Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

The AFC diss

KingPinp

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
A lot of people on this board really piss me off. I havent posted anything but iv been reading it for a while.

All of a suden the moment you post anything that disagrees with anyone, immidiately people say, AFC, newbie etc.

I probably got more game then majority of the so called DJ's, so i think its pretty pathetic to walk around a message board and talk smack.

I just wish there was more 'men' here instead of underage pussies.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Maybe you do have game, maybe you don't. People disagree here all the time and everyone's entilted to their own opinions.
 

KingPinp

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Ever onward
Maybe you do have game, maybe you don't. People disagree here all the time and everyone's entilted to their own opinions.
well in that case, what you mean is maybe YOU can tell who the AFC is on that post
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
Well first of all, what makes you think I was talking about you on that other post when I said you could spot the AFC? Don't take things so personally and do like rgeere said, lighten up.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Uh...I have a question, but who cares? If we were so welcoming to AFCs like I once was, then people like me would NOT have changed as rapidly as we did. So just let it be. It's working...at least for me.:D

Oh yeah..and listen to all the lighten up stuff. Just don't post if it's that time of month.:eek:



^^^^^^^^^^JOKING:rolleyes:
 

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
I dont' even know what an AFC is. But I'm probably one of them.
 

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
bootlegger

yep, u r, no offense :D

AFC = Average Frustrated Chump = Basically a guy who is clueless when it comes to women, but you know what? I still consider myself an AFC too.

cheers
 
Last edited:

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
The thread starter is complaining about name-calling. It looks like he's allowed himself to get emotional about it.

Making a post here won't stop it from happening - you're better off training yourself to ignore the opinions of people that talk down or disrespect. The next time someone flames you, consider sticking with the facts or objective views, rather than flaming back.
 
Top