"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

The apathetic Don Juan.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Remember me? sD .... DX....?

Greatest t2 player ever....?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Ziro

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Never said I was the greatest =P, I was just really good.

Actually, I knew you Lik, you were in my clan at one point. Which is why I find it so funny that I used to know you in T2 and hadn't talked to you for years, then I saw you on this message board. It was freaky sheiz.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Correction, I was talking about myself.

Ziro... old name? ZD?
 
Last edited:

Ziro

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
hmm, Remember "The Klick"? and "L^H" I think they were the first couple clans in T2 you were in. I was just {L^H}ZIRO.
We made our own clan, and that sorta died, so then we split ways. I was sort of sad actually, I thought you were a cool kid.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Ah yes... KliK and L^H. I do recall. What have you been up to? LEt's take this to pm or chat.

AIM = LikRtsm
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
18
Yesterday I had a bad day in work. Nothing really went bad but I was pretty nervous around customers etc. I felt so bad and just wanted to call in and say I didn't want the job any more. But today I went in and I was actually OK, and I was 10 times more confident than the day before. I'd say I'll be well on my way to my social goals by the end of this week.

I think I'm seeing the hb8 from the club this Friday(well at least she wants to :p) so things are going so fricken sweet.
 

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
18
Well dealing with customers etc is beginning to come to me almost as second nature. It's really cool too because it's changed the way I deal with people altogether now. I used to be nervous with ANY sort of social interaction but when you're around people all day you just get used to it...it's weird..

Oh and I met up with that hb8 2 nights ago and we spent like nearly the entire night making out. Am heading to a flic with her later today too and her IL is so fricken high...mainly cause I'm always doing stuff and she knows that if I dumped her tomorrow she'd be sad but if she dumped me I'd be like "uh...ok" and I can tell shes not used to feeling like that with guys :D
She actually dumped her afc bf for me and he practically begged her to get back with him a few days ago...which makes me laugh even though there's a part of me that feels sorry for the kid...:cool:
 

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
18
HA.


I've come running back...again :rolleyes:


So anyways about 2/3 weeks after that last post I was getting so bored of work that I had started smoking hash every night again. Flash forward a few weeks later and I'm not even returning txt's to the girl mentioned in the thread. About a week after that I've lost my job because I was getting even shíter. Hadn't imporved since I started smoking... and me and 2 of my mates take mushrooms and I have a nice talk to my mate about what losers we're becoming. It was really funny at the time, but after the mushrooms wore off we were talking about it more seriously.

Since then my mate has started really hitting the gym, got a new college course arranged and go offered a job. Today, I woke up at 3, went downstairs and played counterstrike with a mate, then about 1 hour ago I ate a blogurt. WHAT THE HELL???

Seriously I don't know what's wrong with me. I keep managing to fuk up at some stage. Only difference is that now I'm a bit more adept with talking to people and what not. I've still managed to revert back to the uninteresting waster with nothing to talk about cause he's always wasted. I spose, at least my mate making an effort means I was always seeing some sort of inspiration, but now I'm really starting to get sick of all the kid stuff. Trying to be a man is hard...
 
Top