"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

The Beauty and the Beast phenomenen

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
I was interested to read the thread about the pasty, overweight guy who scores with lots of hot chicks, and also remembered that the couples I see in the street there are examples of hot chicks with guys who you instantly think, how the hell did he manage to get with her?

I also have a personal interest as I do not look like the typical DJ or masculine stud, and will never attract girls with my looks. A reason why looks are such an insecurity of mine is that I go for looks and presume women do the same. With enough proof that women don't go for just looks I can put this insecurity to rest.

The standard answer is that the man has "game"-lots of confidence, mastery of ****y and funny, charm etc. But I think this is in most cases an oversimplification.

What are the theories that you have as to why this phenomenen happens and state examples of ugly friends with gorgeous girlfriends.

Here are mine:

1) The lonely 10 theory: this theory states that good looking girls while they get a lot of male attention at clubs and bars, it is usually from drunk players and they want to know a guy socially first. The first reasonably sociable guy they meet in their social circles with the balls to ask her out, she will usually say yes to.

2) The male jerk phenomen-good looking guys are in demand and have lots of opportunities and tend to become vain and players. If a girl is looking for a relationship she is more likely to go for an average looking guy who will treat her well and won't stray

3) Other qualities theory-some girls are less interested in looks and more interested in a man's intelligence, sophistication, ambition, and charm. The man may also be a good listener and an interesting speaker.

4) Girls care more about body than face. Perhaps if you are tall and built, girls are turned on despite you being nowhere near pretty. Perhaps this is something to do with liking to be protected.

Any other ideas?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
I think there are women who automatically classify good looking guys as players. And since many hot women have had bad experiences with players in their younger years, they go for the average looking guys to settle down with.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Yeah, that is definitely a factor for marriage, but I am 20 and interested in girls my own age. Point in case, my dad is anything but hot, and my mother was at least an 8 in her prime and had thousands of guys after her over the years, and she ended up with my dad when he was 40 and she 35.
 

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
There are surely myriad reasons why you seomtimes see a HB with a guy you deem unattractive... Too many, in fact, to fully explain the phenomenon.

One of my favorite explanations, though, is that the HB doesn't realize she is one. She probably grew up feeling unattractive, and that self-image has carried over into adulthood.

Everyone, HBs included, wants to eventually stay with a guy that is socially impressive. Looks, prestige, money, charisma, and confidence are all ways to be socially impressive. Looks may be the easiest avenue, because a good looking guy is immediately impressive.

If you're really asking if you can meet the expectations of a HB, the answer is yes. Just have a prestigious position, be wealthy, be charismatic, or be confident (or any combination thereof).

If you're really asking if there is a minimum level of attractiveness that a HB will accept in a partner. Well, that's a tough question...

whistler
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Dude, honestly you need to get over your insecurity and not just patch it up by trying to convince yourself that women don't go for looks. The truth is, they do. But, the good news is that if 5 women think you're ugly, 5 will think you're handsome enough to do. The only thing you have to do is know who you are, be that guy, and go after what you want. If the girl likes you, she'll let you know and just escalate it from there. If she doesn't, she'll shoot you down regardless of your "game".

The sooner you accept yourself for your looks and stop trying to hide behind your own derived theory that helps you temporarily "deal with your uglyness", the sooner you'll be able to feel comfortable in your own skin and make it happen with chicks that already would do you.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Yeah xblitz44, I am trying desperately hard to overcome this insecurity but it has been an issue with me for at least five years now and it is quite hard to do.

By the way, your 5 think u are ugly, 5 would do with you, what is this all about? True beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but with guys most guys will agree within a point or two a girls attractiveness. And of thse 5 who would do you are these girls ugly girls who can't do any better and are settling for you?
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
I'm not quite sure this "phenomenon" even really exists.

Sure, I've seen HBs with boyfriends who would likely be a few spots below them on the 1-10 scale, like a 9 with a 7, or maybe an 8 with a 5. But I really can't ever remember seeing a hot girl dating a guy who would be considered clearly below average.

The truth is, average looks can get you farther than you realize, but guys who are undeniably ugly almost never bag 7s or up. I think the "Beauty and the Beast phemonenon" is more like a myth that is commonly purported as truth on dating sites like these.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
It's always in the eye of the beholder. Sure, you can notice a girl who is "hot" by society's "standard", but there are many girls that you see, who just have that *something* about them. They might not be drop dead gorgeous, or smoking hot, but they are "cute". Maybe your friends don't agree, but it doesn't change your mind. You are that guy.

A group of girls might see you, 5 might think you're not attractive, and 1 might. Or 1 might think you're not attractive, but 5 might. All you can do is go in there and be who you truely are inside. Unplug yourself from giving a fvck what they think about you, or what you say and let it rip. Bust on yourself, bust on them, let it flow naturally. And the ones who are attracted to you will let you know it if you're paying attention.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
"And of thse 5 who would do you are these girls ugly girls who can't do any better and are settling for you?"

By the way, this is a direct focus comment basically spelling out what you think of yourself. Maybe you don't think hot girls like you because you count them out immediately and assume that the only ones who do, are the ones who "can't do any better"...because you're presuming that you're the bottom of the barrel.
 

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
Matt,

Keep talking about your insecurity. You might get a lot of comments that tell you to just get past it. But you'll also get comments that put your insecurity in perspective, and those should help you deal with your problems.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
i think in the case of "beauty and the beast" will only qualify if the ugly dude is a rich bastard...thats an exceptional case.
 

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
618
Reaction score
4
Thanks whistler. I feel bad about whining and *****ing about it, but it definitely holds me back and stops me being the best I can.

xblitz44 right on about the direct focus comment. I guess for various reasons (shyness, acne, all boys school) I have never got a lot of attention from girls-even ugly ones, so I find it hard to believe that hot girls will go for me. I had a few dates with a 9 and screwed it up because I was so damn insecure that I kind of went a bit crazy at every sign that she was not 100% into me and acted very needy. I had a 5 go pretty crazy over me a year ago, but other than that no girls who have been obviously into me.

By the way your attitude of not giving a damn and just putting on the moves is what I am doing basically, but at the back of my mind there is always this insecurity of she is out of my league and what does she see in me.

I do not know how others judge me and it is likely that I am very harsh on my looks, but I am probably around a 4 or 5 facially and my body (athletic and built) and height (6 foot 1) probably raises me a notch or two.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Only very rarely do you see those kind of lop-sided couples. Most people marry people very similar to them in looks, economic status, race, religion, etc. And THAT's a statistical fact.

When people notice these lop-sided couples, it stands out in their mind, but they fail to notice for each of those couples, there are another 10 couples who are both on similar physical scales.

It's certainly POSSIBLE, but those are the EXCEPTION rather than the rule. And in order to BE the exception, you Need GAME.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Matt Rogers


4) Girls care more about body than face. Perhaps if you are tall and built, girls are turned on despite you being nowhere near pretty. Perhaps this is something to do with liking to be protected.

Any other ideas?
DID YOU JUST SAY IM NOT PRETTY.:confused: :(
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by JT47319
Only very rarely do you see those kind of lop-sided couples. Most people marry people very similar to them in looks, economic status, race, religion, etc. And THAT's a statistical fact.

That sounds true except for the looks part. I look at the engagements in the newspaper everyday and there is never a real goodlooking guy that is engaged to an average to ugly looking woman but there are plenty of hot women that are engaged to guys that are marrying out of their league based on looks. I ALWAYS SEE LOP-SIDED COUPLES! I see hot chicks marrying and dating fat and ugly guys every bit as much as I see a couple where both are good looking. The only thing I hardly ever see is girls dating or marrying shorter guys than them.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by Fatality
That sounds true except for the looks part. I look at the engagements in the newspaper everyday and there is never a real goodlooking guy that is engaged to an average to ugly looking woman but there are plenty of hot women that are engaged to guys that are marrying out of their league based on looks. I ALWAYS SEE LOP-SIDED COUPLES! I see hot chicks marrying and dating fat and ugly guys every bit as much as I see a couple where both are good looking. The only thing I hardly ever see is girls dating or marrying shorter guys than them.
probably what those guys have is $$ and offer them LTR material.

I cant say i disagree with you, in a lot of neighborhoods, i've seen a lot of average looking guys holding hands with their hot gf's.

it really indeed boggles the mind!
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by ScrewIt
probably what those guys have is $$ and offer them LTR material.

I cant say i disagree with you, in a lot of neighborhoods, i've seen a lot of average looking guys holding hands with their hot gf's.

it really indeed boggles the mind!
It's just proof that looks are not even close to being the most important quality they look for in a man. Maybe looks are very important for a one night stand type of thing but not for a relationship.
 

showtime17

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
Amsterdam
Originally posted by Fatality
The only thing I hardly ever see is girls dating or marrying shorter guys than them.
I see that all the time. I've been beaten to chicks by guys that are shorter than the chick and really ugly. (the chicks were usually going out with these dudes before i met them) i wanted to go out with this cute chick about 5'6 (HB7) or something, but then i found out that she was going out with some dude that was shorter than her!! another chick went out with a dude who looked like jesus on drugs. i see this type of stuff all the time. i dont really think chicks go for looks that much.
i am decent looking, but cant get none, while ugly guys get hot chicks. :confused:
well gotta work on my game. hopefully next semester, my last, my skills will improve....:eek:
 

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
Statistically, less than 1% of women marry a man that is shorter than them.

Dating may be another issue. But marriage is a behavior that speaks volumes.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Originally posted by whistler
Statistically, less than 1% of women marry a man that is shorter than them.

Dating may be another issue. But marriage is a behavior that speaks volumes.
Exactly. It just stands out in people's mind when they see something so "different" that they think it's somehow the "norm." Beautiful people rarely get with ugly people, etc.

I'm not going to coddle anyone by spouting off meaningless platitudes that hotties, as a majority or even a large minority, get with "beasts." That's just a nice little fantasy supported by Disney movies, trashy romance novels, and angst ridden teenage coming of age movies that flies in the face of true statistical fact and empirical observation.

I mean, hell, I'm 5"7 and at least HALF the girls I've dated/laid were taller than me. Does that make me the rule? Of course not, I'm the exception.

And how, as an average looking PUA of average height get with an tall, exotic beauty? Through Game. And how does one get Game? Through constant field work, socializing, interaction, and becoming socially calibrated to people around them.
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top