Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 3 Second Rule Seems Good On Paper

Pimply_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I myself have used the 3 second rule to approaching women. However, I started quickly noticing its flaws.

Yes, it can be GREAT to approach a woman in 3 seconds upon first contact. But, there are drawbacks. For example:

Let's say you notice a woman and she notices you. You decide you don't find her attractive and don't wish to approach her. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY for the woman to know if you are "just an average frustrated chump who's too scared to approach her" or "Oh, he didn't approach me! I guess he's not interested."

In the former example, a woman could think you are just a shy scared little boy who is too scared to approach her even though you may just not want to talk to her!

In the latter example, the woman obviously has a huge ego and thinks she's so hot that she MUST be approached by everyone: "Oh he didn't approach me?!?! Doesn't he know how hot I am?!?!? Maybe I should approach him since he's different and not falling all over me like a princess."

The 3 second rule seems to work, but if you don't want to approach a girl, then the woman has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE if you are an 'AFC" or just "not that interested."

My question to you guys is, do you think a woman can tell the difference? If so, how?

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are not attracted to her then why are you worried about what she thinks of you?

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the question you've is neither a drawback nor relevant to the 3-second rule. The 3-second rule is intended to get you to approach before your F.E.A.R (false expectations appearing real) set in, not to shape a woman's perception of you. A drawback would be that she's hot from afar but far from hot and you don't realize that till you've walked up to her and beginning your approach.

If you don't intend to talk to her, the stranger's perception of you is simply a stranger's perception of you.

Pimply_Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
omega05 said:
if you are not attracted to her then why are you worried about what she thinks of you?
Touche. I expected that response from at least 1 person.

Maybe I should rephrase it. Let's say you are single. Women think they can "have any single guy like candy" if they just ask. Since single men are not in relationships, they think they are desperate for sex and this is why women don't give it up right away to single men.

How do you get a woman to think "Well, even if he is single, he might turn me down if I asked him" vs. "He's obviously a chump. He would say yes so fast if I asked him."

If you are single, how do you get them to think the former way about you instead of the latter?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP: how stoned were you when you wrote this thread?

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimply_Pimp said:
Touche. I expected that response from at least 1 person.

Maybe I should rephrase it. Let's say you are single. Women think they can "have any single guy like candy" if they just ask. Since single men are not in relationships, they think they are desperate for sex and this is why women don't give it up right away to single men.

How do you get a woman to think "Well, even if he is single, he might turn me down if I asked him" vs. "He's obviously a chump. He would say yes so fast if I asked him."

If you are single, how do you get them to think the former way about you instead of the latter?
By genuinely being a guy with dating options and not faking it. A single man with options is similar to the guy in a relationship based on the premise that prospective women are not the first option. If you have no options and are trying to ask how to create the appearance of having options? By having friends, hobbies, etc. that super-cede the prospective women in order of importance. The effect in this scenario is that spending time with the women isn't the first and only option/priority on your itinerary, similar to the other scenarios as well. Those activities will often become date ideas e.g. going hiking, batting cages, driving range, etc.

If you're asking how to get women to approach you... I have no clue

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimply_Pimp said:
Not at all, why? Do I type like a stoner or something? :cry:
Yes. Not the way you type, they way you are thinking about this. Everything you are questioning is either irrelevant or nonexistant. I dont believe for a second that any girl would wonder why a certain guy doesnt approach her. Unless she was instantly attracted to him, it wouldnt cross her mind at all. Contrary to popular belief, (most) girls dont just get hit on constantly, and dont wonder why. Its nothing new to her. every day its the same thing for a hot chick. She always sees guys checking her out, but hardly any of them approach her, and most of them are retards.

If you aren't interested in her, why would you give a squirt of piss if/what she thinks about that. If you arent approaching her, you are just a random person. If she notices you staring at her and not approaching, she knows you find her attractive, but thinks you are too scared, or creepy.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
come on man. the whole theory behind the 3 second approach is that it gets you to march right up to a chick and say hi to her without talking yourself out of it. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT SHE THINKS ABOUT YOU OR WHY YOU DID/DID NOT APRROACH HER. WHO CARES!!?!?

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimply_Pimp said:
Not at all, why? Do I type like a stoner or something? :cry:
YES!
You make no fokn sense whatsoever!
Are you asking how to make a hot woman you're not interested in be interested in you without her thinking you havent approached her because you're an AFC?

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol...basically the OP wants to find a way to let ugly girls know that the reason he didnt approach them was because he isnt attracted to them avoiding being perceived as an AFC by them.

Retarded thread. OP you lower the IQ of the readers here with a thread like this

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimply_Pimp said:
I myself have used the 3 second rule to approaching women. However, I started quickly noticing its flaws.

Yes, it can be GREAT to approach a woman in 3 seconds upon first contact. But, there are drawbacks. For example:

Let's say you notice a woman and she notices you. You decide you don't find her attractive and don't wish to approach her. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY for the woman to know if you are "just an average frustrated chump who's too scared to approach her" or "Oh, he didn't approach me! I guess he's not interested."

In the former example, a woman could think you are just a shy scared little boy who is too scared to approach her even though you may just not want to talk to her!

In the latter example, the woman obviously has a huge ego and thinks she's so hot that she MUST be approached by everyone: "Oh he didn't approach me?!?! Doesn't he know how hot I am?!?!? Maybe I should approach him since he's different and not falling all over me like a princess."

The 3 second rule seems to work, but if you don't want to approach a girl, then the woman has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE if you are an 'AFC" or just "not that interested."

My question to you guys is, do you think a woman can tell the difference? If so, how?

This is not a flaw in the 3 Second Rule

This is a flaw in your mental outlook...... your too concerned with what girls think of you.

Who cares if you make EC with a girl and then realize you don't find her attractive?

There are flaws to the 3 Second Rule; this is definitely not one of them

PIMP

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Juan said:
The 3-second rule is intended to get you to approach before your F.E.A.R (false expectations appearing real) QUOTE]
I thought F.E.A.R was (First encounter assault recon) hahaha.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea dude if u like a chick then to put urself in the best advantage is to approach her right away, anything else is kind of being a stalker like most guys. it takes just some amount of nerve and impulse..which is why it's a 3 second rule.