Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text Messaging

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice 99% of the posts here regarding Text Messaging are related to some problem a member is having.

#1 I personally feel Text Messaging a girl is Lame.

Has anyone here ever had a score/positive experience from text messaging?

#2 You cant read emotions, intentions, sentiments etc..from a Text Message..WHY NOT just make a phone call to say HI?

Then beating yourself up..wondering if she got the message, and why she hasnt responded?

#3 maybe im a bit presumptuous..but text messaging conveys that you are a wuss coward who hides behind a computer or a cell fone instead of coming right out and calling a girl.

and YES..text messaging too much back and forth is as bad as calling a girl too many times.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally agree that text messages are stupid. When you're texting, that means you have her number. WHY NOT CALL?!?!?! It's like taking yourself backwards in the process. I made some mistakes of doing text messaging, never again will I make the same mistakes. You let them know that text msg is an acceptable form of communication, they will never let it go.

NO TEXT MESSAGES!

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the first chick I got was through ICQ. I knew her in person, but we moved off to different areas for college.

Ended up growing very close over ICQ. So it depends on the situations I guess.

GinuwineXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting girls was created for players like me. It is a life saver ;).

I am talking to six diffrent girls right now. So when I am with one girl I don't want to talk on the phone to another. Because girls always can tell when your talking to other females. So I text them saying stuff like " When do you want to hookup". Stuff like I am busy now I'll call you later.

When you are a player you have to be really careful. Using Text MESSAGES[/SIZE] works for me.

I also use it to talk to people when I am in class. It's pretty much like a fake 2 way pager.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
a generation below me i.e. 14-17 year olds (im 19 now) use text messaging to set dates quickly. If you have a friend's friend who's sister you like, you simply ask for their number text message them (since its cheaper) if she saw you and is interested she will say yes. basically, kids these days have it all, and with their mobile phone bills shooting through the roof, text messaging 20 chicks you met at a friends party is not a bad idea.

If you are in college now, and part of a big social group where mobiles are a norm, you can get away with it. Its direct and she accepts and declines your offer. Even gals do this to guys they are interested in! Personally, I think its fine. Since I go to university and work, I dont get much time to convo with just anyone on street of cafe. If I want a mobile number, I go to one of those attention *****s which literally has a directory of everyone on campus and grab their number. I set the date at a cafe and we talk....

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll give you my experience with it as a 20 year old 2nd year college student for reference.

I frankly think it's impossible to DJ through text messages and I in fact think that setting up a date through a text message is a wimpy thing to do. In fact I had one girl tell me earlier this year that she thought text messaging was "weak" from a guy, because if he takes the time to type a message he should just call her! This is funny however as I ended up getting involved with this girl later on and all she does is text message me!

Now I'm new to this, I just got a new cell phone in March with texting capabilities as my old one didn't have it. So anyway, I ended up getting this girls number, and I proceeded to call her and set up dates as I usually do and we went out twice. But then she started text messaging me. Now I didn't know how to handle this as it was new, so I usually replied to them. She would send them once or twice a week. I never once asked her out through the text messanger but she would invite me out through it! lol. I guess she thinks it's weak for guys to use but she will use it to set up a date! Anyway, at some point she began texting me every single night, sometimes 2 or 3 times! Being uneducated in this new form of communication I usually replied to most of them. This was a mistake! Even though I did not initiate any of these text messages I gave her to much attention by always replying, and it also showed her in a subconcious way that I had nothing better to do but reply to these ridiculous messages. So when I called for a date at the end of the week, she completely flaked out and made up some lame excuse! What went wrong I thought? Well I gave her to much attention, she got all that she wanted and now she had enough. So I got some help from this board here and decided to cut off all contact. After 4 days of no contact she texted me and I didn't reply. Again, and I still didn't reply. A week after contact was seperated she hunted me down at school and asked if I had been getting her messages. I just said yep, and kept talking with my friend lol

The texting continued and I just stopped replying, it drove her crazy, she actually called me and asked if I wanted to meet her somewhere at this point! At last, I defeated the texting game, or so I thought. After I met her she was really friendly and touchy feely, and then the texting began again. Except this time I was smarter, I just never replied unless it was an actual question that requires an answer. All these cute/stupid little message just collect on my phone, she has asked me out through text messenger 3 or 4 times as of now. Once was a "demand" of sorts in which my reply was a phone call where I changed the meeting to a time 3 hours later and she actually said, "well whatever time fits your schedule better". Now that's more like it!!!!

As of today I have 19 text messages on my phone in one weeks time. 1 is from my friend 18 are from this girl lol! I have replied to a grand total of 2! Of course now I have a real date set up again with this girl, she actually suggested it in person because now she is desperate it seems. I will set up the time and place via the REAL phone. Mind you I have another girl in my situation as this one is just to damn flaky, and girl #1 here actually knows about girl number 2 so that helps my situation! Btw Girl number 2 never, ever uses SMS so go figure? lol.

So my experience has tought me a lot. Only set up dates through the phone! Even if you do this already don't get caught up in replying to all those cutesy stupid little messages IGNORE THEM! Rarely if ever send a text unless it is really important, or if you already know the girl I see no harm in sending an amusing little message every now and then and I mean only once in a great while here! Texting seems to be the attention wh0re's new format for playing mind games, don't play it or they win.

So that's my 2 cents .:cool:

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Text messaging never worked for me. Of course then again I've never quite experimented with it as Lone_raider has so maybe it needs a bit of looking into before I totally write it off...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

I'd think the text message would be OK once you're already "in" with her, and by "in" I mean "in bed." By then, you've already demonstrated your manhood.

A text message is more akin to a postcard than a phone call, though. Would you ask a girl out by postcard? ;)

RedHerring

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope we're making a difference between text messaging and email.

I'd rather ask for a girls email first, because it is much less threatening (if you ask her for it in a short period of time i.e. 3 minutes) and is a lot more casual. Also, both you and her can take time to carefully pick out what you are going to say, unlike a telephone conversation where you might say something you didn't want to, or not as how you would ahve liked it.

Text messaging...idk I don't use it. AIM I use, but never to ask someone out. It's so impersonal.

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i personally use america online for text messaging, ive been using it for 4 years and it has ruined my lifeeeeeee. Dont get caught up in text messaging, if u get hooked on it, u'll lose some skills of socializing face to face and on the phone. And u all know u need the face to face socializing more then u need txt messaging.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why isn't it a good idea to use text messages or emails after you already got the number?

How easy is it to text "I am sorry, I can't make it tonight, I got something very important to do." Compare to talking on the phone and answering questions. Plus a simple, "I GTG" = no responses is needed, I am busy. It just makes it so much easier to say no than it is on the phone. Even if you know they gonna say no, at least make them do the work.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Text Messaging has a HUGE following outside north america, esp in europe and australia, so I don't doubt many ppl use it to set things up or wwhatever

schaff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very strange. In the UK it nobody really even calls off their mobile. Text messaging is a big thing over here and pretty much everyone sets up dates over them.

Nobody calls anyone if a text will do the job. I can't even remember the last time anyone organised anything over a real phone call.

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by schaff
Very strange. In the UK it nobody really even calls off their mobile. Text messaging is a big thing over here and pretty much everyone sets up dates over them.

Nobody calls anyone if a text will do the job. I can't even remember the last time anyone organised anything over a real phone call.
Well then, I think the USA is working on an entirely different level with text messaging! lol. I mean it's alright to send around meeting times with your friends, but I would still think that you would want to call a girl that you are trying to DJ, even in the UK or mainland Europe. I think sending a girl a text message about a date gives her one to many chances to read over it and back out on you. Plus with a phone call you can at least use voice inflection and use some C&F, not much of that through a text message lol. It may just come down to different attitudes about texting in the USA as opposed to the UK. Maybe it's something ingrained in the culture, I just don't know?:p