Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thank God! Biggest score of my life! MUST READ

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank God! Biggest score of my life! MUST READ- UPDATE, It's BAD

This is a MUST READ, chronicling the biggest day of my life concerning pick-up and women. The entire story is quite entertaining and motivating, with the actual pick-up following at the end. Comments and advice on my approach are much appreciated, as well as on what I should do in the future.

Today, me and my friends went to the mall for the "Pick-Up Game" that I was talking about yesterday. One friend and I were competiting to see who could get the most numbers in a day. Considering that neither of us have actually cold approached a girl (I always get SO close and then I just can't go up and talk to the girl), I figure beforehand that it will probably just be us walking around the mall for two and a half hours having fun with friends. At first, the one friend and I are the only ones there, while we wait for the third friend to show up (he's just there for fun and moral support). I spot one of my friends from football and we chat for a second...turns out, we're all there for the same reason, haha! What a surprise...

The third friend arrives, and my competitor and I have a "coin toss" to determine who approaches first. Thank GOD I won the coin toss, because I knew he wouldn't ever go, leaving me free of ridicule for my lack of stones. I give my friend a time and a half for a good forty minutes, while running into more friends of mine. We stop and have a blended coffee drink and reflect on his making the day a complete failure...jokingly, of course. We decide to go at "the same time"...impossible, I know. There is also a total lack of girls to game in the mall...things are looking bleak, and I know that this afternoon will end like every other attempt at pick-up over the last two futile years of walking malls, pools, ball-games, and God knows where else.

We are sitting on a ledge in the mall when I spot another friend of mine, let's call him John. We had talked about pick-up in the past, and although his methods are cheesy as a mother, he is one of the few guys who actually approach girls, so I consult him for some help on our little prediciment.

Throughout the day, we've been going in American Eagle, particulary for my looking at the girl greeting customers at the front. She is an easy HB9, and probably in college, by my best estimate. I'm a junior in HS, but look old and mature for my age. I've been thinking of talking to this chick, and wanting to all day. I've probably been in there two or three times "browsing" before talking with John, and the most I've spoken to the girl is the customary "Hey, how ya doing" when she greets us while entering.

My friend in competition and I talk with John about our problems talking to girls, and he gives us a pep talk and advice. I know now that I probably won't say anything, as this is scarier than running routes against 275 pound linebackers on Fridays, but that the game will now be in my hands, as I have expressed my interest in the girl at AE. The group now follows me down to AE, and I go in the store, saying hi to the girl again, but, alas, nothing more. I was expecting my friends to follow me in, but there they stand out front leaving me in the store, alone on an island. Nuts!

I phone my friend and tell him to get his a$s in the store. They all come and ask me what the heck I'm doing, and...I have no answer. The friend from football comes in, and after listening to my prediciment and looking at the girl I want, laughs and says I don't have a snowball's shot in hell. I only wish he would have stayed around, for he missed a show.

I enter and re-enter AE twice more, with NO more sacking up to do. The last trip, I dared my competition friend to speak to her himself. He says something, I hear, as I had my back turned in embarassment. He was looking at some wallet, and the alarm thing at the front rang. I guess he did talk to her. More than I can say. In total disgust, I exit American Eagle and sit down at tables in front of the store with John, my competition friend, and the other friend there for fun. There, John had a heart-to-heart with me, and I was having a complete breakdown. I was forgetting everything I've ever learned, I was like a small child without floaties in the Atlantic Ocean. They wanted me to approach. I wanted to approach, SOOO badly. I wanted this girl. But I also knew I couldn't do it. I knew I couldn't approach though. I never could. I'd tried for two years to do this, and I knew that I didn't have it in me. I knew I'd go home sad, defeated, and again, wonder what I could have done.

He tells me what to say..."My friends dared me to talk to the most beautiful girl in the mall. How about we go and get something to eat on your break with their money." I was nervous out of my mind, as I was actually entertaining the thought of doing this! I was rehearsing the line with John and my other friends, and I was doing AWFUL! It was the Miss South Carolina moment of pick-up. I wasn't making eye contact, I was figeting, I COULDN'T SPEAK! I actually said, "How about we go do something with your money during work." AND THIS WAS REHEARSING WITH MY FRIENDS! I could only imagine what would happen when I actually spoke to this stunning girl. In retrospect, my jumbled lines were completely hilarious, but at the moment felt like the biggest meltdown in the universe. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't do anything.

They had me rehearsing a new line...since I couldn't handle the thought of an insta-date. The new magic words were "Congratulations, you've won the award for being the most beautiful girl working in the mall. If you give me your name and number, I'll enter you in a contest to win an all-expense paid date with me." I couldn't imagine doing this, and I couldn't even keep a straight face while rehearsing with friends. But John and the others believed in me, and kept me going. I am exceptionally grateful for their friendship and support. John had me go to GNC and practice on an actual girl that works there, that he knows. I spilled the beans to her about what I was doing, and the line had her in stitches. Although it wasn't a real approach, since she was in on it, I now had my practice swing in. The laugh made me wonder the validity of the line...but I was going to just spin it with humor, I assume.

By this time, I WANT to finally sack up and do something. I want this chick! She is hot, and she is mine. I get the idea in my head that I am going to do it finally. That I will speak to this girl, and NOT stop this time. No matter what. I will finally take what I want. We get to the store...and my friend points her out, in the corner of the store, in the front, right next to the window so all my friends get to watch the magic that unfolds right before their eyes. I go in, and without hesitation, make my first approach, with all on the line.

What follows is quite possibly the greatesst clutch moment of my life, and one that I wish you all could have seen in person. I, as well as my friends, will remember this first time for a very, very long time.

*Excuse all the haha’s…I’m including the laughs to give you guys an idea of the fun energy involved*

Me: There you are again!
Her: Haha, yeah you keep coming back to see me
Me: You caught me, I can’t help it!
Her: So, how’s it going?
Me: Good! What’s your name?
Her: ---
Me: *some other name, I couldn’t understand the name well”?
Her: No, ---
Me: Oh, sorry! Haha.
Her: That’s cool!
Me: Well, I wanted to congratulate you
Her: Haha, for what?
Me: Well, I’ve been thinking about it, and you’ve won the award for being the prettiest girl in the mall!
Her: Hahahaha! Thanks
Me: Was that funny enough?
Her: Haha, yeah
Me: Wait though, there’s more! If you give me your name and number, I’ll enter you in a contest to win an all expense paid date with me! Haha
Her: Haha, great!
Me: Actually, my friends bet me that I couldn’t get your number
Her: Why’d they do that? Well, I like to prove people wrong, so I’ll give it to you.
Me: I don’t know! I said you looked like you were nice
Her: I am nice!
Me: That’s what I thought! Are you fun to talk to also?
Her: Yeah, I’m pretty easy going, unless you piss me off or anything.
Me: Uh-oh, I better watch out, haha! I can’t be like my friend and steal stuff!
Her: Haha, nah, I’m pretty cool. Was he the one that set off the thing, the one that bet you?
Me: Haha, no, that was all of them
Her: What’s your name again?
Me: -----
Her: Ohh, you told me that. I’m sorry!
Me: That’s cool
Her: I’m bad with names
Me: Haha, I am too. If we’re hanging out, you’ll be calling me Tyler and I’ll be calling you Sheri or something
Her: Haha, yeah!
Me: *Entering her number in my phone* So, how do you spell your name now?
Her: _ _ _ _
Me: What’s your number?
Her: ***-****
Me: Cool. I’ll call you sometime!
Her: See ya later!

As of now, I'm not entirely sure where to go with this interaction, and can always use some feedback on the approach.

I have an extra ticket to the Tennessee college football game this weekend, and I am thinking about calling her and asking her to come. Too early? You tell me. I definately need help on where to go with this, although I would love that date idea. Thanks for reading this long post, and for all your support thusfar in my journey, which is obviously just beginning.

Update: I called her!!!! My fun is now over. I hate myself for being a stupid, stupid man. There is still hope. I can rebound. Read it and help.

Last edited:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the biggest score of your life should be living life, not something wet and pink

Tantric

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool...

No matter how nervous you may have been, you were funny and she respnded well.

The above comment makes sense as you had her on a pedastal. You MUST kick that in the a$$!! She is just a GIRL.

It is hard to tell interest level so early (for all you know she could have been approached by 3 other guys and gae her numebr to each one).

The only thing I would comment on is the last line. I always say, "I'm pretty busy for the next couple of days, but i'll call you on Thursday (or whatever day is approl.x 3-4 days from then). That gives the impression you have a life and something more exciting ;). Even if you have "no plans" i would say it anyway.

You are a man. You went in their knowing what you want and you went for it. Continue in this way.

Let us know what happens, but WATCH the Pedastal!!! her looks mean NOTHING if her personality sucks!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
the biggest score of your life should be living life, not something wet and pink
^^^True...

However, well done. You overcame your approach anxiety and that is a huge step, my man. Now do that about a few hundred times more! I would be inclined to not take her to that game. You're riding a high right now and perhaps may not be thinking clearly. If I understand you correctly, there might be some travel involved with the game? Bad idea IMO.

I am not so sure about the "all expenses paid" routine. She might see this as an opportunity to bleed you of your hard-earned money. Take it easy, go get some coffee or something with her. Keep it light and fun. You don't want to put yourself in a position where you have to be "on" for a long period of time, especially since you were so nervous to talk to her in the first place. Get to know a little about her first: her likes, dislikes, etc. Make sure you keep your first date short (unless it goes really well, then you can proceed accordingly). Don't appear so eager. I wish you the best of luck with this woman.

Westwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok that's a really ballsy story, that's so great. Like seriously you must feel great after doing that.

I just want to know how could you say something like" Well, I’ve been thinking about it, and you’ve won the award for being the prettiest girl in the mall! " That's so awesome.

I'd think like after 3 days u could ask her to go.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
Me: There you are again!
Her: Haha, yeah you keep coming back to see me
Me: You caught me, I can’t help it!

I realize it was your first cold approach, which you should feel great for conquering, but going into the store 10,0000x's was not a good move. She already knew you wanted her after the 2nd-3rd time you went in there.

Her: So, how’s it going?
Me: Good! What’s your name?
Her: ---
Me: *some other name, I couldn’t understand the name well”?
Her: No, ---
Me: Oh, sorry! Haha.
Her: That’s cool!
Me: Well, I wanted to congratulate you
Her: Haha, for what?
Me: Well, I’ve been thinking about it, and you’ve won the award for being the prettiest girl in the mall!

While this line could come off as humorous and quirky, it also puts this girl on a huge ego inflated cloud as others have already mentioned. Don't do that in the future, girls gain self-esteem from their looks, when you don't validate their outer appearence like every other chump it intrigues them.

Her: Hahahaha! Thanks
Me: Was that funny enough?

Another bad line here. Your basically sh**tin' on yourself here, asking for her approval on your lines. Not good, not good at all!! This shows extreme insecurity and a major lack of self-confidence.

Her: Haha, yeah
Me: Wait though, there’s more! If you give me your name and number, I’ll enter you in a contest to win an all expense paid date with me! Haha
Her: Haha, great!
Me: Actually, my friends bet me that I couldn’t get your number

Another bad line. Its almost as if you believed that you aren't worthy of getting her number, so your trying to explailn your gimmick just so she'll give you her number. When in actuality it looked like she was going to give it to you anyways. Don't shy away from what you want, men take what they want with no regrets.

Her: Why’d they do that? Well, I like to prove people wrong, so I’ll give it to you.
Me: I don’t know! I said you looked like you were nice
Her: I am nice!
Me: That’s what I thought! Are you fun to talk to also?

This was good, you shifted the frame over to you and controlled it here briefly.

Her: Yeah, I’m pretty easy going, unless you piss me off or anything.
Me: Uh-oh, I better watch out, haha! I can’t be like my friend and steal stuff!
Her: Haha, nah, I’m pretty cool. Was he the one that set off the thing, the one that bet you?
Me: Haha, no, that was all of them
Her: What’s your name again?

Not a good sign, unless you have a name that's hard to pronounce. A girl with high interest doesn't forget the name of the guy who she's attracted to.

Me: -----
Her: Ohh, you told me that. I’m sorry!
Me: That’s cool
Her: I’m bad with names
Me: Haha, I am too. If we’re hanging out, you’ll be calling me Tyler and I’ll be calling you Sheri or something
Her: Haha, yeah!
Me: *Entering her number in my phone* So, how do you spell your name now?
Her: _ _ _ _
Me: What’s your number?
Her: ***-****
Me: Cool. I’ll call you sometime!
Her: See ya later!

As of now, I'm not entirely sure where to go with this interaction, and can always use some feedback on the approach.

I have an extra ticket to the Tennessee college football game this weekend, and I am thinking about calling her and asking her to come. Too early? You tell me. I definately need help on where to go with this, although I would love that date idea. Thanks for reading this long post, and for all your support thusfar in my journey, which is obviously just beginning.

Looks like I caught this thread a little late, but I would NOT have taken her to the football game. Instead I would suggest calling her up on a weekday night, and set up some type of action date with her. This will be fun, competitve and exciting. However, based on the approach your ride might end before it begins. Based on the approach I'd be suprised if she goes out with you, unless she was highly physically attracted to you.

PIMP

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't asked her to the football game yet...it's only a twenty minute ride, but...still, I'm glad I asked first...since it doesn't seem to be the best of ideas now

Action dates would be nice...but...to be honest, I've never been on a date before. Would you suggest something like...actually, I'm not sure what to think of

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
^^^True...

However, well done. You overcame your approach anxiety and that is a huge step, my man. Now do that about a few hundred times more! I would be inclined to not take her to that game. You're riding a high right now and perhaps may not be thinking clearly. If I understand you correctly, there might be some travel involved with the game? Bad idea IMO.

I am not so sure about the "all expenses paid" routine. She might see this as an opportunity to bleed you of your hard-earned money. Take it easy, go get some coffee or something with her. Keep it light and fun. You don't want to put yourself in a position where you have to be "on" for a long period of time, especially since you were so nervous to talk to her in the first place. Get to know a little about her first: her likes, dislikes, etc. Make sure you keep your first date short (unless it goes really well, then you can proceed accordingly). Don't appear so eager. I wish you the best of luck with this woman.
The ride is only like twenty minutes to the game...but may not be the best idea...what are the best alternatives?

BigPoppa

Don Juan
Reaction score
by "all expense" it means that she pays for everything, not the other way around which is "no expense"

by the way, good job on the approach, you should do even more apporaches so this won't be the only girl that's on your mind

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
The ride is only like twenty minutes to the game...but may not be the best idea...what are the best alternatives?
You really can't go wrong with going out for coffee. It's in a public place, so she feels comfortable. At the same time, both of you can find a quiet spot to chat. If things begin to go south, you can safely and politely eject in this scenario. I wouldn't suggest any sort of "action date," whatever the heck that is. You need to focus on building attraction and rapport, and that can't be done playing laser tag or whatever. Just ask her lots of questions (people like to talk about themselves), make good eye contact, drop kino at opportune moments, and be funny when you can. Don't force it. Just be yourself. Good luck, and be sure to let us know what happens either way. Peace.

The_Opera

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with taking her to the game (besides the fact that the vols are going to lose :)). Just tell her you have an extra ticket and you'll be willing to take her if she promises to buy you something at the concessions or something like that.

Who doesn't like going out to a football game? It's fun, active, public, etc. Just ask her on the phone is she cares about football, if she's a Tennessee fan, crap like that and ask her to go then. If not, ask her to go to lunch (I'm not a coffee person but I don't mind a nice lunch).

Or maybe that's just what I'd do because a football game would be my idea of a great date...:rockon:

gj on the number

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn it!!

I'm starting to freeze up again now that it's time to call her...

I thought I had won with the number...the hard part's not even over yet. God Almighty!!

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
Damn it!!

I'm starting to freeze up again now that it's time to call her...

I thought I had won with the number...the hard part's not even over yet. God Almighty!!

Like I said before, you should feel absolutely proud of yourself for approaching and # closing. However, unless you get her out with you, numbers don't mean much. Great date ideas include; working out, mini-golf, bowling, swimming, hot tub, carnivals, etc. Anywhere where the focus of the date is on the event and not just on you two. Also don't go somewhere where its going to be extremely loud (football game) because your not going to be able to hear jack-shi*t.

PIMP

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus!!!!!!!!

I'm a stupid, stupid man. I just called. My first time calling a girl. No excuse at all. I blew it like Monica Lewinski.

Her: Hey
Me: Shay?
Her: Yeah
Me: It's ______
Her: Oh, hey!
Me: How's it going?
Her: Oh it's going ok
Me: That's good to hear...
Her: How's it going with you?
Me: It's going good!
Her: Cool!
Me: I've got a question for you here real quick...
Her: Haha...yeah
Me: Are you a football fan
Her: Yeah
Me: A Vols fan?
Her: What? *I guess she couldn't hear me...idfk*
Me: A Tennessee Vols fan?
Her: Oh, yeah
Me: Well, get this. My friend and I usually go to the UT games, and he's going to be gone this weekend...would you like to come with me?
Her: Well...I don't know if i can. I may be going out of town this weekend
Me: Oh really..when?
Her: Maybe Friday night...
Me: Well...call me...or I'll call you later this week and maybe we can work something out
Her: Okay
Me: See ya later
Her: Bye

I had a sh!t load of funny stuff to say, but I forgot it all when I called. I was going to bust on her for saying she was bad with names and then knowing who I am..and tons of other stuff...I get nervous on the phone...I don't use the phone...I should have texted...I shouldn't have been a moron when I called...I am a stupid, stupid man.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm slightly over my temper tantrum now.

But thanks to my own stupidity, I've blown my shot at a great girl.

I'm still going to get this girl.

BUT

I don't want to do anything rash in the heat of the moment...how should I approach this? Call her back? Text her? Go see her in the store? Make conversation? Suggest a bowling date? Forget the game?

Idk....I'm lost....and not a happy camper