"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

The AFC's Anthem?

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
17
Location
LosAngeles, Ca. USA!
In that currently popular song "The Reason" by Hoobastank,
when I read the Lyrics, it kinda seems AFC to me.
I DO like the Song alot, however, if the average guy that wasn't a famous Rock Star, said that kinda stuff to most American women, they would think he was a whipped AFC...
Am I right?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Almost all songs by men written about love are AFC songs. They are always about how they want the girl to come back and how they can't believe how lucky they are that they found a girl like that. Music and media is one of the main reasons there are so many real AFC's out there, along with movies and bullshit propaganda about what the perfect boyfriend should be. The guys might not really be AFC, they just sing what sells.
 

DJD

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
She's So High by Tal Bachman ('97). I really like the tune, and I (wince) sing it at karaoke bars now and then, but the lyrics are pure AFC. I even punctuate a few of the lyric lines with (NOT) when I sing it ;-)
 

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Charleston, SC
Here's what you need to understand about music: the songs people most identify with are the songs that are about universal problem (lonliness, alientation)

although these things are the things you all attribute to being AFC, in all reality these songs aren't written because the guy who writes them is a big chump, they are written because the guy who writes them knows that people can IDENTIFY with problems like lonliness and alienation, and love.

quit identifying songs as AFC. It doesn't really help much anyway. Just realize these songs are written because the person that writes them knows that he's writing about something that everyone can identify with.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
^ right on

i saw hoobastank in STL a while back... it was the worst show i have ever been to.
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Sounds like someone needs a testosterone shot!

Good boost song:


Dope - Die Motherf*cker Die
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Best songs to give a boost:

metallica - hit the lights
slayer - raining blood
dragonforce - my spirit will go on

actually just about anything by dragonforce, cheesy power metal.

hammerfall - Legend Reborn
Iced Earth - Stand Alone
Kreator - Extreme agression
Danzig - Mother
Running wild - Calico Jack
Death - Spirit Crusher
Deicide - Serpents of the Light (satanic, but good music)
Deicide - Once upon the cross (same)

i can name hundreds more
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Originally posted by DJD
She's So High by Tal Bachman ('97). I really like the tune, and I (wince) sing it at karaoke bars now and then, but the lyrics are pure AFC. I even punctuate a few of the lyric lines with (NOT) when I sing it ;-)
Oh, God. I vomit everytime I hear that song now. They used to play that crap over and over 6 years ago when i was flipping burgers at some fast food joint.
 
Top