Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 20% OLD Rule

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kind of a big data and numbers guy and came up with this after a fair amount of dates, lays and plate spinning off OLD. This is a general rule that more often than not turns out to be true.. I'm aware there are exceptions to this rule (and every other rule). I've met up with chicks from OLD and been pleasantly surprised to find they actually look better in person. This is rare. This is no gripe against OLD. It just is what it is. I do fine on OLD, and source girls outside of OLD too so this isn't a complaint.

The 20% rule is this:

Women believe there sexual market value is 20% higher higher than it actually is AND the woman will be 20% less attractive in real life than their OLD pictures suggest.

Broken down, it looks like this for women on OLD:

Women believe their sexual market value is actually 20% higher than it actually is.

I.E a girl on OLD who is a 6 actually believes herself to be a 7.2 (6*1.2). Most people already know the reasons. On OLD, depending on what information you've read is anywhere between a 6:1 or 9:1 male to female ratio. So, desperate guys have given them far more positive attention than they deserve. They would not get this same attention where ratios are more balanced.

Women are 20% less attractive in real life than their pictures make them out to be.

They have taken massive amounts of pictures, gotten all of the angles just right, somehow concealing a lot of body fat. So, if they appear to be a 7 online, they are actually going to be a 5.6 (7 *.8) in person. I went out with a girl last night and it just surprised me how well she pulled it off. In her pictures, her arms looked thin and toned, which to me suggested a trimmer, athletic looking girl. When we met, she was carrying extra weight in her ass and thighs. Her face looked more bloated in person.

So, these factors obviously create a woman that has a highly inflated view of herself. Men then give them far more attention than they deserve compounding the problem. ..

Last edited:

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the PHD thread mentioned many women who think they're 9's, but actually 4's - 49ers.

but yes, ultimately I expect its the attention they get all the time that causes it.

remember a fat girl at work who used to take the p1ss out of herself around getting fatter and fatter, then would followup with well I don;t need to watch what I eat or workout as I'm still getting laid all the time.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i always insist that they take a current picture and send it to me before we meet. Women know all the angles and will take dozens of pictures trying to find one that shows off the most flattering angle but if you inspect it good you can usually get a sense of what shes trying to hide and how bad it is.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20%?

you really don't know the power a bath does to woman apearance

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it's sad that girls now can hide behind layers of clothing and big jackets/sweaters in the winter and dresses in the summer. Dresses are the ultimate camouflage for fatties these days. :down:

Here's what I do to minimize any surprises and waste time.

I try to look to see if she has any instagram linked and look for the worst pic or body pic.

If I get her to switch to phone texting, I'll look up her number and extract her full name and look it up on FB to see if she's had any recent postings of her.

Also you can always facetime her as @Hamurabimbi indicated or video chat her through some dating apps to get a more accurate representation before you even step foot out the door.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kind of a big data and numbers guy and came up with this after a fair amount of dates, lays and plate spinning off OLD. This is a general rule that more often than not turns out to be true.. I'm aware there are exceptions to this rule (and every other rule). I've met up with chicks from OLD and been pleasantly surprised to find they actually look better in person. This is rare. This is no gripe against OLD. It just is what it is. I do fine on OLD, and source girls outside of OLD too so this isn't a complaint.

The 20% rule is this:

Women believe there sexual market value is 20% higher higher than it actually is AND the woman will be 20% less attractive in real life than their OLD pictures suggest.

Women believe their sexual market value is actually 20% higher than it actually is.

I.E a girl on OLD who is a 6 actually believes herself to be a 7.2 (6*1.2). Most people already know the reasons. On OLD, depending on what information you've read is anywhere between a 6:1 or 9:1 male to female ratio. So, desperate guys have given them far more positive attention than they deserve. They would not get this same attention where ratios are more balanced.

Women are 20% less attractive in real life than their pictures make them out to be.

They have taken massive amounts of pictures, gotten all of the angles just right, somehow concealing a lot of body fat. So, if they appear to be a 7 online, they are actually going to be a 5.6 (7 *.8) in person. I went out with a girl last night and it just surprised me how well she pulled it off. In her pictures, her arms looked thin and toned, which to me suggested a trimmer, athletic looking girl. When we met, she was carrying extra weight in her ass and thighs. Her face looked more bloated in person.

So, these factors obviously create a woman that has a highly inflated view of herself. Men then give them far more attention than they deserve compounding the problem. ..
Haha this is a pretty legit analysis!

And yes, now you know you need to match and pursue a girl that is a 9 or 10 so you can get at least a 7.

But joking aside, catfishing is just straight up disrespectful and downright dumb. This is just putting herself in a bad spot. While some men will be gentlemanly and not say anything offensive but quickly remove themselves from the date, some men might be very upset, call her out and humiliate her in public.

Truth is, we advise quitting online dating altogether. Truth be told, you are dealing 99% of the time with low-hanging fruit. Think about it. Needless to say, we believe online dating just isn't productive or worth your time. You are better off having some cojones and approaching women in real life (we know the pandemic changed things a bit, to say the least) but we are kind of getting back to normal so go out there. That creates real confidence and you will have a better chance at coming across good mates. And you will see first hand what they look like and feel their vibe.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Modern Man Advice

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like what tom hanks did with Sally Fields in "You've got mail" she sat in a pub at a table with a red rose.
He came and checked her out thru the window. Brilliant.. Don't know if I could pull that off?

Nycmfer

Don Juan
Reaction score

The 20% rule is this:

[/QUOT
If you sit around playing stats on who is attractive and waiting for tens, you'll find yourself without chicks. The best thing to do is stay active, date 6's and 7's Don't use your data as an excuse for not meeting women online. It is what it is. When that 10 comes, you will have your A game going for your alleged dream girl. Many of those 6's and 7's are better in bed, and have better personalities. Looks aren't everything.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where in my post does it say I'm using data as an excuse? I said I use OLD and do fine on it. OLD is what it is. I have no gripes or complaints about it. It's not my main way of sourcing girls. It's just another tool in the tool box.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never will match with a chick who does not have at least one body shot. These chicks have learned to get the perfect angle of just their upper bodies and face to make them look far more attractive and in shape than they really are. Then when we get in person they many times are a good deal heavier than they looked. I have never understood why they do this since a man isn't going to really be all that excited when he gets in person and sees she doesn't look like what her pics showed.

Also, if she has nothing but pics with filters I always swipe left. Either crazy or not good looking and using the filters to hide her looks.

I agree with the earlier advice -- always judge her on her worst photo she has. Even then, don't expect her to look that good when you meet in person. A lot of these chicks photos generally seem to be 2-3 years old (especially if they are over 30).

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had some horrible experiences when I started OLD 8 Years Ago. Learned it the hard way.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had some horrible experiences when I started OLD 8 Years Ago. Learned it the hard way.
What part of Germany are you in? I have some questions since we don't have many German members on here.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in the state Hessen . You probably know Frankfurt am Main. About 60 miles north is where I am living.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in the state Hessen . You probably know Frankfurt am Main. About 60 miles north is where I am living.
I'm not familiar with your state but I'm familiar with Frankfurt.

With Germany having legal prostitution and so many sex workers, I was wondering how the dating market is there since guys that just want sex can conveniently pay for it at any time. So does that mean guys that do online dating there are actually looking for girlfriend or some kind of partner for more than sex?

I think if prostitution were legal in the states, there would be a lot less male thirst and the level of entitlement from females would be lower.

I'd be curious on your thoughts and observations being over in Germany.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with your state but I'm familiar with Frankfurt.

With Germany having legal prostitution and so many sex workers, I was wondering how the dating market is there since guys that just want sex can conveniently pay for it at any time. So does that mean guys that do online dating there are actually looking for girlfriend or some kind of partner for more than sex?

I think if prostitution were legal in the states, there would be a lot less male thirst and the level of entitlement from females would be lower.

I'd be curious on your thoughts and observations being over in Germany.
Well, I wouldn't say that the level of thrist is less over here. Yeah I could pay to **** a 9 or 10 but this isn't worth my money. These dimes want 300,400 euros and above for an hour, and right now I am not ready to pay for sex. And the other dimes get snatched by men who have many followers on IG , and since I don't have social media and I am not rich, I have to go out and game on Sevens and eights. That's how it works for me. Deleted Tinder several times. They don't even look like their pictures in real life, but demanding a high end male. So no OLD for me. But I have to admit we have some sex clubs that are great. SPA, Sauna, pool , buffet and all you can drink for 60 Euro ( with 1 ****) . Woman wise no ones above average lookin in these clubs .

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once had a girl which was good looking, I would say a seven on pictures . Talked for a bit and it came out that she got an 2 year old son(she was 21). That's a no go for me but I kept talking cause I didn't want to be rude . Later on she asked me how tall I was. I answered 181 cm. She was like "mhhh, I, usually like taller guys, but I can make an exception. This blew my mind. I deleted tinder and I am not planning to install it one day. They are ALL delusional.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
When i first started out with OLD, i always wondered why they looked like a completely different person in group pictures. Once i met them it all became clear.