try and make this brief.

Almost a year ago I gave up drinking due to various issues. It involved waking up in a pool of blood, enough said. Right before getting sober I was going through a break up with a HPD. I've been getting used to going out again and meeting new people without alcohol.

My ex wouldn't hear anything about me apologizing during my treatment. She was in such a hurry to replace me; it was sickening. Strange thing is she looks at my Myspace almost every day. I have a tracker to see who looks. (It's useful for gauging interest from the new women that I meet.)

I've spent a good part of the last year working on getting in shape and improving at my new job. The best thing is that I've done it all for myself.

Well a friend of mine called and asked me to meet up with him and 5 ladies that I've met before. The only problem is that it was at a local bar that my ex has been known to frequent. Now, I'm ok around some drinking. The group all drinks but they respect my not drinking. I still have fun and even sing karaoke, no booze required.

My ex wasn't there. However, 2 of her closest friends were. I was busy getting mauled by those 5 broads having the time of my life and they noticed me. I didn't pay them any mind. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of them was texting frantically. I know who it was to. :) Then the 2 of them split in a hurry.

That's the first part.

The second was my friend alerting me to a review of another bar that my ex and I used to pretty much live at.
He told me that her pic was in the review and I reluctantly looked. I had to browse through all of the pics and I reached the last one. It was a shot of the dance floor with people getting down. There was one person not dancing, instead making her way across the floor toward the bar. It was her. She was dressed in a gray sweater with dress slacks. There was a beer in her hand as usual. Here's the cherry: she looks totally wasted and about 20 lbs. heavier.

Not only did I beat alcohol, I beat her. Here's to getting into shape, excelling at work, playing around with new quiff, and sticking it to the ex. I couldn't give a flying fvck about that tramp anymore. I'm way out of her league today and I'm only getting better.

Thank you everyone.

Hey Victory Unlimited, the war goes on but this battle is won! rick92f out. :rockon:

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rick92f said:
I'll try and make this brief.

Almost a year ago I gave up drinking due to various issues. It involved waking up in a pool of blood, enough said. Right before getting sober I was going through a break up with a HPD. I've been getting used to going out again and meeting new people without alcohol.

My ex wouldn't hear anything about me apologizing during my treatment. She was in such a hurry to replace me; it was sickening. Strange thing is she looks at my Myspace almost every day. I have a tracker to see who looks. (It's useful for gauging interest from the new women that I meet.)

I've spent a good part of the last year working on getting in shape and improving at my new job. The best thing is that I've done it all for myself.

Well a friend of mine called and asked me to meet up with him and 5 ladies that I've met before. The only problem is that it was at a local bar that my ex has been known to frequent. Now, I'm ok around some drinking. The group all drinks but they respect my not drinking. I still have fun and even sing karaoke, no booze required.

My ex wasn't there. However, 2 of her closest friends were. I was busy getting mauled by those 5 broads having the time of my life and they noticed me. I didn't pay them any mind. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of them was texting frantically. I know who it was to. :) Then the 2 of them split in a hurry.

That's the first part.

The second was my friend alerting me to a review of another bar that my ex and I used to pretty much live at.
He told me that her pic was in the review and I reluctantly looked. I had to browse through all of the pics and I reached the last one. It was a shot of the dance floor with people getting down. There was one person not dancing, instead making her way across the floor toward the bar. It was her. She was dressed in a gray sweater with dress slacks. There was a beer in her hand as usual. Here's the cherry: she looks totally wasted and about 20 lbs. heavier.

Not only did I beat alcohol, I beat her. Here's to getting into shape, excelling at work, playing around with new quiff, and sticking it to the ex. I couldn't give a flying fvck about that tramp anymore. I'm way out of her league today and I'm only getting better.

Thank you everyone.

Hey Victory Unlimited, the war goes on but this battle is won! rick92f out. :rockon:
Rick,

Could you PM me that tracker? Thanks.

Yeah it sounds like from your stand point she left when you really needed her in your corner. BUT..when it comes to drinking problems they are notoriously know for damaging relationships. If you're waking up after blacking out in a pool of blood. NOT GOOD. Most who drink ( Alcoholics or POWER Drinkers ) make promises they generally can't keep when it comes to stopping their drinking. They stop for a while but it picks back up and returns harder than it left. Usually the only time it stops is intervention, whether self imposed or John Law. That's what I know. Moderation is generally the key with drinking like everything else.

Yes you deserve to be vindicated in some sort of way. I'm agree. Congrats. BUT...lol. It sounds you haven't quite let it go concerning the breakup. The rejection must have been hard for you considering your situation. Understandable. Emotionally she kinda still has her nails into you but maybe not as much as the previous year. It doesn't hurt as much probably.

Yes you have reached that point my friend. You have improved through adversity by not letting alcohol control your life. I know the feeling because it almost claimed me. And YES it is true I will agree...THE BEST REVENGE IS TOO LIVE WELL. No Doubt. Now it's time to step out of the door and close that chapter in your life completely. Because I'm envisioning you in a door and standing in it. Metaphorically, you haven't closed it but it's still open. She represents the door...feel me? It's just the semi-gloating makes it seem like you still harbor some feelings toward her.

Then I could be wrong...of course.

What do you think?

- AA

rick92f

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't moderate it. I started at 14 and by the time I hit 29 I just couldn't stop. The only person that I promised that I would stop was myself. Before I sought professional help I would stop for a few days at the most and be shaking so bad that I had to have a drink. Or better yet I'd try to switch down to beer and convince myself that I could hang that way. Again maybe less than a day later I'd be on the Vodka train again. I used to be able to pound 151! How's that for sick?

I'll be the first to admit that she still has her nails in me. Not nearly as bad as she once did. I'm mostly to the point where I don't really care about her. I'd never go back with her, that's for sure.

It was funny to see the pic of my ex at that bar. It is the bar that she chose to keep over me. She's an alcoholic too, just don't tell her that. Well AA, the only feeling I harbor at all would be hate. There's not much left anymore. I'm about 99% indifferent. Instead of her being the door I think of it more like she's behind a door inside of a closet. I've stepped through the door but it's cracked open to where I can still peek in. I'm working on getting out of the house so I can detonate the charges.

I just came away feeling like a winner last night because I faced two devils at the same time and walked away smiling. I'd never seen the 2 girls while I've been truly sober before. It was almost surreal. I'm happy I'm sober and my old life feels like a distant dream more and more each day.

Perhaps a little gloating was in order. I remember reading these very pages when I was down and thought that things would never get better. With some hard work they have become much better. I was compelled to share just in case someone reading is headed down the road I've already traveled.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you. and keep it up. Thats all I have to say.

mikehelms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good story man, glad to hear it. I am currently trying to stop drinking as well because at age 26 it's gotten out of hand. I feel ya bro.

Also, would you mind PMing me that myspace tracker, and do they have one for facebook?

Thanks.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Sergeant RICK92F!

Job WELL DONE, soldier! Well done, indeed.

Some people here know what it's like to remake, remodel, and re-BUILD themselves into someone that "they" can be proud of. But there are some who don't.

Anyone can learn a few tricks, techniques, or pick-up lines---but we all know that THAT never addresses the core problem. What it takes is to honestly evaluate your life, determine where you are "now", then map out a plan to get you to where you'd RATHER be.

And YOU have done that, my man.

And I'm here to tell you that there's nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your self-improvement labors. Anybody who has fought the battles that you have, is way past due for a little "victory dance".

I have people in "real iife" who are very close to me, who are now elderly, who are suffering in ALL areas of their lives due to their addictions to that "demon in the bottle"----ALCOHOL. Some people don't have the same vulnerability to addiction as others------much respect to you for having the awareness and the GUTS to tackle this problem "head on" while you're young enough for it to NOT sabotage your future.

Rare is the man who "cheats death" and lives to come back and debrief us about it.

Alcoholism ain't SHYT to be played with.

There's a time for EVERYTHING.

And THIS is your time to CELEBRATE your victories, my friend. When you can look back at your life yesterday, then take an inventory of your life TODAY-----and you sincerely like, appreciate, and are grateful for the change----then this is very much a cause for you to celebrate. Is it not?

And you'll know when it's time to STOP celebrating when you start actually feeling "happy" that the women in your past now have lives full of sorrow, tragedy or devastation-----instead of just feeling thankful that YOU are not in that downward spiral WITH them.

THAT'S when you know you've officially crossed the line over into all out GLOATING, my friend.

And any man who can beat his own shortcomings, any man who can keep his boot on the neck of "the bottle", is definitely MAN ENOUGH to stay on the high road that he has been marching on.

It sounds like you've been building confidence on a daily basis. And that's good. Many of us who travel with you on this mission to better our lives KNOW that one of the best ways to gain MORE confidence is by mentally reviewing and rehearsing our PAST successes.

And as one success acts as a stepping stone to the next-----then continuing to march in the same direction will definitely lead you to HIGHER and HIGHER GROUND.

So, continue to stock up on your Ammunition for Attraction, Rick! Keep staying on the road. Stay the course. Don't lose sight of the mission-----this quest for a better life through taking personal responsibility and self improvement------for the LONG haul.

We, in the V.U. Army, are ALL rooting for you.

And even though we may have to get "bloody" on this mission...

...BETTER to fight the hard "life" battles NOW, while we still have enough youth, strength, an spirit left-----than to allow the IDENTIFIABLE enemies of our joy and personal fulfillment to go unopposed-----to let them keep gaining so much strength that they could overwhelm us in the future.

So lock and load, troops!

Keep living one day at a time.

Keep fighting to take just ONE hill at a time.

Because, make no mistake, the days will always come when the only thing that gives us the guts to keep moving forward is when we remember to pause just long enough to look back in appreciation for how FAR we've ALREADY come.

Soldier On.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound odd, but I think when you see that drunk old *****, you are seeing what you used to be and celebrating the fact that you are not where she is. I think you are actually seeing a part of yourself back there, a part that you hate so much that you never want to know it again.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
fertileTurtle said:
This may sound odd, but I think when you see that drunk old *****, you are seeing what you used to be and celebrating the fact that you are not where she is. I think you are actually seeing a part of yourself back there, a part that you hate so much that you never want to know it again.
I've done this before. Lot of mixed feelings. You remember when thigns were good. When you were happy and felt in control of yourself and your world. Things seem like they are in such disarray now, as you see her. (When I say you I am really talking about myself by the way).

I can be very sentimental but I know its part of life and that peple have suffered much greater losses than me. People have thought things were much better than I thought and had those things turn out to be not at all what they thought or invisioned as having the potential to be infused as part of their lives. Life is tough but sooner or later if we give ourselves the time to let the smoke or emotions and chemical dumps that go on in our bodies CLEAR OUT - we begin to see sh1t for what it really is.

Good luck.