Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

textual relations

ss8

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
36
Humour me guys with an open mind and enlighten me with your experience. Long story short, I have been having a loooooooong text back and forth for over a month which has seemingly increased a connection and formed quite an intimate bond which goes against my understanding of text dynamics. Me and this girl are mature students at university who said practically **** all to each other but she was checking me out way to much to not be interested. We exchanged numbers over some assignment but I'm not THAT clueless as to know it was just a legitimate excuse for contact. Thing is the connection was nourished exclusively over text and sealing the deal is a dead cert just depending on logistics and actually setting a meet. Disclaimer 1. I know the obvious reaction is stop wasting time on some chick you're not even seeing let alone banging. 2. She's just getting a **** load of free validation and stringing you along. 3. Few red flags I'm aware of but I'm amused and curious nonetheless. My position is what the hell is ACTUALLY going on as she is way too involved and committed to this back and forth to just be a bit of validation. I am pretty sure she's not getting any elsewhere as I've got eyes and ears on her from others. This whole interaction goes against my common sense but there is something I can't quite pin down about it. Again, not seriously invested despite appearances but enjoying testing theories and conclusions to improve my knowledge of this whole dating game.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
Ask her out when you know she's free and go ghost on her immediately if she says no or anything which isn't conductive to working out a time with her
 

ss8

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
36
Sound advice. Have already begun the process of pulling away but I suspect that this play is far from over. Look forward with some curiosity to doing a little subtle detective work and finding out what was actually the deal. Then pack it in my travel bag and March on.
 
Top