Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The advantage of good looks

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THE POSTS

Ive noticed many threads on why good looks are or arent important. I think ill put my thoughts on it...

Despite what people have been saying, looks ARE more important than you believe they are. Ive seen posts where they try to convince others that good looks isnt that important at all. Ill disagree with that. Looks give you an advantage. An average guy will have a harder time getting in the door with a girl as opposed to a better looking guy.

SCENARIO

Heres a scenario to reinforce my case: A good looking guy walks into a club, flashing his style, etc. goes to the bar area to sit down. While having his drink, he notices a beautiful girl sitting at the end of the bar and decides to go talk to her. he approaches her and gets her attention and then...

lets analyze what has already happened...

What do you think will happen first? The girl will turn around and look at him. If he is attractive, then hes already at an advantage that the average guy dosent have. For one, shes already impressed...to a degree and thats more than the average guy can say.

Do you see the difference here? the good looking guy is already doing something about the attraction while the average guy still has to work to impress her. The dj, good looking or not...will not show his charisma, wit, charm, character, and humor like a shirt. hell have to show it to a girl by talking to her and being who is...with them. With that said, it follows that good lookas arent everything. They are however, important in the initial stage of attraction.

WHY THEY SAY THAT GOOD LOOKS ARENT IMPORTANT

Im going to generalize here...

Those who try to convince others are trying to convince themselves of the same thing. Its true that we live in a material world with superficial wants so why deny it? its easier to believe that looks arent important...

For any of those who know what im talking about, its better to not be fazed by this. Not having good looks does not constitute that youll never have a gf. It just means that youll have to do more than the initial apperance. Thats when djing comes in. thats why some are here...or other reasons

I want to hear what you guys and girls (i havent forgotten) think

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right looks are important. No doubt about it.

However looks can be enhanced by eating well, working out, walking with confidence, sitting straight, a good haircut, some nice clothes, projecting an aura of energy and purpose, smiling, etc etc. etc.

Your own mind and how you feel about yourself can project inner confidence and attractiveness - outwards.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you. Looks are important. Much more than we'd like to admit (to ourselves). No point in trying to delude ourselves into thinking that they don't, because we're just sticking our heads in the sand. Women don't care what we think they like. In fact, from my experience, I'd say that women give as much importance to looks as the average guy. But most of them will not admit it openly. They don't want to appear "superficial" (sic).

I also agree with The Dominated1, that looks aren't everything. Women WILL take other factors into consideration, but only AFTER they've considered your looks. Got to give the ladies credit on this, because most guys will NOT do that! :( So an average looking guy will have to work A LOT harder to get a woman than a good looking one. This is especially true in personals, or in bars, where many girls will 'next' you before even talking to you, if you don't match their physical criteria.

I know this from experience, as I'm a guy with only slightly above average looks (scored 7.1 on HotOrNot! lol). But it is possible to score anyways. It just takes perserverance, work, and doing the right things. That I know from experience too; because I once got a 9 (in my book) girlfriend who thought she was an 11, by accidently doing all the right things back in my AFC Shy Guy days. Actually, what got me to do all the right things was the fact that she thought she was an 11. That's a major turn-off for me; I hate stuck up Princesses. lol Attitude does make a major difference.

So, as Capt. Taggert would say "Never give up. Never surrender." :)

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny that you mention that zee - about personal ads. Isnt it curious that those ads without a picture will never get a reply? I think that my idea of what a woman sees first applies there too. If a personal ad does not have a pic, people will simply not respond to them because they will assume that the guy is unattractive. That contradicts what many say! They say that looks dont matter but in fact they do. It just seems that people are not fond of admitting it, or they dont want to believe something that does not benefit them.

It isnt a better idea to hide from the fact but rather to accept it and work your game from there. With that said, an average guy CAN get an attractive girl! If he begins to apply his dj philosophies, he can seduce about any girl he wishes...of course, the less attractive you are, the harder it will be...but possible nonetheless.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An Analogy!

Almost everyone would agree that intelligence is important to complete a rigorous education in college, right? To say otherwise would be stupid! Solving problems and formulating equations is DIRECTLY involved in 'smarts'. People associate "smartness" with being successful. This is because they think: "well, people make money for solving problems so if you can solve the hardest problems, you can make the most money!" Being smart (like being attractive) is something that one does not need to "work at", usually, it is there by default.

Does this mean that the "smart" person will become a doctor, or a CEO? Does this mean that the "smart" person will be rich?

Does this mean that all the "good" jobs (mentally challenging) will be taken by "smart" people? Does this mean that only "smart" people will control the money?

Obviously not!

Indeed, what helps a person get a good job or alot of money? Is it "smarts"? No. Indeed, many of these people are only of slightly above average intelligence (just look at George W....very successful, very rich, but not the sharpest tool in the box :D ) What makes a person a success is ATTITUDE. The person has an attitude of a winner, and will never settle for less. They may not be the most confident, or the most ****y, or the smartest, but they get the job done.

Just apply this train of thought to chicks.

The best looking guys have an advantage, all else being equal, but with some hard work on one's ATTITUDE (just like hard work in college) the "average" person can do just as good as the best looking guys. (Aww, poor baby, are you afraid of work and self-growth...you will come around :D )

Truth is, if you don't work on your character AT ALL, looks WONT matter...you will drive away chicks in droves REGARDLESS! (Just like in school, if you don't study AT ALL, and don't go to class AT ALL, then you will fail the tests!)

It may sicken you to see the ease at how the good looking guys pull chicks, (just like it sickened my buddies when I never studied in college...barely passed though! :D ) but you can do better with hard work! (As one of my workaholic friends did...beat me out 3.5 to 2.0 and he could not figure anything out, I would help HIM with homework...lol!)

Be that overachiever with girls, why do you need an advantage?

Besides, if you ARE attractive (I am attractive enough :p ), you have more of a chance to grow complacent. I get pissed when people try to make me think that I am working out, studying for a high paying job, bettering myself, etc. to get girls!? :mad: Whenever I get into the mindset that "I am doing it for zee weemon!" I loose my motivation...since I can get women anyway! (As can most people...you don't gotta be a model to pick up girls...you just gotta show 'em that you wanna party with them!)

Girls are easy, life is hard.

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another analogy

i have another analogy...ill compare it with the sport im doing; wrestling.

in wrestling, we have many concepts about how to win a match, but ill mention two: strength, and technique.

the strong wrestler will is all strength but no skill...however, his strength can win him some matches. he just relies on overpowering the competition with sheer muscle relying little on any technique.

we also have the techinue aspect, and if you know wrestling, you know that a wrestler with better technique will kick that cr@p out of any other wrestler who dosent have technique. even if the other wrestler is stonger, technique will prove to be the best strategy for winning.

If we apply this to a dating scenario, it can prove to be relevant. well say that the strong wrestler is an attractive afc in dating and the technique wrestler is a dj. the strength can get the wrestler to the the second round but wont last long against a technique wrestler. the technique wrestler will get better results by having experience, practice, and effective moves. it is comparable to how a dj knows how to act around women. There is, however, a distinction to be made. a technique wrestler does not have to have strength at all to win, although it does help and is recommended that he lifts weights. it is an advantage, not the game itself...a strong wrestler with technique will have an easier time winning over a wrestler with technique. looks are important, like strength is also important to apply with technique in wrestling...same principle

Rammsteindude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great!

I don`t know or even care if good looks are important.
thankg god I am good looking anywyas.

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Great!

Originally posted by Rammsteindude1
I don`t know or even care if good looks are important.
thankg god I am good looking anywyas.
Me too! I am one hott piece of ass!!

I'll say it again... I am one hott piece of ass!!

The Edge ' Some have it and some don't '

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
{I don`t know or even care if good looks are important.
thankg god I am good looking anywyas.}

thats what i would say if i were ugly... ;)

Snigbert

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree looks are important, but I think it is more an issue of what kind of shape a guy is in and if he appears to take care of himself. Not many guys are really truly 'ugly', it's more often a problem with being over/under weight or someone not looking like he is making any effort to be attractive.
Maybe it's just because I'm a guy and I dont look at other men as critically, but it is pretty rare I see a guy and think 'damn, that's only ugly bastard'.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks are important for guys but NOT IN THE SAME WAY AS IT IS FOR GIRLS.

The most important thing for a guy to do is look CLEAN. Clean skin, well-groomed hair and cleanliness counts for a lot. Almost every woman is already clean and well groomed, but men slack off which makes it easy for someone who takes the time to look good stand out.

Working out and being in shape also help.

But the good news is that MOST of the criteria for a man to look good are things that, with a bit of effort, he can CHANGE. Women have a whole bunch of factors (breast size, hip proportions, face, etc) that they cannot easily change.

Another reason to be thankful you're a guy!