The 90s and early 2000s was the golden age for dating

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Just before social media, and right when everyone had a beeper or basic cell phone.

Those days are over.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree on that, I recall 3 moment that made dating a pain in the ass.

1)the spreading of cellphones which basically multiplied that possibility for girls to get attention and distraction from the moment and face to face game while not giving any advantage to most guys since cellphones allow to give attention but not sex.

2)Social media especially facebook, then again it became about attention, pumping women egos and self esteem while providing them a way to get an unlimited supply of orbiters, it was a blessing for top 10% of guys which managed to reach girls everywhere but it because a mess for most guys since virtually any girl was either after attention or that top 10% they could see.

3)Smart phones, attention whoring apps and dating apps like tinder, this is where the average man becomes and orbiter and an expendable comodity that can be used and dropped with no worries, no more than a line on a screen.

Forget about having a girl investing in you like the last 90s or early 00s, forget a date with no interrpution wheter is messages, tweets, invitations from third parties..damn flaking is becoming the norm for most guys, and even if you manage to meet be ready to fight nails and teeths with others that are not even there.

Im skipping the part about the changes in the women psychology, ego and self esteem which alone create a mess even without the technical points I just listed.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on how you look at it.

The golden age of dating for men probably was when there was no 'dating'.

On the other hand, the top 1% of guys are cleaning up on Tinder and this is the golden age for them.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Agree on that, I recall 3 moment that made dating a pain in the ass.

1)the spreading of cellphones which basically multiplied that possibility for girls to get attention and distraction from the moment and face to face game while not giving any advantage to most guys since cellphones allow to give attention but not sex.

2)Social media especially facebook, then again it became about attention, pumping women egos and self esteem while providing them a way to get an unlimited supply of orbiters, it was a blessing for top 10% of guys which managed to reach girls everywhere but it because a mess for most guys since virtually any girl was either after attention or that top 10% they could see.

3)Smart phones, attention whoring apps and dating apps like tinder, this is where the average man becomes and orbiter and an expendable comodity that can be used and dropped with no worries, no more than a line on a screen.

Forget about having a girl investing in you like the last 90s or early 00s, forget a date with no interrpution wheter is messages, tweets, invitations from third parties..damn flaking is becoming the norm for most guys, and even if you manage to meet be ready to fight nails and teeths with others that are not even there.

Im skipping the part about the changes in the women psychology, ego and self esteem which alone create a mess even without the technical points I just listed.
Are you referring to the rampant narcissism they have now due to social media and selfies?

logicallefty

Reaction score
The parts I find particularly funny are how 30 years ago you were made fun of and considered a "nerd" for being interested in computers. I had an old Commodore 64 computer that I got for Christmas in 1984. I got made fun of for having it and using it too.. By some young girls my age who are 42 years old now and probably spending 18 hrs a day on social media.. At the very beginning for about the first year I had the C=64, if I wanted to do anything with it I had to write the programs myself. I had to code all my own stuff by hand; games, apps, etc. Now we have all this technology we can't live without as a society.. But how many people so dependent on it have actually have contributed in developing it and making it work? More specifically, how many women are electrical engineers and programmers who are in the core of making it what it is today? mmm, not too many... So if men as a collective wanted, they could put a stop to all of his social media/technology frenzy and stop making the stuff.. Then where would women be, not having the skills to make it themselves? This wont ever happen, but its an interesting thing to think about, isn't it??

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh. Sex is probably easier to get with a wider variety of women than ever before.

Maintaining a relationship is harder than it's ever been. Just have to adapt. Dating...the only people my age that really 'date' are girls that are trying to negotiate relationship and guys that don't know how to get sex. Is what it is and all we can do is adapt.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no sense in traditional western style dating anymore. For men dating = rejection.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maintaining a relationship is harder than it's ever been. Just have to adapt. Dating...the only people my age that really 'date' are girls that are trying to negotiate relationship and guys that don't know how to get sex. Is what it is and all we can do is adapt.
I understand it is a result of the changing times but to me it still (mostly) seems like a tragedy.

Last edited:

Tamura

Don Juan
Reaction score
Woman who are clinging to their cellphones during dates are ruled out. I'm thankful for the wider market through medias. Still enough chicks with style available.

At least in my age in my place.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will never understand those kind of conversations.

When I was 20, so back in year 1990-2000, I got dumped by my first GF because she wanted to experiment other men. She realized that she was beautiful, she was 17 at that time. So she basicaly cheated on me and the day after told me what she had done.

She had no cellphone, no Facebook, no Tinder. She just went out in some bar we used to hang out in and met another guy.

So what has changed?

We've always been expendable commodities for women. We've always been replacable commodities. That's the hard truth of the Red Pill we just haven't swallowed yet.

It has nothing to do with social media. Social media just opened more options for BOTH men and women.
And immature people are still completely unable to deal with their narcissism.

But remember that narcissism is epidemic.
Stay away from social media. Or Game with it.

And also, women suffer a LOT more from their narcissism than you think. They fvck up their whole life with it because when your life is filled with emptiness and nothingness, you can only suffer.

Women have no time to waste on social media because of the Wall. But still, they spend half their youth on it not even understanding how they fvck themselves up.

The vast majority of those women live miserable life and they will make your life as miserable as theirs.

So what are YOU going to do? I personaly prefer to stand back and laugh. And if I meet 2 girls in a year and they are nice, I will be OK. I don't need 20.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
In the days of snail mail you would mail a letter and hope to get a reply within 2-3 weeks. In the days of telephones you left a message on their answering machine and hoped to see your answering machine light flashing within 2-3 days. With email you hoped to get a reply within 2-3 hours. With texting you hope to get a reply within 2-3 minutes. I suppose soon we'll have new technology and will want a reply within 2-3 seconds somehow. Meanwhile, feelings seemed to last about as long as the given duration for a reply.

It used to be that your friend would say "She told me she likes you" and that meant you could do no wrong for a couple of weeks at least. You could mess up royally and it was ok because she "liked" you. These days you sleep with them on Monday and if you don't hear back Tuesday she's f*cking someone else on Wednesday.

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adapt and overcome.

The game changes, so should you- to continue to be a top player you must.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The golden age of dating was when you could whack a women on the head with a club and she would just let you **** her without even saying anything.

I wish I was a caveman......

Tamura

Don Juan
Reaction score
The golden age of dating was when you could whack a women on the head with a club and she would just let you **** her without even saying anything.

Or you always get a whack on the head before guarding the cave while the alpha male ****s all women inside...

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand it is a result of the changing times but to me it still (mostly) seems like a tragedy.
I used to feel this way. But even the old systems and old mythologies were an artificial creation. Romance and courting were manufactured out of thin air to create unions that were beneficial to society, sometimes at the expense of men and women in that union--and sometimes to convince people that they should be happily married even if they weren't.

That said, the current system is unworkable and might result in greater overall unhappiness--but happiness is difficult to quantify. Contentment is directly related to a lack of awareness of other possibilities. For instance, if all I could eat for lunch everyday was a hamburger--if there were no other items on the menu and never had been--I'd be damn content with eating hamburgers everyday. I'd think it was the greatest meal on earth. But if I knew that some people could eat chicken nuggets and steaks and gyros or whatever, but that I could only get a hamburger--well, that same hamburger becomes a little sh1tty and I might resent it.

The problem with the current system is that our options have grown at a faster rate than society's ability to restrict them. And while part of me still clings to ideas that loyalty and sacrifice and commitment are beautiful ideals, they're also the same concepts that got me stuck in a BPD relationship and that got you in the web of a sociopath.

It just might be possible that we're able to connect to people for who they are on a more genuine level now than we ever could've in the old system. As long as you have expectations for what a relationship looks like and how it should develop, you're limiting the development of that relationship and any deviation from your conception will result in severe unhappiness.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Until you remember pregnancies. If you like sex, you'd probably be glad to live in an age with p-pills and implants.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Meh. Sex is probably easier to get with a wider variety of women than ever before.

In general, guys have trouble getting sex. Women have trouble getting good sex ((until they meet me that is)

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I agree.

Women just have way too many options now especially given the average 15:1 male to female ratio on OLD sites/apps.

Way, way back in the day when OLD didn't exist & we were still connecting to the internet via 56K dialup, and mobile phones didn't have text capability, women had no more options than guys really. That is because they had to get out and actually meet people in person!