Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Beer Thread

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's talk beer.

My favourite is Budweiser Budvar (not AT ALL to be confused with the rat piss that comes from Anheuser Busch-- that stuff tastes like ball sweat compared to this), also called Czechvar. This beer has a great flavor, is nice and strong with good head, not overcarbonated, isn't skunky, has a clean aftertaste and doesn't cost too much. Even the bottom of the bottle is good. This is the beer that you want to drink slowly to savor-- if you just want to get drunk then you may as well drink natty light or coors-- don't waste Czechvar on that kind of mindset.

A close second is Franziskaner Hefe-Weiss. I'm a sucker for any good hefeweizen when there isn't any czechvar around, and this is definitely good. It comes in a brown bottle bith a brownish label and has a monk/abbot guy on the label and a gold-foil wrapped top.

Post your favourite beer(s)!

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corona! La Cerveza mas fina for a reason.

Either that or Waikato, a good NZ classic. It's rough as guts, and looks a lot like the river water down here, but it's a mans beer!

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaCam said:
Corona! La Cerveza mas fina for a reason.
If you like Mexican beer I would recommend Carta Blanca or Noche Buena. Both go great with Mexican food.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Page said:
If you like Mexican beer I would recommend Carta Blanca or Noche Buena. Both go great with Mexican food.
I'm gonna write those names down, sounds interesting. Big fan of mexican food ;)

Cheers.

Garamin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Found an old school beer,brought back to life.Pabst Blue Ribbon.The stuff my grandad drank in highschool.The store i work at is selling it,so some friends and I picked up a 12 pack,to taste out,and we all love it.Very crisp taste,very litte foam,and cheap.Cost about $6 for a 12 pack,so it has been adopted as our new beer of chioce.

Scumfrog

Don Juan
Reaction score
I typically drink Molsen Canadian when I'm out at the pub. It's cheap and tastes like home :p
At home I'll usually drink Tuborg or Moosehead... or if I can find it and have the money I'll pick up Duvel.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There must be some telepathy going on here, Page, because I just got to thinking of posting a beer thread.

Funny what you posted, too, scumfrog, because Molson Canadian is also my favorite among the cheap, commonly available ones. I also like Duvel a real lot. There's a Belgian Pub in Detroit that has an excellent stew that contains it as an ingredient, if I recall correctly, and goes very well with it, natch.

I tend to favor hoppy, strong brews. About 9-10% ABV is ideal for me.

My current faves are Motor City Brewing Works' Strong Ale, a 10% ale that hits the hops right on the money for my taste, but unfortuntely is probably very hard to obtain outside of Detroit. Gulden Draak Trippel Ale is a very flavorful, dark reddish-brown 10.5% ale. Also, anything by Unibroue (sp?), who brew La Fin Du Monde and Maudite.

Waikato, eh, KillaCam? I'll make a note of that.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I tend to favor hoppy, strong brews. About 9-10% ABV is ideal for me.
Then you should try Arrogant B@stard ale. The label on the front says "You're not worthy." It's about 8% ABV, and has hops, hops, and more hops. You'll love it.

At almost $4 a bottle, it can be expensive, so I would save it for good occasions.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
hay canadians do any of you know of a beer named Lasko? i don't know where in canada it's being distributed though. it comes in a greenish bottle (green paper).

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been trying to expand my beer pallet for a while now. I've tried over 45 different kinds of beers. We keep a collection of them too.
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beerhm1.jpg

I'm a really big fan of Ale's. My favorites thusfar have been Blue Moon, Sunshine Wheat, New Castle, Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout, Rolling Rock, Fat Tire, Bass, Flying Dog, Full Sail Amber Ale.

Whenever I go to the beer store we always get a new kind, I'm amazed as to how many different kinds of beers there are. Some good, some bad. But I think the experience of being open to different kinds of beer is way more fun then drinking the same bottom of the barrel crap all the time. Keystone is a good beer to drink when you're having a party, but if you just want something delicious to sit back on and just drink, an Ale is where it's at.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stud said:
You're the first guy I met who actually likes it. I tried it once and it was just like drinking water and had no real alcohol content to speak of.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a collection of 250 different bottles of beer, so I speak with authority. The greatest?

Warsteiner - "Life is too short for cheap beer."
Fraock - Presumably based on a 3,000 year old recipe.
Pete's Wicked line
Any Belgian Farmhouse Ale
Old Peculiar - strong stuff

Worst ever:
Cave Creek Chili Beer - Had Jalepeno peppers in the botlle.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arrogant Bastard, eh? I'll see if I can find it. There's one favorite of mine called Dirty Bastard, by Founders brewery, in W. Michigan, which is excellent, a lot like MacEwan's. Founders' IPA is supposed to be even better, but I've not found it yet in the local shops.

Founders has a brew they occasionally put out called Devil Dancer, which is a 13% ale that's even too hoppy for me... can be used as digestive bitters. But I'll pick some up again, because it makes a great mixer, to salvage any disappointingly tasteless piss water.

And I forgot to mention my favorite stout: Old Rasputin. "Never Say Die," it says on the carton. It's a 9% stout that looks like used motor oil and tastes great.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bud bought Kirin Ichiban, and it immediately turned into a substance indistinguishable from Bud. They also bought Rolling Rock, but thankfully have not changed the recipe yet.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the malted liquor? What gets you drunker quicker? What comes in bottles or in cans?

I actually prefer ale, but since thats not the question, I'd have to say.. ermm..Archers.