Thai Boxe helping me getting bigger?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
As many of you already know, I stopped lifting in June due to a pretty serious incident with my MTB. During the summer, I was too busy with the exams and moving to a new town. Then I went on holiday and when I came back, I noticed I had grown a bit taller, so I decided to stop fooling around with weights in order to see if I become taller.

Anyway, during this period, I've started Thai Boxing at home. Well, it's nothing serious, I train 45-60 minutes a day from Sunday to Thursday (I spend weekends at my girlfriend's in my old town, so I consider them rest days).

I started about a month ago and since then I've gained 5-6 lbs with no visible fat gains. My shoulders look broader too and my legs are definately bigger. Although I've completely stopped lifting, I'm still eating pretty much (mostly milk, I drink 2-3 liters a day).

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced muscle gains by Thai Boxing, when not a newbie anymore? I mean, if I was at the beginning, it could be very understandable to gain some muscles. But, thanks to weightlifting, I had already gained 20 lbs of mostly muscles in a couple of years.

david2006

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's normal... you started new type of exercise and your body had to get used to it, which in your case was through slight weight gain... I doubt tho that you'll keep on gaining weight... rather you'll probably stay at the same level or maybe get even more ripped (which will make you look more muscular)... I'd recommend doing some lifting tho for the power/explosiveness...