The all-inclusive Charisma Thread.
Disclaimer: There is no substitute for some good old fashion experience. You should only go on the boards to sharpen your knives.
Everyone has their favorite Seduction tactic or mindset. You have probably been told be Alpha, be Confident, internalize I am the Prize, Be ****y and Funny… etc.
Forget all of those for a moment.
We are going to find out how to be Charismatic. I have read a lot of articles on this subject, and many of them were insightful, but no one of them were simple how-to manuals. They say just hold the floor, make other people listen to you when you talk, be respected, be a leader, be magnetic, be happy. You know what I say to that? **** that. How do you do those specific things? When they tell us to be this or that without explaining how it just makes us more confused.
So lets start over. Lets pretend we are teaching a brand new AFC how to become charismatic. I think a definition is a good start. Charisma – Having a certain charm, or magnetism to you that people like. You appeal to everyone. Okay, good start.
Common Aspects of Charisma:
(In no particular order)
1) Humor - Now we need a role model… Comedians. Comedians can get whole crowds of people to love them in a very quick time! How? The secret to the comedian and a part of charisma is rapport. We need to learn how to connect with anyone in a very short amount of time. They can make these people laugh and feel loose. So if you can make someone happy (laughter) and comfortable (loose) it makes sense this person would consider you valuable.
2) Respect – Be a fair person. Get to know people before you judge them and if you don’t like someone don’t let everyone know. You don’t want to act like a broad. Assume everyone you meet is your friend until proven otherwise. Use innocent until proven guilty method here. Be grateful for what you have.
3) Happy – Be loose by having relaxed posture. When life is stressful or tough don’t complain and try to roll with the punches. Be in a positive state of mind. You life could be worse, think about it. Start smiling more. Find success in life. Win small battles in life for example I am happy if my pro baseball team wins or if I made a bunch of lights that day, anything. Don’t be so serious, joke around, and mess with people. Light up when you see people and act like your excited to see them.
4) Spontaneous /Creative - Be bold, If you see a risk take it, just don’t end up on the COPS T.V. show. Be silly sometimes but try to do it in a situation you control. Read Owning the Thread in Tactics/Techs. Do things people don’t expect. Keep them guessing. Use your environment around you for props and role-play a lot.
5) Other – Teach people things. Read magazines or something so you have a lot of things to talk about. Practice your stories and routines so you can become a good storyteller, emphasize emotions when talking to girls and use pauses to add suspense. Learn to elicit values and then relate to them. Create inside jokes with everyone you can.
If you get all of this down, all of the other things will snowball. If you develop these characteristics of Charisma then you will be the Prize, Alpha, Confidant or whatever. I don’t know everything about charisma mostly because I naturally am not very charismatic. I’m sure most people aren’t either or else they wouldn’t be on the boards. So go out and watch the life of the party type people. Watch them and find out why they are the center of attention and report back here.
One other note once your on top and you can attract a lot of attention, be scarce.
This is what I have gathered so far from my experiences in life and from the boards. I realize I probably didn’t cover everything in maximum detail but hopefully you can get the gist of charisma.
P.S. I also posted this on masf.
Disclaimer: There is no substitute for some good old fashion experience. You should only go on the boards to sharpen your knives.
Everyone has their favorite Seduction tactic or mindset. You have probably been told be Alpha, be Confident, internalize I am the Prize, Be ****y and Funny… etc.
Forget all of those for a moment.
We are going to find out how to be Charismatic. I have read a lot of articles on this subject, and many of them were insightful, but no one of them were simple how-to manuals. They say just hold the floor, make other people listen to you when you talk, be respected, be a leader, be magnetic, be happy. You know what I say to that? **** that. How do you do those specific things? When they tell us to be this or that without explaining how it just makes us more confused.
So lets start over. Lets pretend we are teaching a brand new AFC how to become charismatic. I think a definition is a good start. Charisma – Having a certain charm, or magnetism to you that people like. You appeal to everyone. Okay, good start.
Common Aspects of Charisma:
(In no particular order)
1) Humor - Now we need a role model… Comedians. Comedians can get whole crowds of people to love them in a very quick time! How? The secret to the comedian and a part of charisma is rapport. We need to learn how to connect with anyone in a very short amount of time. They can make these people laugh and feel loose. So if you can make someone happy (laughter) and comfortable (loose) it makes sense this person would consider you valuable.
2) Respect – Be a fair person. Get to know people before you judge them and if you don’t like someone don’t let everyone know. You don’t want to act like a broad. Assume everyone you meet is your friend until proven otherwise. Use innocent until proven guilty method here. Be grateful for what you have.
3) Happy – Be loose by having relaxed posture. When life is stressful or tough don’t complain and try to roll with the punches. Be in a positive state of mind. You life could be worse, think about it. Start smiling more. Find success in life. Win small battles in life for example I am happy if my pro baseball team wins or if I made a bunch of lights that day, anything. Don’t be so serious, joke around, and mess with people. Light up when you see people and act like your excited to see them.
4) Spontaneous /Creative - Be bold, If you see a risk take it, just don’t end up on the COPS T.V. show. Be silly sometimes but try to do it in a situation you control. Read Owning the Thread in Tactics/Techs. Do things people don’t expect. Keep them guessing. Use your environment around you for props and role-play a lot.
5) Other – Teach people things. Read magazines or something so you have a lot of things to talk about. Practice your stories and routines so you can become a good storyteller, emphasize emotions when talking to girls and use pauses to add suspense. Learn to elicit values and then relate to them. Create inside jokes with everyone you can.
If you get all of this down, all of the other things will snowball. If you develop these characteristics of Charisma then you will be the Prize, Alpha, Confidant or whatever. I don’t know everything about charisma mostly because I naturally am not very charismatic. I’m sure most people aren’t either or else they wouldn’t be on the boards. So go out and watch the life of the party type people. Watch them and find out why they are the center of attention and report back here.
One other note once your on top and you can attract a lot of attention, be scarce.
This is what I have gathered so far from my experiences in life and from the boards. I realize I probably didn’t cover everything in maximum detail but hopefully you can get the gist of charisma.
P.S. I also posted this on masf.