Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Texting to build rapport

Fumbduck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl last weekend who is really cute, problem is she lives more than 8 hours from me. So, pursuing anything with her is pointless at this time. I would however like to keep in touch and build rapport since I may see her again in the future. She said she'd like to come back to visit, and I may go down to visit friends who live in her same town. Would be nice to chill with her again.

She was into me when we hung out over the weekend, didn't hookup but could have if my game was tighter, plenty of IOI's.

I'd like to build rapport through text/facebook; build up some comfort so should I ever see her in the future we could pick things up again ;)

How would you guys go about this?

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Fumbduck said:
I'd like to build rapport through text/facebook; build up some comfort so should I ever see her in the future we could pick things up again ;)

How would you guys go about this?
your right about not pursuing and LDR, however I think what you need to do is not build comfort, built attraction, intrigue, mystique, stay in touch by all means, you need to come over as if life is great, your having fun, and that she wants to be part of it, have other girls on your FB generate some jealousy.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
your right about not pursuing and LDR, however I think what you need to do is not build comfort, built attraction, intrigue, mystique, stay in touch by all means, you need to come over as if life is great, your having fun, and that she wants to be part of it, have other girls on your FB generate some jealousy.
So how do you build comfort, built attraction, intrigue, mystique through text?

P

perseverance

youngmack said:
You can't, so there's little point in trying.

Text messaging should only be used to send someone a quick message i.e. "Hello Polly, sorry I'm running late, my dog excreted on my mattress, won't be long, Dereck".

You can only really build rapport with someone through formal channels, face-to-face interaction.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd just add her on Facebook or something, and that way you might figure out when she's next going to be in your neck of the woods, which is of course when you strike.

You can also give her a witty status comment or something every few months so she doesn't completely forget who you are.

But of course, keep in mind that you have like a 2 percent chance of success :D

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youngmack said:
Built comfort, attraction, intrigue, and mystique through text? Hey, do you expect the phone to give you blow jobs too?

You build those things in person. In the OP's case, it's illogical to expect to build rapport with someone 8 hours away based on meeting them one time.

You can write the girl every now and then. But the easier, and more realistic approach is to find OTHER prospects close to home, and on the off chance that you make it back to her city soon, you text her and tell her you're around.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
You can't, so there's little point in trying
Yes you can.

This thread topic comes up at least once a week, mods should sticky an official texting game thread.

-Be interesting
-Be funny
-Be sexual (when it calls for it)
-Don't over text
-Don't be boring (no "whatsup?" type of texts)
-End the convo on a high note to leave her wanting more

In this day and age, texting is the main form of communication for young people. Whether it's facebook comments, texting, etc, it's all digital.

Rarely do I call people, men and women alike, and rarely do they call me.

Fact is, in this digital age, with the amount of attention women are getting in real life and via text, it is absolutely paramount to know how to text to keep you on her mind.

I spoke in great detail about this in another thread; I've taken luke warm interest girls and turned them into steaming hot interest level girls from text alone.

The game never changes. How you apply it does. If you can't be interesting, mysterious, funny, charming etc in person because you can't see her; do it via text. The game stays the same.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterD said:
Yes you can.

This thread topic comes up at least once a week, mods should sticky an official texting game thread.

-Be interesting
-Be funny
-Be sexual (when it calls for it)
-Don't over text
-Don't be boring (no "whatsup?" type of texts)
-End the convo on a high note to leave her wanting more

In this day and age, texting is the main form of communication for young people. Whether it's facebook comments, texting, etc, it's all digital.

Rarely do I call people, men and women alike, and rarely do they call me.

Fact is, in this digital age, with the amount of attention women are getting in real life and via text, it is absolutely paramount to know how to text to keep you on her mind.

I spoke in great detail about this in another thread; I've taken luke warm interest girls and turned them into steaming hot interest level girls from text alone.

The game never changes. How you apply it does. If you can't be interesting, mysterious, funny, charming etc in person because you can't see her; do it via text. The game stays the same.
Yep this comes up often enough to justify some form of FAQ for it.

I don't think I've actually called a girl to set up a date in over a year now. Everything has been over text or IM. Even now my girlfriend and I have only spoken on the phone once and that was because I knew she'd be driving and couldn't respond to a text at that time. When she's not at my place we text or chat on Facebook, or use Skype if she's not seen my face in a while.

Texting is here to stay, get used to it and embrace it.

And yeah, being sexual over text is dangerous at first as without her being able to hear your tone and see your facial expressions it's too easy to come across as creepy. You need to slowly escalate and find out what she enjoys and as she becomes more familiar with you what you can say will increase.

CJ Top

Don Juan
Reaction score
The phone is for setting dates, not getting to know someone. Be a man, pick up the phone and set a date. Texting is for friends. Not lovers. Keep doing what you’re doing if you want and get friend zoned