Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thank you's as good excuses for dates?

Sina94

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my girl friends just dyed my hair for me. Is a thank you a good excuse for a date or something?

freshintake

Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont need an excuse to ask her out, just do it. It sounds like she is your friend so that might make is a little more difficult. Do it casually like its not a big deal.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
No, she's sending you a subliminable message that you should kill yourself.

If you need an excuse to go on a date, that is a weak close. Weak closes are for AFCs.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no such thing as a weak close. What's the difference between a weak close and a strong one? Nothing really. They both go after the same thing (a date/phone number.) DJ's close, AFC's beg. Yeah, there are "thank you" dates, but the question is, will she go for it because she wants to be your girlfriend, or because you are repaying her for something...

Sina94

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally somebody understands... And yeah, she's my friend and it makes it really difficult. There's all these chicks standin' around that I'd have no problem askin' out...but then I'd feel that I just give up on what I really want...

Some on the 1-on-1 convo we've had is great. But she always plays games with guys and I sit there and laugh. So you never really no if she's saying or doing stuff for laughs. But for some reason I think this is what I like about her...

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Crazykid, you are wrong. There is a huge difference between a weak close and a strong close.

Examples of a weak closes:
So...um...you wanna hang out some time?

Can I have your number?
or
Here's my number.

Examples of strong closes:
I've got to go, let me get your number.

I'm doing xxx at xxx, you should come with me.

A weak close shows that you don't have the balls to ask her for what you want directly. It shows you to be beta and supplicatory.

A stong close shows that you're alpha and non-supplicating.

Although the strongest close in the world will not work if you do not have the girl attracted to you, a weak close can lower her interest level. A strong close keeps it high.

Sina- You're turned on by her playing games with guys? That is chump behavior in the extreme my friend.

My advice to you: Ask her on a date, making no excuses. You're not doing something you need to make an excuse for. But make sure you don't supplicate and be sure as hell you don't pay for any of her stuff

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Superman X
Crazykid, you are wrong. There is a huge difference between a weak close and a strong close.
Alright, prove me wrong.

Examples of a weak closes:
So...um...you wanna hang out some time?

Can I have your number?
or
Here's my number.
How are those weak? You get the point across that you want to do something with her. As far as the "Here's my number," that's an AFC close, but that gets her thinking of you.

Examples of strong closes:
I've got to go, let me get your number.

I'm doing xxx at xxx, you should come with me.

Those are just different ways of getting what you want (her number/date.) How does it make it better then the ones before?

A weak close shows that you don't have the balls to ask her for what you want directly. It shows you to be beta and supplicatory.

A stong close shows that you're alpha and non-supplicating.

Although the strongest close in the world will not work if you do not have the girl attracted to you, a weak close can lower her interest level. A strong close keeps it high.
DING! I finally agree on something that you have said. The strongest close will NOT work unless she already has some attration to you. But here is where I disagree again...a weak close won't cause her to lose any interest, because you are diong something she is hoping for: you asked her out/got her number.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Let's get this party started

How are those weak? You get the point across that you want to do something with her. As far as the "Here's my number," that's an AFC close, but that gets her thinking of you.
You get across the point that you want to do something with her. However, you also communicate that you are weak, supplicatory and beta. The alpha male never ASKS a girl for anything, the alpha male TAKES what he wants.

Now, this is not to say that you should pressure a girl into doing anything with you. You can close strongly without pressuring. If she says no, don't whine or ask her to have "serious talks" or anything. (refer to DeepBlue's advice to Richard in the archive). Example:

You: Let me get your number

Her: I don't give out my number

You: Alright, see you later. (Obeys 3s rule and goes and talks to another girl).

Those are just different ways of getting what you want (her number/date.) How does it make it better then the ones before?
It is better because in the former you are asking. Asking is supplicatory. You put yourself at her mercy, you put the decision in her hands.

DING! I finally agree on something that you have said. The strongest close will NOT work unless she already has some attration to you. But here is where I disagree again...a weak close won't cause her to lose any interest, because you are diong something she is hoping for: you asked her out/got her number.
A weak close WILL lower her interest. Picture the following scenario.

SexPDX finds a girl at the club and starts working his JM game

He displays genuine value, gets wide rapport, etc.

The girl is feeling his game. She's ready for a one night stand right now.

Then PDX says:

"Um...well...[sweats nervously]...I was thinking...[bites nails] we could..[clears throat]...um, hang out sometime maybe? If you're okay with that I mean..."

Don't tell me the girl's interest level won't drop like Enron's stock price when she hears this.

By the way, obviously PDX would never say anything like that, its a purely hypothtical scenario.

Maybe there's a reason PDX would never say anything like that.

-GF