The 5 quick truths to being a man

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Truth #1: "Whatever comes, walk like a man"
In life, people are always testing people. In order to understand this, we must simply accept it. Women test eachother by seeing who looks better when they go out, or who gets hit on more. For us guys, it is a whole different situation.

When two guys lock eyes, it is on. I was in the bank today making a few deposits, when this guy and I locked eyes. We sat there and stared at eachother until we were either going to fight, or one would back down.

In order to be happy with yourself, us men need to make sure we don't back down to women OR men.

I'm not saying for you to go and stare down every guy you see, but if it comes down to it, sometimes you just gotta fight. And if you are willing to fight another guy for simply locking eyes with you, then why would you take sh!t from some female who disrespects you.

When a man walks around, his presence is felt. He isn't going to take stuff from anyone.

In any situation, a man needs to react with authority and thought. Rushing into a burning building in order to prove ones bravery is more stupid than not doing anything at all. Men need to react like a man in any situation.

Don't be afraid of confrontation. You wouldn't let another man talk crap about you to your face would you? No, even if you got your @ss beat, you would still stick up for yourself. Women are no different. If a woman p!sses you off, you tell her what is up, and you confront her. If you are mad enough, NEXT...

Truth #2: "Just Do It" - A phrase to live your life by.
Whenever I, or anyone in general second guesses themself, it is obvious what the answer is.... JUST DO IT! ex) I'm tired, should I go to the gym today? -JUST DO IT. Quit your b!tching and just do it. ex)hmmm...I should go approach that girl, but what if she rejects me? -JUST DO IT.

If you are second guessing yourself about something, then it is obviously something that can be physically or mentally done.

Truth #3: "Accept the things you cannot change, have courage to change the things you can, and have the wisdom to know the difference"....AND DON'T B!TCH

Men don't sit there and whine about things. They either A) live with it, or B)Change what is wrong.

Men don't talk sh!t about eachother, their friends, their women, anyone. If you are mad enough to talk sh!t about someone, then you obviously need to confront them about it. If you don't, then you aren't solving any problems, you are still just as upset about the issue, and the person you are talking stuff about doesn't know what is wrong.

Truth #4: Like it or not, what you look like matters..."IN LIFE, YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PUT IN"

Anyone reading this who isn't at least satisfied with themself when they look in the mirror should be doing something. I don't care if you are ugly, skinny, fat, nerdy, etc...you should be hitting the gym everyday.

Regardless of what you look like, your body should be in good shape. Why would a good looking girl, who has a bangin body want to be with some skinny/fat/weak guy? Look at it from the girls point of view. Imagine yourself as a girl, would you want to date yourself? What do you have to offer? YOUR BODY NEEDS TO BE UNDER CONTROL, SIMPLE AS THAT. GET OFF YOUR A$$.

Do you want to know why alpha males walk around all slowly like they own the place? Because they can't walk fast. They are too damn sore from working out. And when they are not sore from working out, they know that they are strong, because they DO work out, and if anyone messes with them, then they will walk like a man, handle it like a man, and if necessary, fight like a man. If they win, then they win, if they lose, they still fought like a man.

Truth #5: Confidence is NOT an attitude. It is NOT a mood. It is NOT how you feel after you get a new pair of shoes. CONFIDENCE IS A WAY OF LIFE.

Confidence is the combination of all things in your life. It is a lifestyle. If one is not satisfied with something about themself, then how could they be confident?

Men take out the trash confident. They know that whatever happens, whatever comes, whatever they do, they can handle the situation.

Every normal daily activity is done with confidence. You can't just try to turn on your confidence when you see a HB. She will recognise you as a poser INSTANTLY. You need to be confident all the time, in every aspect of your life.

If you are unconfident with your body, then work out. If you are unconfident about your job, then change jobs, or get an education.

When alpha males wake up, they are confident. When they take out the trash, they are confident. When they do anything, they are confident.

Truth #6(Bonus): "Shoot for the moon, and if you don't make it your still among the stars"
Did you notice that I hardly mentioned females throughout this whole post? If you memorize lines, you might get laid once or twice. But if you work on yourself, and are happy with yourself, then youve already won the game.

If you put your happiness into the hands of a woman, then you can NEVER be truly happy. As men, we have to live our lives to the best of our ability. Women are like a new hat, they are cool to use for a few months, until it is time to get a new one. Regardless of the woman with you, your the only one you can trust.

If you get your life in order, and are happy with yourself, then women will be automatically be attracted to you. You will automatically be more attractive. You have your sh!t together.

Just being on this site, and wanting to get help with your life puts you a head above the rest of the guys out there. They judge their happiness on how many women they get, you will now judge your happiness on how you live your life.

Perfection, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I try to live my life to perfection in my eyes. I want to be perfect for myself and for my own happiness. You my friend, should do the same. Hold yourself to higher standards than you hold anyone.

I hope this post didn't jump around too much. What are you doing tomorrow? Going to the gym I hope. Getting your life to where you want it to be I hope. Doing whatever it is that makes you happy I hope. I for one, will be perfect.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woah, some nice points.

Although I wouldn't agree on everything you said, the basic 6 principles are spot on! It's so important to improve yourself- not just for the girls.

Well done :woo:

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right on, today I saw this guy in the bus and we locked eyes, after 5 minutes he looked away.

I feel like such a champ now...

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
really good post, but i don't like the lockin eye part. if i catch someone starin at me, i usually lock eyes for some seconds, then i turn around smirking, since i don't have enough time to look at someone i don't even care about getting to know

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
really good post, but i don't like the lockin eye part. if i catch someone starin at me, i usually lock eyes for some seconds, then i turn around smirking, since i don't have enough time to look at someone i don't even care about getting to know
nice one :)

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like that way of handling it. I think I'll try that from now on, otherwise I'll be getting into a lot more fights, which doesn't benefit me at all.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Corleone

Do you want to know why alpha males walk around all slowly like they own the place? Because they can't walk fast. They are too damn sore from working out.

Your post is pretty good, but that is one the dumbest statements i have ever heard.

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol! You know what, I have been called an alpha male, and know quite a few of them, and the fact of the matter is that it is the truth. When I just got done lifting for hours at the gym, I cant walk fast.

I am confident that my body can handle any challenges, and my legs and back are sore. I walk slowly, and surely. Every move is calculated. I know my body, and I know how to use it.

A lot of guys will slow down because they are tired. They dont sit in front of their computer all day talking sh!t about people. They actually get out there and use their bodies.

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
nah, I just need to drink more protein.

The Monkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The 5 quick truths to being a man

Originally posted by Levex
Your post is pretty good, but that is one the dumbest statements i have ever heard.
It is not. I once overworked my legs, and thus had to walk very slowly and carefully the next day at school. I was, of course, not complaining, and to everyone else it appeared like I thought I was the most awesome dude in the universe.

By the way, I am the most awesome dude in the universe.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. After leg day I walk like some kind of sissy.