Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thanks taking day

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thursday we as a country will get together with loved ones and celebrate the day that we buttered up the Indians before we ****ed them in the ass by taking all their land

I have legit Indian heritage and on my father's side it's not a holiday that's celebrated.

**** the pilgrims

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a christian, but that doesn't stop me from celebrating Christmas either.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Politics aside, I wonder how things would have turned out if the white people had all been nice, friendly guys. Assimilation with the Indians would have caused them to die out faster from the diseases being brought from Europe. That could have been even worse for them.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatuey
Hatuey showed the Taíno of Caobana a basket of gold and jewels, saying: Here is the God the Spaniards worship. For these they fight and kill; for these they persecute us and that is why we have to throw them into the sea... They tell us, these tyrants, that they adore a God of peace and equality, and yet they usurp our land and make us their slaves. They speak to us of an immortal soul and of their eternal rewards and punishments, and yet they rob our belongings, seduce our women, violate our daughters. Incapable of matching us in valor, these cowards cover themselves with iron that our weapons cannot break..

On February 2, 1512, he was tied to a stake and burned alive. Before he was burned, a priest asked Hatuey if he would accept Jesus and go to heaven. Las Casas recalled the reaction of the chief:

[Hatuey], thinking a little, asked the religious man if Spaniards went to heaven. The religious man answered yes... The chief then said without further thought that he did not want to go there but to hell so as not to be where they were and where he would not see such cruel people. This is the name and honor that God and our faith have earned.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All history is filtered through barely remembered events and re-interpretations.

Here's a brief history of the world:

Strong people kill weak people and then claim to be the good guys.

Here's another thought. If white people had been friendly nice guys, they wouldn't have FORCED the industrial revolution on the rest of the world.

And there would be a lot less people.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nations and tribes have been conquering, killing and enslaving other nations and tribes, since the dawn of time. Today, I am thankful for the amoral men before me that afford the majority of us the luxury to define what virtue means to each of us on a civilized/metaphorical level, without ever having to demonstrate virtue in it's purist sense, virtus.

Last edited:

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's always gotta be that guy...

It's a day we celebrate family, friends, and the bounties we are blessed with through God, Fortune, and/or Chance. It's one of the better ideas for a holiday if we're really talking about it.

Why sh!t on that? Have you ever been to a Thanksgiving Dinner where people toast the Genocide of Native Americans or say Grace to Custer? Me neither. Usually the only one taking pleasure in talking about it is "that guy." Funny that.