Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text Messaging

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I wanted to get the MM opinion on text messaging. I've always been 100% against it after getting sucked into it once for a brief period of time. I find its the perfect tool for women, as they don't like confrontation so they can avoid conflict and get their way.

So my question is do you text message? I realize that for most people, you have to use it to a slight degree to not come across as a dinosaur but I refuse to use it to have a conversation with a women.

I've seen women use it when they are bored at work or do to a play by play on life. However I don't think women should have that much of your attention.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its fine....women I date always send me text messages..it means your on there mind.

if ur not in the friends zone then dont worry about it....a girl I just slept with last night texted me this morning about something..clearly she had a good night.

I am really finding that showing a women my natural confidence really really crushed in any little thing I may think I am being afc about.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one more thing..u can also play games with them.

they text you...your right back...they text..

then you stop and they text again :) and again :)

driver55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im glad you brought this up...

I do not have text messaging as an option. In fact, I told the wireless company to turn it off on my phone. I can't even receive them. I love it because I don't get stupid text messages, however I have to remember to tell people when I meet them and give them my number that I don't do texting (I often forget this). Then I get the "Dude, whey didn't you answer my text..blah blah."

Well, honestly the reason I do it is because I find it to be impersonal. Yes, chics love it for that reason, no confrontation. But I prefer people just f---ing pick up the phone and call if they want to hang out. Texting has its place (clubs, loud areas, when you need to be discrete, etc), but we got away without it for so long...

Huh...I am considering getting it with my new phone though...I don't know how much stuff I may have missed by not getting peoples texts.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate it. I rarely respond to texts. I don't understand why you can't pick up the phone if you have something to say. I can understand if someone call you while in the Movies and you send them a text saying you are busy you will call later, but to hold a conversation.

I get my text sometimes the next day anyway, so if a girl text me and want to hang out instead of calling my phone she will think I am a a$$whole for not replying.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think the less we men communicate with a woman via phone, email, IM or text, the better it goes for us.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Text/IM/email are nothing more than modern communication tools. It's not WHAT you do it's HOW you do it.

I use all three, but at the same time I agree with this:

Mr. Me said:
Personally, I think the less we men communicate with a woman via phone, email, IM or text, the better it goes for us.
Relying too much on NON face to face communication is like a pro basketball team going up against a pro hockey team on the ice. Who do you think is gonna win?

Women rule communication, men rule action.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Mr. Me said:
Absolutely-goddamned-right!

I'm all for chatting it up wth a woman but when it comes down to strict communication via a tool you keep in your pocket, I'm of the opinion that we should be using nothing other than our penises.

I think I hit a nerve with Luveno in the other thread but I never see men sitting around anxiously pushing tiny buttons to tell a woman: "Hi girlfriend!"

JeanShorts

Reaction score
Look out for the text message sh*t test.

A girl I met last night sent texts to some guys she was 'talking to but not sleeping with'. THREE of them showed up. She didn't make plans with any of them, they chose to alter their plans to come see her. Later, as she was sitting on my lap, she started complaining that they were all the same (boring, predictable) and she wanted a challenge. Long story short, I was the one making out with her at the end of the night.

So beware of the 'meet me out' text if you haven't made prior plans. While she may genuinely want to see you, it could also be a test to see if she's got you.

I personally hate talking on the phone. Texts are a great tool for quick one line questions or for communicating when you just can't talk (at a bar/club, for example). I wouldn't have a long back and forth, though.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think text messaging isn't necessarily a bad thing. If your spinning a plate who you have a low interest level in, but she has a high interest level in you, than you could keep her around via the text message instead of totally blowing her off. Like there are times I want to keep a girl around for the future lonely nights... If I drop a text message once in a while it seems like I am still interested in her.

That is the way woman communicate these days especially the 18-24 year olds.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
MacAvoy said:
I wanted to get the MM opinion on text messaging. I've always been 100% against it after getting sucked into it once for a brief period of time. I find its the perfect tool for women, as they don't like confrontation so they can avoid conflict and get their way.

So my question is do you text message? I realize that for most people, you have to use it to a slight degree to not come across as a dinosaur but I refuse to use it to have a conversation with a women.

I've seen women use it when they are bored at work or do to a play by play on life. However I don't think women should have that much of your attention.
I haven't read the replies here, but, a woman who text messages or instant messages you to talk to you, is a woman who's not interested in you. Very easy to realize that. Now if she texts you for small talk before or after talking to you on the phone, it's a different story. When a woman is interested in you, she'll want to talk on the phone and hear your voice. Common sense.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
MacAvoy said:

Text-messaging is how she talks to her girlfriends. 'nuff said.

Reaction score
edger said:
I haven't read the replies here, but, a woman who text messages or instant messages you to talk to you, is a woman who's not interested in you. Very easy to realize that. Now if she texts you for small talk before or after talking to you on the phone, it's a different story. When a woman is interested in you, she'll want to talk on the phone and hear your voice. Common sense.

I'm not sure about this. I think women have become so used to texting they just use it all the time. One time a girl texted me about her plans falling through to go to the club. So I texted back, COME OVER! And she came over and I hit it.

So I think she was pretty interested.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ Use texts for relaying immediate info. That's what happened there.

It worked. It functions better because it's purposeful.

DO NOT use texts to "chat" back and forth. That's NOT purposeful.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
I'm not sure about this. I think women have become so used to texting they just use it all the time. One time a girl texted me about her plans falling through to go to the club. So I texted back, COME OVER! And she came over and I hit it.

So I think she was pretty interested.
I agree....

I text my male friends..not like women do believe me..but if its some small ****..like my guy just texted me:

Gym, 1 pm.

so thats not a big deal...every women ive dated in the last month has texted me a ton weather its aim or myspace or my tele...all of them I could of got with or did get with.

its a form of communication...when a women is wanting your ass..you will get texts all day...throw her a bone...its not being afc.

afc is calling the women 5 times a day and texting her and she not responding.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
This is about right. In fact I had a woman tell me that she texts her ex-husband because she doesn't want to talk to him on the phone.

I also have this girl who has low IL in me but she sends me text jokes everyday. I'm just someone on her texting list.

Edgar is right. When a woman is interested in you she will take your call, return your call or call you.

Texting is a tool. For women it's a great avoidance tool...like voicemail and e-mail. I use it to raise a girls IL.

frivolousz21 said:
afc is calling the women 5 times a day and texting her and she not responding.
True. No response usually means no interest.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mazeman11 said:
It's funny how you guys create your own theories and start believing them without any solid proof.

"Text-messaging is how she talks to her girlfriends. 'nuff said."

Well guess what? She also calls them and talks to them in person. 'nuff said!

Many if not most women really interested in me have gone down the txting route. It doesn't mean they are or they are not interested. It's the new form of communication. They are less likely to say something stupid right on the spot and makes them feel more comfortable.

Also keep in mind that it takes much more effort to txt with your keypad than to dial that number. So the next time you receive a txt or send one, stop being an analytical fool and play with her curious little mind!

He shoots he scores!!!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have text-convos (or worse, fights), but now i use it with restraint.

I think texts are fine, in the right context. I no longer engage in text conversations or respond to endless silly messages. A few here and there is fine. It can actually work to your advantage if you're good at it.

Same with emails--minimal. If it's not business related, talk face to face.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out a thread I compiled a while ago HERE that sums up the views of some of the top users on the forum.