"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Thanks to the Veterans

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
355
Reaction score
2
Location
Boston, MA
This is also to all those veterans who have been giving good advice and tolerating my goofy posts. Slickster is just one of many who provided invaluable advice along with, Water Tiger, CLOONEY, PRL, TCU, and some others I probably forgot. I just want to thank you guys for giving me all that advice and tolerating my, sometimes pathetic posts.

I know that things haven't been panning out quite the way I want them in the dating scene, but I feel so internally positive and hungry to learn. I analyzed my mistakes and I want another go with a new girl to practice on. Sure, with the most recent girl, I feel like I got kind of kicked in the noggin for her chosing another guy, but after this interaction, I feel more confident that there will be another girl around the corner. In the past, I would have felt I was alone and abandoned. Now I realize that its just the odds that things in dating may not work out, its just dating.

Have you guys noticed, that (if at first dating bothered you) as you went along, with each subsequent flake out or kick in the ballz, you felt less pain and needed less recovery time to get over it?

The girl I just dated was 34yo, a doctor, but she was about a 6 when she could go for a 7 if she dressed up. There is no reason for me to feel F'ed up cuz she found someone else she clicked with better. Its her loss.

Over the past semester at grad school, I've made a few new friends, who are more outgoing and confident. In the past I would make friends with introvert loners. I could see one of my new friends as a DJ mentor to me.

I know I've only dated a handful of girls this year, so far. Pathetic as it may sound to some of you, its an achievement for me, and I looking forward to really ramping it up.

A HOT babe in my class recently invited me to her girlfriend's party. I am REALLY excited becuase this is a great opportunity to bring actuall hot girls in my social circle - something I'd never dream of just a few years ago. We're also going on a trip to Europe together for a class.

A few years ago, an HB8, the best looking girl at work, dropped me a hint to go out, and I didn't react because I though she was out of my league! Pathetic, but you can see I have come along way.

This summer, I read a citation for my cousin's wedding in front of 300 people, again, something I'd never dreamed of doing. From practicing presentations all the time at B school, I became great at it, and people still compliment me on it today.

I know these boards may sound mundane to the veterans after awhile, but I am working on it and evolving. Your advice and this site really does work. I just wanted to post something positive and thank you guys. :p I don't know who the F you guys really are, or he the hell started this site but really is beginning to change my life.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
that's great that you are changing man. It's a great feeling isnt it- the transformation from AFC to DJ.
or even DJ to better DJ.

just keep at it, and have confidence and faith!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Genghis, you must realize that women chose their mate based on various factors whereas men tend to choose their mate by only one factor "looks" or the physical realm.

If a woman rejects you it is not always based on looks, as you may assume - it may be something unrelated to your physical structure. So don't let rejection affect your self-esteem or see yourself as less than worthy and assume that you don't have the physical attributes to attract a woman.

You don't keep company with every woman that wants your company so why should every woman keep company with you just because you want her to?

Don't be your worst enemy and see yourself as not worthy! Every approach is a new approach and must be executed with the same vigor and enthusiasm as your first approach without all the past negative experiences affecting your confidence.

If a woman "chooses" someone else over you than move on to the next victim. I mean next candidate - didn't you choose her over another girl? Did other girls complain and say why did he choose her and not me?? It is our, as men, and a woman's prerogative to be with whom we choose - accept this!!
 
Top